Survivor Caramoan (Season 26)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Catherine M, Jan 11, 2013.

1. DaveRocks

DaveRocks Well-Known Member

Great first episode. The editing seemed to make it pretty obvious, though, that Francesca was going home. [There's no need to include spoiler tags after the episode has aired. If you don't want to know, stay off the internet! :) ]

I enjoyed Cochran. Poor Dawn seemed overly nervous most of the time she was shown. I hope these two make it to the end.

The high-school group of four grated on my nerves. Booo on them.

Loved seeing Malcolm again -- and nice to see him with a little more meat on his bones! :smokin: He was so thin by the end of last season!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  2. Prancer

Prancer Jawwalking Staff Member

Except

Thank you. Having spoiler tags simply leads to people expecting spoiler tags and snarking when they don't get them.

If it's been aired, it isn't spoiling to post it.

I had a class, so I walked in just in time to hear Francesca say that if she was voted of first again, she would eat a rock, and thought, "Hope your teeth are in good shape." She probably could have gone far if she hadn't been scheming so overtly.

Whyyyyyyyy would people not vote off Phillip? I don't know if I can take another season of him and his crazy fantasies.

I don't know how Cochrane could be so sunburned and not have sun poisoning. :yikes:

3. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

I expected to hate this season, but I admit it, I enjoyed the first ep. I just cringed when Malcolm clapped his hand on poor Cochrane's sunburnt shoulder. That had to hurt.

4. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Don't they provide sunblock to the contestants just for the medical and safety factor?! I thought they provided some basic medical supplies just so they don't like ... kill anyone! Poor Cochrane! It made my skin sting just looking at his sunburn. How can he even walk at this point with those burned up, swollen feet. :yikes:

I usually can't get that invested in the first vote outs since I don't know the people, and even though it was the Favs I still didn't remember most of those women, except for Dawn and Francesca. :lol: But I wish they would all gang up and get rid of that damn Brandon. I c-a-n-n-o-t stand him! I'd rather suffer thru 3 months of Phillip's pink undies that having to listen to Brandon's crap.

5. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

As much as being stuck with Brandon for days on end would annoy the crap out of me, I can see why they wouldn't want to get rid of him just yet. He did pretty well in both challenges and they have to keep as many of the young, fit guys around to match up well with the fan side.

6. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the episode. Fun watching the 10 Favs scrambling post immunity challenge. I knew who they all were - and remembered them all - which shocked me. Love the scrambling!
    Yes the 4 cool kids on the Fans beach - please get voted out. How dumb! Reynold and Eddie are not bad on the eyes, but by the episode they seemed less attractive based on their behavior.
    Marine - annoying!
    So glad the show is back - and Amazing Race starts on Sunday. Will help ease the end of Downton!

7. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Phillip is the Undercover Brother. That's why he can't be voted off.

8. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

Dislike the cool kids - just because. Love it that the fans won the immunity.

9. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Just watched the premiere -- loving it so far :) The quality of the show seems to have been uplifted a bit since the Redemption Islands/One World seasons. This season started off right where Philippines left off -- on a great note.

Loved the :rofl: clusterfeck of the favorites with all the scrambling and flip flopping. Foor Franny. :( I do love that Dawn was not even mentioned, I feared coming in that she'd be targeted first for being the eldest woman, but it seems like everybody wanted her to be on their side. Surprised to not see Erik and Malcolm in the mix.

As far as the fans go, the only one who's name I can remember is Sherri, and that might be because I was so amused that with every fan that came out, she was shrieking something about each one :lol: "ZOMG it's Russell's nephew!" "AHHHH it's the ice cream scooper kid!"

Naturally, I hate the high school Lunchable alliance. They can be booted at any time, please.

Sadly I ran into spoilers for this season a long time ago and they haven't left my brain. :( I'd very much rather watch not knowing what's going to happen!!!

10. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

Just watched it (unspoiled; amazing how people can indeed do that...) Was chuckling that Franquesctra (TM Phillip) was the first one out, again; get thee to your therapist, pronto! Andrea looked about to poop though. I hope that Malcolm continues to do well in challenges and kinda keeps under the radar in terms of his past experience and strengths so he goes far. Actually enjoyed most of the Faves, and remembered all of them. Don't remember the name of any of the fans yet except Reynold or whatever the sandbag guy was....all the interchangeable barbie dolls, and the marine who was obnoxious and the hillbilly looking dude....maybe they will be more memorable next week.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  11. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Did I read somewhere that this season taped while Malcolm's season was airing, so the Fans really have no clue who he is since they would not have seen his season?

12. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

It taped back-to-back, I believe. Wouldn't that mean it finished before Malcom's season even started on TV?

13. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

^^^I thought so too.
    But why does Malcolm look like he's gained a little bit of weight? Maybe not-so-back-to-back?

14. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

Have you watched Survivor Ponderosa? Those jury members gain the weight back SO FAST. Malcolm probably had a week or few between wrapping his first season and starting the second...plenty of time to pig out and gain back some weight. If he'd had more time between seasons, he probably would have been able to moderate his metabolism more so the weight gain wasn't so apparent.

15. Catherine M

I believe there was a 3 week break between filming of the two seasons so Malcolm had some time to add some weight by eating alot while he was back in California.

Sparks and (deleted member) like this.
  16. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

That makes sense.

17. Fridge_Break

I checked the dates: Philippines wrapped up filming on April 25th, Caramoan began filming May 21st.

18. Catherine M

I think a 3 year old could have found that Idol that Reynold found.

Edited to say, I think Reynold is 3 years old as that was the worst use of an IDOL EVER!!

19. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

That high school alliance = :blah:

20. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Allie, if you're really a Survivor fan and have watched it for years, why would you get into a cuddle alliance? :rolleyes: Dope.

Special Agent Saggy Pants really needs to stop talking to the camera. And Cochran's rock chair/perch is awesome! I want one in my home! :lol:

21. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

I thought almost the exact same thing except for forming a four person "popular kids" alliance when there are six additional people in your tribe. Did she skip out of all her math classes??

22. Catherine M

It really is amazing that a girl that has wanted to play since she was 11 years old would think a cuddle alliance and an alliance of 4 in a tribe of 10 was a good thing. You'd think she was one of those mactors that are cast from time to time that has no clue on how to play the game the way she played it in her 6 days on the beach. Her pre show interviews showed such promise too. I guess the allure of being with the "cool kids" and Reynold's fine ass made her loose all of wits right there on day 1.

Sassafras and (deleted member) like this.
  23. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

LOL

Just glad one of the cool kids went home. I didn't even care which one of them it would be.

24. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

It was rather a dull episode. The worst part was Little Hantz setting up his meltdown. ugh.

25. Fridge_Break

:cheer2: One of the Lunchables went home! Love that Laura brought the HII to the table at tribal council.

Brandon and Phillip are whackjobs.

Still nothing from Erik or Corrinne. Too many people there to devote screentime to everyone's agendas. I do like that the immunity challenge was shoved in the beginning of the episode so we had more time to learn the newbies and their tribe's dynamics a bit since they were the ones going to tribal council.

26. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I haven't watched the first two episodes, and remain unmotivated to watch for the first time in the history of Survivor. Is there anything worth watching this season??

27. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Yes, it is promising for a lot of :revenge: :argue: and :drama:

28. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I just don't think I can take another season of either the Philip show or the Brandon show, and that's all I'm seeing in the commercials, sigh.

29. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

When I read "Little Hantz", I immediately started hearing "Little Lamb" from Gypsy in my head.:lol:

Little Hantz, Little Hantz. You know we don't give a damn.
    Little Hantz, Little Hantz. Just grow up and be a man.

Sparks and (deleted member) like this.
  30. Catherine M

This past episode wasn't too bad concerning Philip & Brandon as the favorites won the immunity challenge so they really weren't shown past the mid-episode mark. It was all Reynold and his stupidity the second half of the show. Plus Laura kicking some ass by noticing his bulging pocket! Good girl!