Summer Flu: Anyone else have it?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by chipso1, Aug 17, 2010.

1. chipso1

chipso1 Well-Known Member

I've been beaten down pretty badly for the past few days with the flu. Not fun, especially in the summer! :( The good news is that I *think* (hope) my fever broke last night, so hopefully things will just get better from here.

I've know of some other people who are currently sick, too. Anyone on here?

2. algonquin

algonquin Well-Known Member

I am coming down with a cold and feel yucky. Summer colds are cruel.

3. chipso1

That's how mine started Thursday night...just feeling like a cold. The flu symptoms (chills, body aches, vomiting, fever) didn't kick in until Friday night. :(

Wishing you the best!!

4. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Not right now, but did earlier this summer. Hope you both feel better!

5. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

It's going around our office. Those who get it say it's really bad for 4-5 days. I'm trying not to breathe!

6. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I don't think I had the flu but instead a bad sinus infection. It might as well have been the flu, is there much of a difference when you are that sick? It does suck but I can finally breathe again! Hang in there and feel better!

7. iloveemoticons

iloveemoticons Well-Known Member

I got sick two weeks ago, and I never get sick over the summer, so I think there's definitely something going around this year. Hope everyone feels better soon! (And everyone else stays not sick!)

8. walei

walei Well-Known Member

I had the summer flu last week and it sucked. I drank soooooooo much water it started to taste slippery and disgusting... I had to bring a bottle of honey with me everywhere I go to make the water a little more tolerable. I'm a heavy water drinker usually but never did I have this reversion to water :(

Still, drink a lot and hope you feel better very soon!

9. Icetalavista

Icetalavista Active Member

I had a lingering thing for 3 weeks in which I felt sort of ok during the day but coughed like crazy after having laid down for several hours. Then I got such a sore throat I got a strep culture, which was negative. The doc diagnosed bronchitis and sinusitis, prescribed antibiotics, and I felt better immediately. I'm not alone - others in my area (Twin Cities) had similar stuff going on.

10. chipso1

Well my flu symptoms are gone, but now I contracted pneumonia sometime this week. :( At least I'm on antibiotics for it, and am starting to feel a little better. But man, that was a horrible 1-2 punch for a while, there.

Icetalavista: I'm in the Twin Cities, too, and I know of others with pneumonia and bronchitis junk going on now also. Not fun. :(

oleada and (deleted member) like this.
  11. NeilJLeonard

NeilJLeonard Well-Known Member

Not yet....;)

NJL

12. Kaffeine

Kaffeine Well-Known Member

Not sure what I have but I've had an on-off fever for 3 days, the peak was a a little over 102 fever. Not much sneezing or coughing but a lot of aches and a sore throat.

Feel better everyone...

13. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Have a scratchy throat and stuffy head....and feel tired. Not the flu, but definitely a cold or allergies(although I don't usually have allergies like this so I'm guessing it's more of a cold due to me just recently flying)

14. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

double post -- sorry

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  15. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread. I've had this coughing/hacking up phlegm thing for about three weeks now (I know, sexy). No cold or flu symptoms, or fever--just this constant coughing crap and feeling a little tired.

I can feel I'm getting better, but still not 100%. (My boyfriend isn't particular happy about it, either...) I've been flying a lot lately, too. I'm pretty sure it started from that. I've found that taking a spoonful of honey every few hours helps a lot.

Let's all get better--sooner than later!!