Student Gets C Grade, Sues University for $1.3 Million

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by overedge, Feb 19, 2013.

1. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

2. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

^^ :lol: And the grade stands. Maybe she needed to rethink her career, or think outside the box re trying to ace interviews to land the job she desires.

I have a friend who taught undergraduate students as a Ph.D. teaching assistant. She told me how some university students today can be quite aggressive and demanding about why they weren't given a better grade. Not the best approach to take. And also, if someone happens to be in a graduate program where they feel certain professors have a vendetta against them, it's best to research the background of professors at other universities where they might find someone more amenable to their ideas in particular subject areas. And then they could try to transfer, even though it can be a lot of trouble to do that. In fact, that is what my same friend ended up having to do, and it worked out for her.

OTOH, if a person is just not very good at excelling in the program of study they've chosen, suing the university will get them nowhere. It might win them notoriety but not necessarily a good job in their field.