Stolbova and Klimov Thread

julieann

Fans also do exaggerate and use those terms for fun, and even out of love sometimes. Wagner also get's the "Sassy Diva" adjective but perhaps she's not really like this in real life and most probably she isn't a diva at all. I don't remember Anissina gaving a "bitch face" in competition to Gwendal, only smiles, or Oksana to Platov and yet reports were that they couldn't stand each other. So, the fact remains that unless we know skaters personally, we cannot judge them as people based on how they react for a minute after a competition&KC. The fact that Fedor is more discreet&calm doesn't make him a better person, and viceversa. We know almost nothing about them as people, out of ice. With fans she is absolutely adorable and that's all I can speak for certain. Fedor apparently isn't suffering so much since he's still in partnership with her. I don't care about the rest really because I'm not interested or invested in their lives. So I don't really get the "putting the head in the sand" reference. I hope you do understand how ridiculous that sounds.

It doesn't sound ridiculous at all, and if you think so, that's fine. That's why we all have different opinions. If you don't like what you read on a public forum about a particular skater, scroll past it or hit ignore. That's your prerogative. You may not see things other see but it doesn't mean anyone's opinions are less valid or flat out wrong because you (or anyone) doesn't like it.

I didn't paste the comments that were snarky or sarcastic. Maybe you need to know them personally to form an opinion on someone's good or bad attitude, the ones who have commented ad nauseam do not. Comments are based on what some fans see on the ice and in the K&C if some fans don't see it, that's fine too.

I hope they don't push the quad because they feel they need it since obviously they don't, I'd hate to see her injured over it.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
TAHbKA just translated a new interview with S/K in the latest Russian Thread in GSD :cheer2:
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ind...-klimov-we-received-a-kick-and-woke-up.97289/

Andrey Simonenko's interview with Ksenia Stolbova/Fedor Klimov `We received a kick and woke up' for sovsrpot.ru (please click the original link for the paper's counter)

AS: Are you satisfied with the result?
FK: Yes, very
KS: Of course we are. When was the last time we had a clean skate? Last season? It've been a year. We overcame. Made our team and viewers happy. When we saw a standing ovation, happy Nina Mikhailovna and Vlad Zhovnirski - it was cool.
They're happy because they had a clean skate. They're happy that their coaches were happy. They're happy that the people in the rink were happy.

Love it!

Last edited:

Amantide

It doesn't sound ridiculous at all, and if you think so, that's fine. That's why we all have different opinions. If you don't like what you read on a public forum about a particular skater, scroll past it or hit ignore. That's your prerogative. You may not see things other see but it doesn't mean anyone's opinions are less valid or flat out wrong because you (or anyone) doesn't like it. I didn't paste the comments that were snarky or sarcastic. Maybe you need to know them personally to form an opinion on someone's good or bad attitude, the ones who have commented ad nauseam do not. Comments are based on what some fans see on the ice and in the K&C if some fans don't see it, that's fine too.

Saying that we're "putting the head in the sand" it is ridiculous (don't take it as a personal offense because it doesn't want to be) because I'm not saying: oh she is such a sweet person. The best" etc.etc. As I said, she can be the worse, for all I know, and so can he. I can understand having an impression or that you do not like something in that particular moment. I have those as well for some skaters, but to form an opinion and judge skaters as people, in their real life, based on a minute you see them on camera in competition it is plain wrong. It's superficial at best.

I tell you something, which funny enough was written some hours ago in FS italian group on FB. Two of the girls who go every summer for a week to see Mozer's summer camp in Italy had only good words to say about her and one of them also added the following: "Well, after two years going there we have become known. I've never bothered skaters but since they know our faces by know, one day I greeted Fedor and he didn't even bother to greet me back. Ksenia not only was greeting us everyday but she came and talk to us. Ask about our names and what we do and the next day she also came with signed pictures of hers and Fedor together for us."

Why I'm telling this? Not to bring down Fedor. Far from it and my personal experience with him at TEB was great. She was clearly disappointed a bit with him but maybe he simple wasn't in the mood that day, or he didn't even notice them because his mind was somewhere else. It happens. We all have our bad days but it just shows how wrong it is to form an opinion on people you don't even know, based on few moments.

As for you suggestion to "ignore" comments like that, I don't want to ignore them even in their fan fest. There are a lot of topics where people can bash them or make snarky comments - and indeed they do that - but those comments are out of place in this topic. It is a public forum but this is also a "fan fest" and it is supposed to be a place where fans of a certain skater/pair/couple come together to discuss their favorite. To cheer them, be positive about them and even criticise, if necessary. We obviously do feel frustrated when our favorites don't do well so we also rant. Constructive criticism though, not snarky comments or be mean, openly or subtle that might be.

I hope they don't push the quad because they feel they need it since obviously they don't, I'd hate to see her injured over it.

Well, they didn't needed here but who knows at worlds. There were some good/big Pairs missing here so it will be another matter there but I do agree not to push it, just for the sake of it. It was really painful for me to see the two chinese Pairs at the GPF because of it. Only if they feel they need it and feel sure enough about the element. Judging by what Fedor said on the interview though I don't think they're gonna risk if not ready.

"But let me reassure you we are not going to chase the quad. We will not integrate it into our programmes till it's 100% ready."

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I watched their GPF LP for the 3rd or 4th time. This is clearly the best pairs program in the last few years. Their execution was fabulous. It is difficult because everything has to match the note. One mistake the whole program may fall apart (or close to it). I hope they skate like this rest of the way. Their plans to add a quad throw worries me a bit. I hope it will be their second throw, so even if they miss it, it won't ruin the entire performance.

Japanfan

Thank God they won the GPF!! The Canadians on top of any podium is not a good look for pairs skating.

I'm sure you know that the top podium isn't a position granted because of how a pair looks? Though I fail to see anything wrong with how D&R looked on the top of the podium. They looked like World Champions, which is exactly what they were.

Were they to hang their heads in shame instead?

judgejudy27

What a great moment to see Stolbova & Klimov back on top after a rough last season. I was excited by their surprisingly fast breakout rise in the 2013-2014 season and sad to see them struggle last year. Now they look like they have regained their mojo and pehraps even better than before. Hope these are your 2016 World Champions and if they skate like the GPF they almost certainly will be.

arakwafan2006

With regards to this team and the quad, I am hoping that they do it but that they wait until it's READY! So many teams today are trying that move whether it's the twist or throw and I close my eyes. I think that the throw quad in pairs is a bit like the quad in mens singles years ago. Necessary but marring the overall program. These two have mastered skating and when they execute a move well, it's like dynamite .

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Terrible timing to get sick. I hope he will be strong enough for the Europeans.

Sasha is DIVINE

I'm sure you know that the top podium isn't a position granted because of how a pair looks? Though I fail to see anything wrong with how D&R looked on the top of the podium. They looked like World Champions, which is exactly what they were.

Were they to hang their heads in shame instead?

"Not a good look" is an expression. I don't mean how they physically look LOL. It just means I don't care for D&R and prefer other teams to succeed.

zebraswan

Well, they've always said that they wouldn't put it in unless it was stable, so maybe it is...? If they just resumed training today then it makes me nervous, but they have had a lot of time to work on it already. They seem like such perfectionists that I don't think they would risk it if they weren't very confident.

ioana

Mozer says that Fedor feels alright. He caught a bit of cold but overall everything's okay now. Training sessions were resumed at 4th of January. She says that they pay special attention to the quad throw and they plan to execute it at the European Championships.

I didn't see any mention of which throw that would be in the article. Salchow, presumably? No hints on their respective instagrams, either :drama:

Amantide

Europeans will be exciting with the 2 Russians meeting Savchenko & Massot who will be at Europeans right?

Yes. :)

I didn't see any mention of which throw that would be in the article. Salchow, presumably? No hints on their respective instagrams, either :drama:

Yes, I think it's the Salchow. I'm wondering if they go for the quad are they going to change the order of the throws? First the 4S and then the 3F?

ioana

Yes, I think it's the Salchow. I'm wondering if they go for the quad are they going to change the order of the throws? First the 4S and then the 3F?

I hope they change the order of throws. Going for the quad after both SBS jump elements and past the halfway point would be overly ambitious at best. Moser is very good at strategizing these things, so am sure she has things figured out.

Amantide

Someone posted on GS that Mozer did an interview and said that Ksenia and Fedor will attempt throw 3Axel at Euros. :eek:

Anyone knows about this? Any link?

levineismine

I believed in Hubbell&Donohue before it was cool
I saw them live at Art On Ice and all I have to say is: :smokin:

They still aren't doing twists, but definitely landed some gorgeous throw triples.
They skated to their SP and to 'price tags' by Jesse J (the live act of AOI). Ksenia was totally owning 'price tags' , lots of sassy moves and she was singing as well. Glad to see them enjoying it! She's been posting a lot on social media from the shows.

Here are a couple of pictures that I took
https://twitter.com/fs_evolution/status/696809166569136128

zebraswan

Her dancing looked amazing in the finale, too. I think she once said (on her now-deleted ask.fm page) she would be interested in doing DWTS someday, & I would love to see it happen. Hope she had a nice birthday celebration yesterday.

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting from the Russian news thread in GSD:
Stolbova/Klimov are back on the ice today, preparing for the Worlds: http://m.rsport.ru/figure_skating/20160229/899426640.html
Mozer says that Fedor sustained a spinal nerve injury, but now he's better, they resumed training (still don't practice the twist), but whether or not they are going to perform at the World championships will be clear at the very last moment (they are definitely going to fly out to the U.S. though).

Lovemyvike

UGHHHHHHH! That doesn't sound too optimistic. I hope he's starting to feel better. Hopefully they got to the main cause of all the pain. Poor guy.

Xela M

They are really unlucky with injuries! If it's not her, it's him :(

I still can't understand their decision to WD from Worlds last year.....

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
They are really unlucky with injuries! If it's not her, it's him :(

I still can't understand their decision to WD from Worlds last year.....

Only they and their coach must understand that strange decision. If they knew the future, I doubt that they would have withdrawn. Anyway, it's water under the bridge. If they have to WD from worlds this year, they will still have two years to reestablish themselves, plus they will be the reigning Olympic silver medallists in 2018. All this, assuming that Klimov's injury gets the right diagnosis and the right treatment. Their long term goals are still for 2018 and beyond, I am sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information