Survivor Caramoan (Season 26)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Catherine M, Jan 11, 2013.

1. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I misspoke there. I never find it funny. But, I think years ago, he decided it was his 'schtick' and he's still doing it. I thought even Probst looked uncomfortable there.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Moto Guzzi

Moto Guzzi Well-Known Member

Dawn did a good job at TC, and I thought she might get a vote or two. I didn't expect Sherri to get any but I did enjoy watching her come back at Eric and show she had some personality instead of the bland, passive one she showed all season. I didn't get all his anger at her. Even if he hadn't been pulled from the game, there's no guarantee he would have been in the final three. Sherri would have been there no matter what because she wasn't going to get any votes--not unless she suddenly peeled off her face and revealed, not one of the lizard people from V, but Boston Rob in disguise.

How many times must we have Boston Rob foisted on us? I thought he, Rudy, and Malcolm fan girl were a complete waste of time. I would rather have seen more of the current cast, particularly Corinne. I was glad Cochran won.

3. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

Funny, since Probst was the one egging him on, what with the S1 clip of suntan lotion and Hatch's video.

4. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I only flipped back and forth while watching something else, but I too thought the non-jury members got ripped off just because of Brandon - even more so to learn they only found out at the last minute. It was already odd with Brenda not there - it was awkward overall.

And, even though I'm a big Boston Rob fan, I agree that this is the moment for THIS cast, not retreads from the past. If they still think those characters have traction, they should do a one-hour special - top 10 moments in Survivor or something, with a reunion of interesting cast members, chat, etc. Could even get the audience involved - voting on social media etc. If no one thinks that's worthy of a tv special, they could do it online/social media.

Also agree that audience comments (which are so obviously scripted) are pointless, as are twitter captions when they could be using that time to show you faces in the audience. And oddly, as I jumped back and forth, I managed to catch Jeff ask Cochran something he had already addressed, forcing him to basically repeat and answer that was also similar to something he had just said at final TC (filmed last year I know, but we just saw it). Very bad use of precious air time.

The person that impressed me was Andrea - what a great attitude for someone so young. Expected her to fall into the AmEgos I'm young and popular crap, but there's seems to be more to her.

Meh to the spoiler on returning cast members next season. Can't even remember half of them.

Glad Cochran won though - he deserved it, and it's always good to see a true fan of the game who played it with everything he had win.

5. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

On next season's cast spoiler:

Reality Blurred says its Hayden from Big Brother playing with his girlfriend Kat.

The only other thing different on Reality Blurred's list is Rob C is out and Colton is in.

I guess we'll see soon who is getting a chance to play for the second, third, and in Rupert's case FOURTH TIME!

6. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Photo of the pre-jury contestants sitting in the audience.

7. genevieve

Francesca wuzrobbed :drama:

EW has an interview with Cochran, I found this part hilarious and a bit :wall:

I'm relieved to hear that Cochran wasn't taking that idiotic question seriously, and amused/horrified that Jeffy played into the bro-code-ness of it.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/13/john-cochran-survivor-caramoan/

:rofl:

8. Prancer

Prancer Jawwalking Staff Member

Rob C announced yesterday that his wife is pregnant and they are moving to a new apartment and so will be offline for several weeks starting today, which Sucks, at least, is taking as a sure sign that Rob is in and Colton is out.

Rupert? Gag! Not only is he coming back for yet another round, but his tweets all this season have shown him to be even less aware of gameplay than we even thought. He thought Sherri was going to win, for god's sake.

9. genevieve

I finally gave in and saw the alleged cast list
    I'm surprised people are saying they don't know most of these folks - there are only 2 who weren't extremely memorable to me. Gah - Rupert coming back AGAIN?!? :scream: And it's game #3 for Tina, Tyson, and Cesternino (although I loved his game the first time he played). i don't know anyone who's been dying to see Gervase again, but I think the flashback to old seasons last night was in part to help people remember players from waaaaay back. I did notice Gervase got a healthy bit of airtime in that package (food challenge).

Kat :blah:

Colton. NO. Just no. For the love of all that is holy, no. :scream:

And I still hate the format.

10. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

What did Erik say to/about Sherri? Sorry, I must've missed it.

11. genevieve

Erik asked Sherri if she understood why she was taken to the F3, did she know it's because she was a floater. She tried to say it was due to her game play and he just railed at her about how useless she was, he called her a "seashell" (as it, she was just there all the time). It was a surprisingly angry attack, and Sherri ended up cutting him off and telling him there was no point since it was clear he wasn't going to vote for her no matter what, and she told him to sit down.

12. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

I remember all the ex players pretty well too except for Laura.

And After seeing the shirtless pics of Monica's ex-NFL player husband I'm 100% convinced the format was thought of by Probst and company to get Brad on the show. He's totally the alpha male 40's guy that Probst LOVES ala Tom & Terry!! With Hayden, Aras' brother and Brad, the family tribe on paper is going to have the stronger males but we all saw how that went for the fans this past season.

Andy from Reality Blurred seems pretty sure its Colton and his boyfriend not Rob C and his wife on; if you switch out Gervase's nephew for a niece it makes the male/female ratio work out on the family tribe.

But Andy did say in his last post that production does change things up so who knows what's going on with Rob C.

13. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

:rofl:
    I just caught the end of that when Sherri said he wasn't going to vote for her anyway.

14. genevieve

wow, now there's an interview with Erik, and he is both super pissed about the finale and majorly bittercakes about the show.

15. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

Congrats to Cochran. He played a beautiful game, and killed it on challenges. And fully deserved to get all the votes. Unlike some, I thought he did a beautiful job in the Final Tribal. I am a bit surprised that Dawn didn't get any votes, this is one time where the behavior of the castaway was really held against them. Sounds like the incessant crying must have been really annoying.

And for god's sake, can we at least go one season without a Mariano sighting????

16. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

They look thrilled.

So was Brandon actually there, ready to go, and then they told him no way you are not participating? Or was he not even in the studio? While I can understand not wasting their short amount of air time on the players who didn't even make the Jury, they could at least let them sit on the stage.

17. genevieve

They decided a couple of days beforehand that Brandon would not be allowed at the finale. It was the other pre-jury players who were only told about not getting to sit on the stage right before the show.

I still can't believe after 5 seasons of Hantzes shoved down our throats they didn't even mention Brandon not being there. Even the most causal of viewers who's at least been watching the finales for the past few years had to be saying "where's that short angry dude with the hat?" (since Russell has plenty to say even when he wasn't part of the season).

18. Prancer

Prancer Jawwalking Staff Member

The interviews are interesting. Dawn said she wasn't expecting the jury to be nearly so angry and bitter; she handled it really well, at least on the surface.

And this:

Cochran: At the merge, the most important vote was the Corinne vote. It wasn’t clear we were going to have the numbers. Andrea was going to talk to Eddie to get him on board, but she was called away for an interview. And it was at a point that we knew we were going to get called away for Tribal Council in the next ten minutes. I was terrified she wouldn’t get to talk to him. So I went to Eddie, not having spoken to him over the previous three days, and introduced myself and told him we were voting for Corinne. Malcolm saw me do this, Malcolm goes right up to Eddie. I see this intense conversation between them. That could’ve blown everything. Had Eddie ratted me out, Malcolm could have played the idol for Corinne and it would’ve been a disaster. That would’ve ruined my game.

I actually LOL when I read that, as Eddie TWICE ruined Malcolm's plans by blabbing, but somehow kept his mouth shut TO Malcolm when he should have said something and managed to ruin the game yet again for The Three AmEgos. Malcolm keeps making digs at Eddie on Twitter and I see why. What a doofus. Not that I wanted any of those three to win (I think a few more doses of televised humiliation would do them all some good), but still. Cochran says that Malcolm and Andrea would never have voted for Eddie if he had made the finals, which is interesting--and probably true, considering that Cochran is good friends with both of them now.

And also LOL that the first thing Cochran intends to buy is a Segway, as he's wanted one for years. And he already has a writing job--he's going to be the Big Brother re-cap writer for EW.

19. genevieve

Cochran really is Scott Evil come to life, isn't he? :lol:

Poor Eddie. What a doof.

20. Maofan7

Maofan7 Member

Posted in error

21. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

So what's his problem? Editing? Having to leave the show? Or just upset he didn't get to the end and pointing his blame at Sherri instead of himself?

22. genevieve

I think all three.

He said by not finishing, he didn't get to show everyone (the other players) his amazing strategy he'd been working, and on tv it looked like he wasn't really doing anything. When asked about how he went after Sherri, he admitted that calling her a seashell was harsh, but felt she needed to know that she had been completely worthless in the game. He did not elaborate on exactly why she "needed" to know this.

He was also asked if he would play again (I think in an "I take it you're done with the show" kind of way) and he said he would definitely play again, but expects that he won't get asked, because he doesn't fit the type of player the show is now looking for. He's got a point, but......bittercakes! (also, the fact that he just very publicly attacked the reunion could inform the producers' disinclination to invite him back...just sayin')

23. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

Then Erik shouldn't have left the game, he should have instisted he can continue. He shouldn't be bitter about a choice he made.

24. genevieve

the doctor did not give him any choice. we all heard that quite clearly on the show.

25. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Maybe he's mad because he thinks Sherri stole his game. ;)

26. genevieve

27. merrywidow

merrywidow Well-Known Member

So sad for all those Super Stars left out of the reunion telecast. Poor Eric. Such a superb player & we still don't know what his winning strategy would have been. :blah::blah:

28. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Jeff seemed to be trying to keep him from talking at the end.

And :rofl: at the pre jury photo - no way are they putting on the 'CBS game face' for that shot.

I see Erik's point in his post show comments (over on ew.com) - they spent time with Rudy, Hatch, Boston Rob (AGAIN) and braces girl, but we don't find out that he had an infected cut on his leg when he was pulled? I was happy to not hear from a lot of the post jury boots (like Shemar), but a question to #5 would have been nice.

29. zaphyre14

zaphyre14 Well-Known Member

Sherrie seemed so smug to me in her refusal to accept that she was basically a placeholder in the final three that I didn't mind the venom spewed at her. I just thought the guys were trying to wake her up and make her see that she'd been used. I thought her shouting "Sit down!" was just rude. I didn't care for the Boston Rob, Rudi and Fangirl pieces - they wasted time that could have been spent in discussions with the cast but I honestly didn't notice the lack of the non-jury members, simply because I didn't think any of them were all that memorable as characters in the first place.

I'm happy that Cochran won and happy that Malcolm won the fan favorite. One was super smart and played the game with strategy and without being obnoxious about it - and the other one was eye candy. :)

30. genevieve

Yes, but Rudy was just playing the role CBS gave him - the "lovable Archie Bunker" (not my opinion of him, in case anyone thinks that's even a possibility). There was absolutely zero chance he wasn't going to go there after the set up they gave him, so Jeff has himself, as an exec producer, to blame.

What I do find interesting about trotting Rudy and his queer-baiting out is just how much society has changed in the 13 years since S1. Quite frankly, Rudy's commentary in S1 reflected the opinion of a lot of people at that time, and in some ways, his friendship/alliance with Richard was somewhat representative of a turning of the tide, societally. Now? No way someone playing Survivor today would get away with the language he used then. We've moved on, thankfully. but in some ways I can't blame Rudy for playing the role he was given, just as Erik will always be an ice cream scooper even though he hasn't held that job in years. In fact, he didn't look comfortable saying it. but that's what he's known for, and that's the only reason he was given valuable airtime that should have gone to one of the current players.