Survivor Caramoan (Season 26)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Catherine M, Jan 11, 2013.

1. jamesy

jamesy Well-Known Member

I think it was because they couldn't remember her name and didn't want to write down "the girl" on the parchment.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Rogue

Rogue Sexy Superhero

I kept wanting Corinne to realize that Philip's split-the-vote plan could work well for her. All of a sudden at tribal counsel, there could have been 2 votes Julia, 1 vote Michael, and 3 votes Philip.

3. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

ok, I've just about had my Phil of the secret agent. Just a terrible ep. And Julia has to go down as one of the most boring castaways ever. Maybe the merge next week will spice things up...

4. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

Philip is such a tool.

5. Prancer

Prancer The "specialness" that is Staff Member

This was a blah episode, but I have high hopes for next week--gross food challenge! :cheer2: It has been way too long!

I don't know how Phillip's tribemates keep from slapping him. It must be a daily temptation. I thought Cochran was going to lose it and laugh in his face when Philip was going on about throwing the challenge.

6. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

Yeah, yeah, Phillip tedious, but what I'm tired of is challenges starring Reynold throwing things. Seriously, where are the immunity challenges that don't involve tossing, 'cause I'm about to hurl.

Cochran's speech about Phillip and the immunity challenge was :rofl:

7. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Did Phillip really say "foo paws" (instead of faux pas), cause that's what it sounded like to me. :lol:

8. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

Yep. Or "foos paws". Maybe he thought it was the plural.

9. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

Kasey beat me to it. That's what I heard,too.

10. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Foo Paws is stealth R Us's secret puppy division.

I need a merge soon. This season is boring me.

Sparks and (deleted member) like this.
  11. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

The season as been ok for me, although I agree this last episode was a yawner. :yawn:

12. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

Not surprised that the Favs are ruling both tribes, although I think long-term, all the fans that they probably wish could get voted out aren't going to TC because the tribe is too strong, lol. Julia, Matt and Mike aren't really game threats to anyone, but Sherri, Reynold and Reynold's Sidekick are. Oops. Oh well, it's not like there is anything they can "do" about it, but it is funny how the tribes shook out.

Julia is such a dumb vote. She wasn't going to do anything...pretty much anyone else would have been a better vote, especially with the merge looming. Maybe they were afraid she would become someone's goat, but yeah.

So far in the game, I'm liking Andrea and shockingly, Corinne. Malcolm is smart but I hate that he's aligning with Reynold; I can't stand him. Chochran is hilarious and I hope he makes it far, but he's too smart to be anyone's goat and he can't power his way to the end.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  13. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

I'm surprised that I like Corinne too. I didn't expect that to happen!
    Cochrane is great... I hope he makes it far.

14. halffull

halffull Life is beautiful!

ITA. I wish Corinne had used her head to get 3 votes against Phillip. No one from her original alliance would hold it against her and we'd be rid of one of the most annoying players ever!!

15. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Best part of the episode was the cameramen catching Dawn's crazy face at the top of the episode when Phillip started rambling about some crazy topic. :rofl:

16. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

The best move, imo, is to drag Phillip past the merge....let him irritate everyone.

17. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

I too am being entertained by Corinne. I am wondering about Brenda! Has she changed? I want to know what she is up to.
    I am loving Cochrane - hope he wins. He has perfect insight into the game and is just amused by it. Everytime they have one of his confessionals - I am happy - I know something entertaining and relevant will be said!
    I loved Malcolm last season, but his teaming up with Reynold - NO!
    I too heard FOO from Phillip. he is more entertaining than crazy compared to last season. but will be happy when he leaves.

18. walei

walei Well-Known Member

I hated Corinne in Gabon but anyone who is up against Phillip will win points with me. So what's up with Dawn? Julia was trying to instigate a Phillip vote off and Dawn ran right to Phillip and ratted out everything... I'm not liking her at all this season. Didn't like Malcolm in Philippines, and not liking him here. I hope Cochrane goes all the way but he needs a power play soon.

19. Prancer

Gross food, plottin' and schemin', an immunity win for Cochran over Malcolm and a blindside--heh! Much better ep than last week.

I wish they had booted Philip just because, but I'll take Corinne, if only because it meant seeing that smug smirk wiped off Reynold's face AGAIN. I can't remember the last time someone on Survivor was so utterly wrong about what was going to happen at TC so many times. :lol:

20. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed tonight, so happy for Cochrane's immunity win, against Malcolm! Also liked how happy he was and others were for him. Loved the looks in TC, Corinned and team so happy then shocked! Good for Dawn. Right now I am rooting for Cochrane to win, with Dawn, and Anadrea next, and Malcolm if he dumps Reynold and Eddie. I think the show is going to be much better now.

I do enjoy some returning players. But I would love if they had a season with all newbies, and no immunity idols. like the first season. People would be searching for idols that don't exist.

21. Ares

Ares Guest

I'm so in a fight with Dawn. She did make a better choice for her own game though. Corrine might have had better luck trying to flip Brenda. And speaking of Brenda, where has she been? She was a major strategic player in Nicaragua but seems non existent here.

Once Andrea approached Erik, I knew his deal with Malcolm was out the window. He never could resist trusting an angelic face.

And Philip survives another plot to overthrow him. Even though it was more the work of Dawn, Cochran, and Andrea to save him, I'm sure he'll be taking credit for eliminating Corrine.

Corrine was an interesting player to watch, so I'm sad to see her go. I have to say though, I hate when people use the terms "the gay" or "my gay" to describe someone. Even if it's out of love, Michael is not a pet.

22. Rogue

Rogue Sexy Superhero

Oh, Corrinne. You made your move one week too late. And why in the world did you target Sheri instead of using Michael's relationship with her to bring her to your side? Surely Reynold and Eddie could have put aside their differences with her to get the numbers.

23. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Then that would have made a voting block of seven with four fans as a possible core group who would get rid of the three favourites. If Corinne wanted a group of seven, it would have to be four favourite and only three fans. So Sherri was the odd man out. Well...in theory. :lol:

Interesting thought. I wonder if Malcolm said to Erik something like, "do you think it might be a good idea to be in an alliance with four other guys this time around"?

24. genevieve

This was probably the best episode of the season. Eww...gross food challenge! It's been a long time since we've had one - but usually the food items are more varied. I think the producers found the single grossest item from every food challenge they've had and made them eat all of them. PML at the beginning when the cover on Erik's plate was moving :scream: Cochran's reaction was awesome.

Sighhhhhhh...Corinne :wall: She's not particularly likeable as a person (I hated her in Gabon) but she's been one of the bright spots to watch this season. But she committed the cardinal sin of overplaying. Phillip tells her to split the vote, which should have been a gift from the ceiling cat....if Phillip, Dawn, Cochran, Brenda and Sherri are splitting their votes, there is no need for a 7th person in the Corinne/Malcolm alliance. Just vote Phillip out!! Gota is still down to 4 players who don't all get along and aren't likely to reform their original tribe alliance. But nooooooooooo, Corinne had to argue with Phillip about the voting pattern AND the target. Then she had to pick the one person in her old alliance who has already proven to be Phillip's little tattle tale! :rolleyes: And then of course, she utters the title of the episode - "Blindside Time", which took any suspense away from it. After her performance this episode, Corinne deserved to go :drama:

And I did like seeing the smirks wiped off of Reynold's and Malcolm's faces :EVILLE:

25. Prancer

Let's hope it's the beginning of something good, because until this episode, this season has been pretty :blah:.

She didn't play this round well at all. But...

And hers! Loved it when Cochran said he was glad that Corinne was so open about being open to possibilities--she should have known then that her jig was up right then, but she wasn't paying attention. Too busy thinking about how clever she was.

Why on earth did she think Dawn would go along with her? What was supposed to be in it for Dawn?

26. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

That's what I don't get -- Dawn & Cochran are not exactly hiding the fact that they are a pair. I'd find it quite difficult to believe one of them would split from the other after seeing what that did for both of their games the last time they played. Dawn really stepped it up this week. I've read some people who are pissed and calling her a backstabber, but she seriously just saved her own ass by flipping things. It was almost a guarantee that she'd be gone within the next 2 or 3 tribal councils if she ended up on the bottom of the group.

All that said, I did feel a bit bad for Corinne. I didn't like her one bit in Gabon, but I liked her quite a bit this season. Maybe it was her constant snarky comments, particularly the ones against Phillip ("he's like 10 pounds of potatoes in a 5 pound sack" :lol: )

Interesting that the jury didn't start this week... :shuffle:

27. genevieve

well, it's a low bar for sure :lol: So disappointing, since the previous Fans v Faves was such a blast.

She did exactly what Andrea did when it looked like she might get voted off in the first TC. I'm glad Andrea stayed, as I really like her, but the undercut of the smirk is always a good thing :saint:

I think Corinne did as much strategizing as most of the others in her original alliance - but sadly, the main strategy seems to be letting Phillip think he's running the show and hope to sit next to him at the end. They're all being very passive, which sucks for us. I understand that strategy for Cochran, who can't count on more eating challenges the way Reynold can probably expect at least one more immunity challenge involving throwing things, but for the whole group of them to let Phillip go on and on and on like he does is just tedious.

Oh, and somewhere is the occasional flash of Brenda reacting to something, I noticed she's got a knee brace. Poor Brenda - even her injuries are so boring we don't get to see them!

28. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

I hadn't thought of that. If the eight favourites voted four and four, Corinne, Malcolm, Eddie, Reynold and Michael would have had control with five votes. But with Phillip gone, those five would have been voting against a controlling group of six, no?

Good point. If you want somebody's vote, I think you need to say, "and what you get with this vote is..." They didn't show much of what Dawn would get out of this (other than being rid of Phillip, but he doesn't irk Dawn the way he does Corinne). If Dawn had gone with Corinne, Malcolm, Erik, Eddie, Reynold and Michael then it looks like she'd be the low man on the totem pole. Unless the uber-males started to want to take each other out and saw Dawn as someone beneficial to be sitting next to at the end...

29. genevieve

Had they voted out Phillip, the old alliances would have truly shifted and there would have been a couple of options. Andrea/Cochran/Dawn would be the obvious next targets, since they are the strategists. Brenda and Erik seem to vote however they're told, but would probably go with the dominant alliance, which at that point would be Corinne, Malcolm, R/E, Michael and Sherri (6 vs 5). We know that Malcolm wanted the Bro alliance, and if Corinne wised up to it before decimating the rest of the Favorites, she could get Brenda and Erik on board to go after them. Michael would be more true to Corinne than Reynold/Eddie, and Sherri can't stand R/E. It's not all a given, but Corinne was in a GREAT place, and she totally blew it! Sigh.

30. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

I couldn't watch the food challenge. Yuucckkkkk!! I just listened.

And was Cochran this funny on his original season? Because he has been cracking me up this time. So glad he got a win, and over Malcolm too! I love it when the outcasts beat the popular kids! I would love it for Cochran to win the whole thing.

I know it wouldn't be Phillip tonight, since next weeks TV Guide already had a picture of Phillip being part of next week's episode. :duh: I do find Phillip funny in a "my gawd he's freaking out of his mind" kind of way, but now he is beginning to grate on my nerves. Can he go next please!