Sunday 12/12 NBC broadcast of GP Final (noon-2 pm ET)

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by Sylvia, Dec 12, 2010.

1. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Well-Known Member

ITA!

2. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Alka Seltzer boy is creepy.

Sorry to hear that Rachael's miserable FS was shown in full, while D/W's FD was shown only in part. Oh, NBC, you know nothing.

3. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Yeah, Murakami is going to have trouble with those jumps in the future with the swingy entries and high-kicking picking leg. . . NOW would be a good time to fix these things! She has a weird tendency to sort of bounce around while stroking into a jump, too.

4. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Call me a softie, but I never get tired of those "She doesn't realize it yet . . . NOW she does!" moments. :)

JamieElena and (deleted member) like this.
  5. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Me too. I thought it was so cute.

I really enjoy Carolina's skating in this program. Very mature and elegant and beautiful. Much less frantic and coltish than in the past.

6. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Heh, me too, Wyliefan. There are skaters whose skating I really dislike but the "WOW, [surprise] I did well" reactions are always enjoyable.

Really love this program for Carolina. It's like it forces her to slow down and make the most of every movement and/or really invest them with meaning. Agree with the poster who said that the colors on this dress need to be more intense. They're pretty but the do tend to disappear on the ice.

Love how Alissa's dress sort of says "water" and a lot of the music sounds like water flowing.

7. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

I think this is a great program for Alissa. But there is something insanely calming about this music. Like every time it comes on, I feel a sudden intense urge to fall asleep right then and there. It makes it really hard for me to watch Alissa skate.

8. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Awww, headcase hug! Nice sportsmanship from Carolina.

9. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

YAY for two "old ladies" coming 1-2 in the comp :)

10. MR-FAN

MR-FAN Kostner Softie

That was soooo cute!! :swoon:

11. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

Mao used to do that, too. It's cute when they're young!

If not doing a flip and a lutz is what it takes for Kostner to skate like that, I'll take it!

I wonder if the posters complaining about her lack of content are the same ones complaining about how Chan's PCS go up when he lands quads. Hmmm...:) But even if you don't have high level jumps, you can still score a lot of points! And why not :)

12. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

:mad:

DARN IT! Just found this thread 23 minutes after the show ended. Now I have to wait until boxing day to see it on CBC...

:wuzrobbed:

13. Skate Talker

Skate Talker Well-Known Member

Absolutely and in fact this is the first time I have actually enjoyed her skating and haven't been upset or :confused: by the judges high marks for what always looked to me like a demolition derby for one. :lol:

(Hey I think I might trademark that one - DDFO for when there is lots of speed and energy but no control and lots of crashes.)

14. Meredith

Meredith what a glorious day!

It looks as though the GPF will be aired in Vancouver next Saturday.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76448

15. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I still can't believe that D/W won the gold medal and NBC couldn't find 5 minutes to show their complete FD??? How many men did they show and we didn't have an American in the final? Couldn't they have chacked 1?

Idiots at NBC. :duh:

16. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

My DVR didn't record it :( :( :(

My old one used to let me set key words- and it would tape anything related, but this one won't do that, so for figure skating I have to set each thing individually, and I must have missed this one when I went through and did the whole series. SO SAD.