Super Bowl or Super Boring?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Satellitegirl, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

2. Civic

Civic New Member

I don't really follow football so I usually don't bother to watch the Super Bowl. I did attend a Super Bowl party around 10 years ago but I spent most of the time eating and gossiping with one of the other girlfriends. Like me she was rather indifferent to the actual game.

3. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

4. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Best thing was watching Rothleisberger lose.

Second best thing was the Bridgestone commercials. The accident prone child one was awesome. :lol: "Where'd you get a hot air balloon?" :lol: Also loved the "Karma" spot with the beaver and the car and the bridge.

Was a good game in the second half. First half was enjoyable too. :D

5. BrokenAnkle

BrokenAnkle Active Member

Well, I am really happy the Packers won. They were ahead the whole game, but the outcome was in doubt even up to the last 2 minutes.

I am so impressed with the Packers who have been interviewed. Really seem to understand the concept of teamwork.

And I am thrilled that Rosthesberger lost.

meggonzo and (deleted member) like this.
  6. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

I thought the game got pretty good at the end when the Steelers had a chance to win, but I'm glad Green Bay held on. Aaron Rodgers now has the same number of Superbowls as Brett Favre. Too bad that Charles Woodson got injured though, I'm a big fan of his.

Halftime was horrible which is par for the course for the last few years. Prince was the last good one.

7. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

Football is boring (unless the Saints are playing and winning and even then, only the last minute). It needs sequins, Carmen, and a mutilated instrumental version of Michael Jackson.

8. stanhope

stanhope Active Member

9. ryanbfan

ryanbfan New Member

:cheer2: Packers!!!
    :cheer2: Ryan Bradley!!

I didn't think I'd catch a break from the Sport Gods after the Rangers lost the World Series. 2 in a row win wise though!

10. Tessa

Tessa New Member

and gossip. :40beers: Well 40 and shots. I did see Alissa! I was so psyched. I mean I barely watched the TV. I was like, "Yay Alissa" and everyone else was "What?" Now I'm like "What" and I'm going to bed.

11. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

The Steelers gave away 21 points and yet still almost won the game. I like the Jets but they wouldn't have won this either.

Me too! Lazy ad execs!

American football is way too physical, what with all those tackles. Most players get hit a LOT. It really does take a week to physically recover from each game. Whereas in baseball, most pitchers don't pitch more than twice in a week anyway, and the rest of the players are mostly standing around scratching their privates, chewing tobacco and spitting :p

12. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Happy for the Pack. I don't like Roesthlisberger but I do like Tomlin so I hate to see him and the other Steelers players lose. But it's good that the Lombardi trophy is getting spread around among the various teams.

13. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Audi usually has great commercials, here's one from last year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3zSL-OyJEw

My favorite are the BMW people. :lol:

14. 4rkidz

4rkidz GPF Barcelona here I come

well for our household was a great football day.. first Liverpool beating Chelsea and then this evening the Packers winning.. I must say I really enjoyed both games and if all American football games were as exciting as this one I would likely be more of a fan.. :)

15. meggonzo

meggonzo Well-Known Member

I think that is the same music that Gregory & Pethukov used in 2007 and in the Fallen Angels program with Johnny.

I thought the game was anything but boring! I thought I was going to have a heart attack or soil myself several times.

I liked the Stella commercial with Adrien Brody. :grope:

16. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

Liked the Grizzley bear commercial from McDonalds and was incredibly disappointed in the Budweizer Clydesdale commercial (western with Tiny Dancer).

17. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

18. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

I think I finally figured it - Handel's Messiah?

19. Prancer

Prancer The "specialness" that is Staff Member

20. Rhianna

Rhianna ...Her?

It is.

21. susan6

susan6 Well-Known Member

I'm not that into football so I didn't have a team to really back in this game....I do like iron and carbon, so I would root for the Steelers....but as a woman I had to root for the non-rapey team. So, yay, and congrats Packers!

Volkswagon had a good superbowl. I liked the beetle commercial, and I LOVED the commercial with the kid dressed as Darth Vader.

BMW and Mercedes ("has anyone seem my silver Mercedes?") also had a good set of commercials. All in all....German automakers FTW.

Eminem had a couple of good commercials but I do have to wonder why....did his last album really do that great to get him so many endorsements? I understand the Detroit/Chrystler tie, but the soda one?

22. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Happy for the Pack. My favorite ads were the Darth Vader Passat and the Bridgestone karma.

23. modern_muslimah

modern_muslimah Thinking of witty user title and coming up blank

Congrats to the Pack! I'm happy they won and so happy Pittsburgh and Rottle...however you spell his name-lost.

I thought the House commercial was funny. My sister and I were cracking up. I have to admit I like the cat in the e-trade commercial.

24. NeilJLeonard

NeilJLeonard Well-Known Member

Pitt made a decent game of it, but I'd have liked it more if the Packers hadn't led for 90% of the game. Still, the better team won. My congrats to the Pack.

NJL

25. duane

duane New Member

Actually, the game should have been a blowout. The Packers' receivers dropped SO many balls that would have resulted in touchdowns. I was actually preparing myself for a Packers' loss--but am glad they squeaked out the win!

26. deltask8er

deltask8er Well-Known Member