Suicide TAR III: 'Finished' - 2 Snuffs up for rfisher, timing, & The Village Idiot

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Beefcake, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Suicide Amazing Race III: Unfinished Snuffings

The Amazing Race returns [tonight] ... and with it we'll do the Suicide game versus Deviations. SARIII will begin at the end of the first TAR18 episode, and run through the season ... or 'til whenever it is that the last participant has dropped.

SUICIDE AMAZING RACE IN A NUTSHELL: Each week, each surviving Suicide contestant will submit his/her choice of one TAR team he/she feels will survive the next episode's leg. If your pick survives to the next week, so do you! If your pick gets the boot, well, read the RULES because you may squeak by anyway. :D

Before reading the RULES, know that this will seem more complicated than it is. It's really, really simple. But I've got to put the rules in writing, a FAQs of sorts, to answer likely of questions. Refer to Suicide Amazing Race II thread for insight as to how that game played out.

RULES:

1. During the week leading to TAR18 episode 2, 2/27, anyone wanting to participate in this game will submit - on this thread - the name of a TAR team they feel will survive the upcoming week's episode. Sample weekly submission: WEEK 1: Jet & Cord. That's it.

2. Submission must be prior to the start of the upcoming episode's first showing (i.e. Eastern Time)

3. If your pick/team survives the episode, you also survive in Suicide TAR III with nary a care.

4. If your pick/team is eliminated, there are two things that might happen.

4A. You will be "resuscitated" once during the season. Each participant will, if needed, be revived the first time that their pick is snuffed. Minor drawback here is that resuscitation is a negative tiebreaker for placement later on.

4B. If you've been resuscitated once already, if any of your subsequent picks is snuffed, so are you.

5. If you forget to submit your week's pick before the deadline, you will be (ref 4a) be charged your resuscitation or (ref 4B) be snuffed out.

6. Important: You may use each team only ONE time for the duration of TAR18/this game. Ergo, your strategy may be to pick a team you perceive as weaker (but not "weakest"!) each week. Or your strategy may be to play it safe, make sure you progress into the next week. None of the above worked for most of us last time, unfortunately.

7. The game will end either after the final episode (there "can" be ties, even for 1st) or when the last of you is knocked out via "suicide". Note: If you make it to the finale, you will be picking the "TAR18 winner" -- from your remaining cache of teams. If you're out of picks by then, well oops!

8. ABOUT NO PICKS: You may use the pick "no pick" once during the game. This is treated the same as if you'd forgotten to make a pick (ref 5).

9. NEW RULE! Or more accurately -- NEW OPPORTUNITY! There will be a "Ghost Hunt" this season, wherein any formerly snuffed players may compete to get back into the game. The Ghost Hunt itself will be later in the game (likely when four teams are left racing), and will be preceded with a post exclaiming "Ghost Hunt!".

However, the preparations begin for each person immediately after their initial snuffing.

9a. Players who have been snuffed (i.e. two wrong picks) are eligible, but they must do two things: 1. Continue to submit weekly picks even after their snuffing AND avoid being double snuffed (once you've chosen your third eliminated team, you're out of the game entirely). 2. After the Ghost Hunt! posting by me, submit both the standard weekly pick, AND prediction of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers for the week.

The ghost who comes the closest to the actual top 3 finishers (deviations) that week is back in the game with "status: resuscitated". Wrinkle: If they achieve the above "but" have chosen the eliminated team as their weekly pick ... they will "not" return to the game -- in this scenario, the next best would become the returning ghost.

Snuffed players will submit picks that week, but their picks will be guessing the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers for the week. The ONE (+ ties) who comes the closest to the actual top 3 finishers (deviations) that week is back in the game with "status: resuscitated".

Finally, my usual warning: Anyone who is discovered to be playing game despite having been spoiled will be forced to serve as Charlie Sheen's publicist for six weeks.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2011
  2. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Do we get a prize for being the first eliminated? :saint:

3. Prancer

Prancer Dysteleological Staff Member

Just quoting this to make sure I remember it and don't pick the team I think is strongest for the first week the way I did last time :lol:.

4. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:rofl: Love it!!!

Thanks for running this again Beefcake!

Did I come in dead last in the latest Suicide edition? (no pun intended) I assume that's what the hugs were for in the first post. I think I blocked it out...

5. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Back off, bint. That's my prize.

6. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I don't know, some of have a history with the Suicide version. :scream:

7. PrincessLeppard

Yeah, I was like third out last time. I ran out of teams. :shuffle:

8. PrincessLeppard

I'll dive in. While it is usually safe to pick the team struggling in the preview, I think I got burned with that last time.

So for my first pick, I'm going with the redheads, Cara and whatserface.

9. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

This sounds fun!

10. mysticchic

mysticchic Well-Known Member

Just found this and missed the deadline. It's a 2 parter so does that mean we can play still until the start of next week? Does it make any difference if I forgot to pay attention to this weeks (except the sailing part)?

11. PrincessLeppard

The game hasn't started yet. We got a free week! Join in!

12. Lilia A

Lilia A Well-Known Member

I have no idea who to pick, none of the teams annoyed me that much. I'll just have to go with a team who annoyed me in their respective season.
    Even though the preview suggests that they might be in danger I'm going to pick Mel and Mike, precisely because the preview suggests that they might be in danger (yeah, right!).

13. Prancer

Prancer Dysteleological Staff Member

Yikes, so many possible elims next time. Mel and Mike falling apart, Amanda and Kris having a detour, the Cowboys way out of it.....although that usually means that the eliminated pair will be someone else.

I'm gonna go with Mel and Mike because I don't think they will last long, but the previews make me think they make it through next time.

ETA: I swear I didn't read Lilia's post first :lol:.

14. Lilia A

Lilia A Well-Known Member

:rofl::rofl:

:mitchell:Copycat:drama:

15. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I'm going with Kisha and Jen

16. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Um, I wish I had went ahead and posted earlier, but I didn't want to be the first.

I'm also going with Mike and Mel.

17. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:shuffle: Ghost Hunt! was a half-baked stab at adding a new element. Ain't gonna work!

The returning player(s) would potentially have a full complement of picks left to use, ergo an advantage over the non-ghosts. Sigh, I've removed it from the game. However, after I think this through I may have a solution that will still allow the return of a former snuffee.

18. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Alas, some 10 FSU TAR games later, people are starting to heed the heavens -- always hold your pick until Lilia has made her selection. :lol:

19. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

How convenient for you to suppress such memories! I can emphasize ... it's what I do with all those memories of dating women back in my twenties. :D

But, yeh ... for shits and grins, here were the STAR II results
    (SCG and Lilia rocked the joint! and The Widow, who claimed to hate Suicide TAR, didn't do too badly either)

20. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

I'm also going to go ahead and choose Mel and Mike for week one. I think they will make it through this week, but they won't advance very far after that.

21. love skating

love skating Clueless American

If there are two elimations next week - which I suspect it might be (e.g. Cowboys gone in the beginning and then someone else at the end of the episode) - how will that affect our choices?

I was thinking of going with Mel and Mike as the red herring choice, but I've been burned by red herrings before.

So I pick Ron and Christina for next week.

22. rfisher

I'll just go with the flow and pick Mel and Mike. I don't know them as they were before I started watching. But, they seem as good as anybody. I'm taking the Globetrotter way out. :slinkaway:

23. tchaikovsky_177

tchaikovsky_177 New Member

I am picking Mel and Mike.

24. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I'm also going with Mel and Mike. I did read Lilia A's post (and everyone else's, obviously) but I swear I decided on them last night for the same reasons you both posted.

And I guess I didn't participate in the last STAR? :wuzrobbed:

oh well, pretty sure I'd have been somewhere at the bottom :lol:

25. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Week 1: Kent & Vyxsin

26. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Since I have never played this game before and ...
    since I suck at games ...
    and predictions
    I would like to ask that last place please be reserved for me. Please???

So my prediction for week #1 is Mel & Mike since that seems to be the general concensus at this time (and I haven't taken a look at who else is competing but I do remember a couple of teams).

27. PrincessLeppard

I'm gonna :rofl: and :p if the previews turn out to NOT be a red herring. :EVILLE:

28. rfisher

Well, that one couple still has to do the U-turn. The Cowboys can't go home first. They just can't. :drama:

29. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

For the 2/27 episode, I'm going with Margie & Luke

30. merrywidow

merrywidow Well-Known Member

I predict that the Cowboys will win this go round!:D I'm choosing Amanda & Kris as the 1st to be eliminated. Logic tells me so.