Survivor Caramoan (Season 26)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Catherine M, Jan 11, 2013.

1. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Did I read somewhere that this season taped while Malcolm's season was airing, so the Fans really have no clue who he is since they would not have seen his season?
  2. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

It taped back-to-back, I believe. Wouldn't that mean it finished before Malcom's season even started on TV?
  3. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

^^^I thought so too.
    But why does Malcolm look like he's gained a little bit of weight? Maybe not-so-back-to-back?
  4. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

Have you watched Survivor Ponderosa? Those jury members gain the weight back SO FAST. Malcolm probably had a week or few between wrapping his first season and starting the second...plenty of time to pig out and gain back some weight. If he'd had more time between seasons, he probably would have been able to moderate his metabolism more so the weight gain wasn't so apparent.
  5. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

I believe there was a 3 week break between filming of the two seasons so Malcolm had some time to add some weight by eating alot while he was back in California.
    Sparks and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

That makes sense.
  7. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

I checked the dates: Philippines wrapped up filming on April 25th, Caramoan began filming May 21st.
  8. Catherine M

I think a 3 year old could have found that Idol that Reynold found.

Edited to say, I think Reynold is 3 years old as that was the worst use of an IDOL EVER!!
  9. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

That high school alliance = :blah:
  10. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Allie, if you're really a Survivor fan and have watched it for years, why would you get into a cuddle alliance? :rolleyes: Dope.

Special Agent Saggy Pants really needs to stop talking to the camera. And Cochran's rock chair/perch is awesome! I want one in my home! :lol:
  11. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

I thought almost the exact same thing except for forming a four person "popular kids" alliance when there are six additional people in your tribe. Did she skip out of all her math classes??
  12. Catherine M

It really is amazing that a girl that has wanted to play since she was 11 years old would think a cuddle alliance and an alliance of 4 in a tribe of 10 was a good thing. You'd think she was one of those mactors that are cast from time to time that has no clue on how to play the game the way she played it in her 6 days on the beach. Her pre show interviews showed such promise too. I guess the allure of being with the "cool kids" and Reynold's fine ass made her loose all of wits right there on day 1.
    Sassafras and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

LOL

Just glad one of the cool kids went home. I didn't even care which one of them it would be.
  14. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

It was rather a dull episode. The worst part was Little Hantz setting up his meltdown. ugh.
  15. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

:cheer2: One of the Lunchables went home! Love that Laura brought the HII to the table at tribal council.

Brandon and Phillip are whackjobs.

Still nothing from Erik or Corrinne. Too many people there to devote screentime to everyone's agendas. I do like that the immunity challenge was shoved in the beginning of the episode so we had more time to learn the newbies and their tribe's dynamics a bit since they were the ones going to tribal council.
  16. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I haven't watched the first two episodes, and remain unmotivated to watch for the first time in the history of Survivor. Is there anything worth watching this season??
  17. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Yes, it is promising for a lot of :revenge: :argue: and :drama:
  18. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I just don't think I can take another season of either the Philip show or the Brandon show, and that's all I'm seeing in the commercials, sigh.
  19. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

When I read "Little Hantz", I immediately started hearing "Little Lamb" from Gypsy in my head.:lol:

Little Hantz, Little Hantz. You know we don't give a damn.
    Little Hantz, Little Hantz. Just grow up and be a man.
    Sparks and (deleted member) like this.
  20. Catherine M

This past episode wasn't too bad concerning Philip & Brandon as the favorites won the immunity challenge so they really weren't shown past the mid-episode mark. It was all Reynold and his stupidity the second half of the show. Plus Laura kicking some ass by noticing his bulging pocket! Good girl!
  21. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Reynold's bulge was indeed a highlight of the episode.
  22. Prancer

Prancer The "specialness" that is Staff Member

She says it was all editing. And while it obviously wasn't ALL editing, it does appear that the idea that she and Reynold were a couple had kind of faded by this episode.

Jeff has promised a season full of twists and turns and things never before seen!

On one hand, it's Jeff. OTOH, the rumors about this season are rather :eek:. Naming no names or giving away anything in detail, but blocked for those who like to be completely surprised,
    someone is supposed to be ejected from the show, someone is medivaced for psychological reasons, someone else is medivaced for serious illness/injury, and someone had to spend a week in a mental health clinic after being ripped to shreds during the final TC.
    Now whether any of that actually happens or not is up in the air; there's always a mix of true and not true in those rumors.

Speaking of Jeff, his talk show was canceled, so Survivor should return to its usual production schedule.
  23. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Just read your spoiler Prancer - and thank you very much for framing it so I could decide whether to peak or not - and if the last part is true, that in itself might be worth the investment in the season!
  24. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Ooooo, Prancer!
    That is all kinds of :watch: :watch: :watch:
  25. jamesy

jamesy Well-Known Member

I kept forgetting that thing existed.
  26. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

It was so sad to see Dawn crying all alone for so long last night. :(
  27. walei

walei Well-Known Member

Jeff: Do you want to say who it is with the HII?
    Laura: Nah
    Jeff: YOU ARE LOOKING RIGHT AT REYNOLD!

:lol: Good ol' Jeff.
  28. Prancer

Prancer The "specialness" that is Staff Member

Yeah, I'm not at all keen on watching any of the "favorites," but now I want to see if any of those rumors are true.

Suckered in again.

You and everyone else.
  29. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i watched it when he had blair on. she made him look even more awkward. he asked the same questions my nana would ask if some misguided person gave her a show.
  30. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

Boy, if Shemar thinks acting like an 8 yr old is the way to win Survivor, he's not much of a "Fan".

And what happened to the Lil' Hantz' vow to play cleaner than his Uncle??? Unlike Russell, Brandon seems to have his Dad's crazy, and it's not pretty. And Brandon, by this time in the game your Uncle would have had a HII, where's yours? And peeing in the rice? Really? Did you reallly say, threaten, that? Stay classy Brandon...

And boy is Malcolm way under the radar so far.
  31. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

As much as I don't exactly like the "foursome" in the fans, I can't take Shamar AT ALL. He is coming across as fat-assed, lippy, lazy, petulant, argumentative and downright childish. About the only thing he might be good for his the use of his muscles -- and I don't mean his mouth.
  32. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

Shemar - just bums me out. When I learn certain contestant professions before we get to know them- like war vet- I really want to root for them and think they might have applicable skills for Survivor and then they disappoint! (another profession - like teacher I think good! - but then we got Nakiah (sp?).) Also Shemar with all his muscles reminds me of a muscled guy in the past that quit - blanking on his name.
    I am glad they got rid of one of the cool kids, even though Shemar deserved to go. Better to cancel the 4 sooner than later.
    5-4 - one could sway, but 6-3 is better.

Why does Philip have to be in pink underwear again? Just so stupid.

Malcolm - under the radar - hope he does well - he should team up with Laura! He really is observant -loved his comments about Lil Hantz.

Yes - too many people - I almost forgot Corinne was there. Sounds like Lil Hantz and Erik like her - makes me curious.
    And there is a girl with dark hair on the fans team - saw her in group discussions, but did she speak?

Jenny - please warch - for selfish reasons - I always enjoy your posts!!
  33. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

Osten in Pearl Islands. Was he the first Survivor ever to quit? I remember Probst being furious about it.

Agree!!
  34. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

Yes, he was the first. Don't you remember, his "lungs" were bleeding is why he quit. lol
  35. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

Right! :rofl: He was complaining that he was catching pneumonia.
    He couldn't swim either, and had to be rescued by a teammate during a water challenge.
  36. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

Except Osten didn't quit - he asked to be voted out, and he was. Yes, it was the first time someone left the game due to their own wishes, but I don't think it's fair to lump him in with NaOnka, Janu, Purple Kelly, Kathy, Susan Hawk (all-stars) or even Jenna (all stars) or Dana, who had good reasons to leave. Osten wanted to be voted out at a previous tribal, and when his tribe didn't release him, he didn't quit, he played by the rules of the game.

I don't have a lot of love for Osten, but I think he's gotten a bad rap over the years.
  37. zaphyre14

zaphyre14 Well-Known Member

I don't understand why people with phobias sign up for reality shows like this. If you've heard anything about "Survivor" over the years, you know that there's going to be water challenges and climbing challenges and eating challenges. So if you can't swim/fear water or are afraid of heights/snakes/bugs, don't sign up. Or if you have those fears and still sign up, shut up and deal with the fears without hysteria. Or get some therapy before you come on the show so that you can deal with it without drama. Drama calls attention to the weakness and weakness gets you voted off.
  38. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

To vote someone out who you find irritating is bad gameplay in my opinion. It is the move of someone who does not have control over their emotions.

You want to vote out anyone who would get more votes than you in the final tribal council. You want to keep anyone who will take less votes than you. Plus, keeping obnoxious people around puts the focus on them rather than how you might be a threat to win over everyone else. In that way, the obnoxious person acts as a shield. And in game where you are a target to be eliminated, throwing away your shield is indeed a very bad move.
  39. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Phillip question (cause I don't remember) ......

I know in his past season, they always had "Federal Agent" on the screen shot when they showed Phillip in confessionals. Exactly what kind of Federal Agent was/is he? What, exactly, was/is his job?
  40. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Lesson for future male contestants: do not wear tight pants, or if there's a bulge in your pants then make sure its the right bulge ;)