Survivor Caramoan (Season 26)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Catherine M, Jan 11, 2013.

1. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Reynold's bulge was indeed a highlight of the episode.

2. Prancer

Prancer The "specialness" that is Staff Member

She says it was all editing. And while it obviously wasn't ALL editing, it does appear that the idea that she and Reynold were a couple had kind of faded by this episode.

Jeff has promised a season full of twists and turns and things never before seen!

On one hand, it's Jeff. OTOH, the rumors about this season are rather :eek:. Naming no names or giving away anything in detail, but blocked for those who like to be completely surprised,
    someone is supposed to be ejected from the show, someone is medivaced for psychological reasons, someone else is medivaced for serious illness/injury, and someone had to spend a week in a mental health clinic after being ripped to shreds during the final TC.
    Now whether any of that actually happens or not is up in the air; there's always a mix of true and not true in those rumors.

Speaking of Jeff, his talk show was canceled, so Survivor should return to its usual production schedule.

3. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Just read your spoiler Prancer - and thank you very much for framing it so I could decide whether to peak or not - and if the last part is true, that in itself might be worth the investment in the season!

4. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Ooooo, Prancer!
    That is all kinds of :watch: :watch: :watch:

5. jamesy

jamesy Well-Known Member

I kept forgetting that thing existed.

6. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

It was so sad to see Dawn crying all alone for so long last night. :(

7. walei

walei Well-Known Member

Jeff: Do you want to say who it is with the HII?
    Laura: Nah
    Jeff: YOU ARE LOOKING RIGHT AT REYNOLD!

:lol: Good ol' Jeff.

8. Prancer

Yeah, I'm not at all keen on watching any of the "favorites," but now I want to see if any of those rumors are true.

Suckered in again.

You and everyone else.

9. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i watched it when he had blair on. she made him look even more awkward. he asked the same questions my nana would ask if some misguided person gave her a show.

10. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

Boy, if Shemar thinks acting like an 8 yr old is the way to win Survivor, he's not much of a "Fan".

And what happened to the Lil' Hantz' vow to play cleaner than his Uncle??? Unlike Russell, Brandon seems to have his Dad's crazy, and it's not pretty. And Brandon, by this time in the game your Uncle would have had a HII, where's yours? And peeing in the rice? Really? Did you reallly say, threaten, that? Stay classy Brandon...

And boy is Malcolm way under the radar so far.

11. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

As much as I don't exactly like the "foursome" in the fans, I can't take Shamar AT ALL. He is coming across as fat-assed, lippy, lazy, petulant, argumentative and downright childish. About the only thing he might be good for his the use of his muscles -- and I don't mean his mouth.

12. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

Shemar - just bums me out. When I learn certain contestant professions before we get to know them- like war vet- I really want to root for them and think they might have applicable skills for Survivor and then they disappoint! (another profession - like teacher I think good! - but then we got Nakiah (sp?).) Also Shemar with all his muscles reminds me of a muscled guy in the past that quit - blanking on his name.
    I am glad they got rid of one of the cool kids, even though Shemar deserved to go. Better to cancel the 4 sooner than later.
    5-4 - one could sway, but 6-3 is better.

Why does Philip have to be in pink underwear again? Just so stupid.

Malcolm - under the radar - hope he does well - he should team up with Laura! He really is observant -loved his comments about Lil Hantz.

Yes - too many people - I almost forgot Corinne was there. Sounds like Lil Hantz and Erik like her - makes me curious.
    And there is a girl with dark hair on the fans team - saw her in group discussions, but did she speak?

Jenny - please warch - for selfish reasons - I always enjoy your posts!!

13. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

Osten in Pearl Islands. Was he the first Survivor ever to quit? I remember Probst being furious about it.

Agree!!

14. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

Yes, he was the first. Don't you remember, his "lungs" were bleeding is why he quit. lol

15. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

Right! :rofl: He was complaining that he was catching pneumonia.
    He couldn't swim either, and had to be rescued by a teammate during a water challenge.

16. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

Except Osten didn't quit - he asked to be voted out, and he was. Yes, it was the first time someone left the game due to their own wishes, but I don't think it's fair to lump him in with NaOnka, Janu, Purple Kelly, Kathy, Susan Hawk (all-stars) or even Jenna (all stars) or Dana, who had good reasons to leave. Osten wanted to be voted out at a previous tribal, and when his tribe didn't release him, he didn't quit, he played by the rules of the game.

I don't have a lot of love for Osten, but I think he's gotten a bad rap over the years.

17. zaphyre14

zaphyre14 Well-Known Member

I don't understand why people with phobias sign up for reality shows like this. If you've heard anything about "Survivor" over the years, you know that there's going to be water challenges and climbing challenges and eating challenges. So if you can't swim/fear water or are afraid of heights/snakes/bugs, don't sign up. Or if you have those fears and still sign up, shut up and deal with the fears without hysteria. Or get some therapy before you come on the show so that you can deal with it without drama. Drama calls attention to the weakness and weakness gets you voted off.

18. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

To vote someone out who you find irritating is bad gameplay in my opinion. It is the move of someone who does not have control over their emotions.

You want to vote out anyone who would get more votes than you in the final tribal council. You want to keep anyone who will take less votes than you. Plus, keeping obnoxious people around puts the focus on them rather than how you might be a threat to win over everyone else. In that way, the obnoxious person acts as a shield. And in game where you are a target to be eliminated, throwing away your shield is indeed a very bad move.

19. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Phillip question (cause I don't remember) ......

I know in his past season, they always had "Federal Agent" on the screen shot when they showed Phillip in confessionals. Exactly what kind of Federal Agent was/is he? What, exactly, was/is his job?

20. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Lesson for future male contestants: do not wear tight pants, or if there's a bulge in your pants then make sure its the right bulge ;)

21. DaveRocks

DaveRocks Well-Known Member

Well, Malcolm's bulge was quite noticeable in a couple of scenes in the last episode. I'm sure PeterG noticed, too. ;)

22. jamesy

jamesy Well-Known Member

All the endowed players will get eliminated on suspicion of having an immunity idol.

23. Prancer

He was, briefly, a Special Agent with the Defense Investigation Services, which used to be name of the service that does background checks for DoD security clearances.

This is his LinkedIn profile--he has spent most of his working life in software sales: http://www.linkedin.com/in/phillipsheppard Which is almost as hard to believe.

24. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Okey dokey. So he was a 'federal agent' for all of 3 years (ending in 1989) while he was a member of the armed forces and it was his assigned duty, and did background checks for security clearances. But then was in Sales for the next 20+ years, yet Survivor notes him as a 'federal agent' instead of Software Sales on his label? Maybe this is why I find it so funny as for some reason I thought he was like an FBI agent for 20 years or something like that. And when he would go all Crazy Phillip I'm thinking .... and THIS was an agent in the FBI?!? :lol: This actually explains a lot now.

25. Prancer

You can't believe anything Survivor says about the careers of the contestants. They often exaggerate, downplay or use some past career, depending on what "character" they are trying to present.

It doesn't show on LinkedIn, but Phillip was apparently taking a stab at an acting career before Survivor, too, and I've often wondered if that is the true cause of his craziness.

26. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Yeah, the professions are really just what CBS chooses to make things look like they have a more diverse group of people. Parvati's profession went from "boxer" to "charity organizer" between her first two seasons, I believe. Also there have been a few "former models." I still think my favorite was "magician's assistant" from Guatemala :lol: Or "Russell Hantz's Nephew," which flashed on the screen whenever Brandon was talking... I wonder how much he makes per year under that profession? :p

27. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Big Brother does the same thing - I think casting looks through their resumes and picks whatever they think is interesting, regardless of when and how long the person actually did that job, and what they do now. In the case of Big Brother, because they have to give up about 3 months to do the show, the reality is usually "unpaid full time reality show auditioner."

28. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

someone asked earlier about Phillip's pink undies - I would bet a packet that the producers made it a requirement that he prance around in them again.

29. Prancer

Definitely--like Rupert's tie-dye shirts and Boston Rob's and Jonathan's hats, and so on, Phillip's grapefruit undies are part of his persona. The producers choose the clothes for all the contestants and always have. It's all about creating a "character."

A little bit of past Survivors gossip: Ethan and Jenna Announce Breakup in People, Ask for Privacy

30. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member