Stolbova and Klimov Thread

Amantide

Soooooo good to see these two back in such a good form. That was fantastic to watch. I'm in awe with their quality of skating, speed and attitude. So hot and at the same time a lot of style.

LOL with Fedor's reaction in the end. Like yeah cool not a big deal though. I'm off and gonna have a beer now. :rofl: I know it's not everybody's cup of tea but I love their partnership precisely because they are so different and yet somehow they match so well. :swoon:

Amantide

Not a perfect free but they are definitely back in form. The free obviously needs a bit more time but this is a FANTASTIC program. I love it and I love watching them.
I don't care about the quad, for now at least;), as long as they skate clean and with this power, speed and attitude. :respec:

Last edited:

zebraswan

Sooooo much better than SkAm! That SP is fierce af.

I'm a little annoyed that I didn't get to see them skate like that at SA, but I'm just glad they got their mojo back. That song is so overused this season, but their version blows everyone else's away.

They look pretty happy in all the photos and videos together too...where are the body language experts now who claimed they hate each other, are breaking up, etc.?

Amantide

This deserves a second look -or ~fourth/fifth if you happen to be like me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H53-mfM0ea4

What I love about this piece is that it's intense,mysterious,haunting and torbit. The whole thing together with the music it's like a net that enmeshes you.

Morozov at his best as I haven't seen him in a loooooong time. I would love if they can manage to work a bit with Sergei Polunin on the choreo, as they intended to.

jiejie

What I love about this piece is that it's intense,mysterious,haunting and torbit. The whole thing together with the music it's like a net that enmeshes you.
Agree. I really really like this unusual music and it works very well for them. I'd add "deliciously malevolent" to the adjectives above. Can't think of another couple that could do this equal justice. A well deserved COR win, and I say that as an ardent Kavaguti/Smirnov fan (sentimental favorites) who loves the Manfred program.

Lovemyvike

I love the LP more and more each time I watch it. Haven't seen another program where Klimov yells the spin changes out so loudly but it totally worked. Spins were almost perfect. Think Stolbova is finally trusting Klimov to lean on more instead of trying to do it all herself.

Amantide

Agree. I really really like this unusual music and it works very well for them. I'd add "deliciously malevolent" to the adjectives above. Can't think of another couple that could do this equal justice. A well deserved COR win, and I say that as an ardent Kavaguti/Smirnov fan (sentimental favorites) who loves the Manfred program.

I agree and "deliciously malevolent" is about right. :cool:

I love the LP more and more each time I watch it. Haven't seen another program where Klimov yells the spin changes out so loudly but it totally worked.

At first I thought it was again their coach calling them but then I realised it was Fedor. :D They were so good and spot on with the music also.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
They are unique in their style, choice of music, costume. They are a high quality pair but they need to skate clean to have any chance of beating those 'quad' pairs. Mistakes on sbs jumps will be costly at worlds.

Amantide

They are unique in their style, choice of music, costume. They are a high quality pair but they need to skate clean to have any chance of beating those 'quad' pairs. Mistakes on sbs jumps will be costly at worlds.

The mistakes were on the new elements so I'm hoping they will be good with time.
Indeed, I'm a bit divided the way I feel about them making the GPF or not. I would love for them to be there but on the other hand maybe it's better not to, so they can have more time to train without pressure for the RN and Euros.

lauravvv

The mistakes were on the new elements so I'm hoping they will be good with time.
Indeed, I'm a bit divided the way I feel about them making the GPF or not. I would love for them to be there but on the other hand maybe it's better not to, so they can have more time to train without pressure for the RN and Euros.
Now there is no way how they would not make the GPF. With Volosozhar/Trankov out they are third in the GP standings right now. And only two pairs can pass them at NHK. The first of course being Duhamel/Radford and the second either Scimeca/Knierim or James/Cipress if one of them wins silver. Yu/Jin will place behind Stolbova/Klimov even with silver (first and fourth place has priority over second and third). If Scimeca/Knierim are second, they will place higher in the standings with two second places, if they are third, they will place lower. The same with James/Cipress. Not even talking about whoever out of those three comes fourth (or probably lower if Iliushechkina/Moscovitch suddenly manage to skate clean in both programs). Which means the lowest Ksenia and Fedor can be in the GP standings is fifth - not even sixth.

Last edited:

Amantide

Now there is no way how they would not make the GPF. With Volosozhar/Trankov out they are third in the GP ranking right now. And only two pairs can pass them at NHK. The first of course being Duhamel/Radford and the second either Scimeca/Knierim or James/Cipress if one of them wins silver. Yu/Jin will place behind Stolbova/Klimov even with silver (first and fourth place has priority over second and third). If Scimeca/Knierim are second, they will place higher in the rankings with two second places, if they are third, they will place lower. The same with James/Cipress. Not even talking about whoever out of those three comes fourth (or probably lower if Iliushechkina/Moscovitch suddenly manage to skate clean in both programs). Which means the lowest Ksenia and Fedor can be in the GP ranking is fifth - not even sixth.

Right, I wasn't thinking of that so I calculated that Yu&Jin had better chances. Oh well, I wish them best luck then. I still think they need more time though. Hoping for the best.

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
A quote from Chekhov's The Seagull for Stolbova:
MEDVEDENKO. Why do you always wear black?

MASHA. I'm in mourning for my life. I'm unhappy.

:)

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I like both programs this year and I think they relate to each other just fine. Not all pairs skating is about sex or even a relationship with each other. They don't do soft. They are hard and more edgy than any other pair team since S/S Pina. Susie doesn't smile a lot (neither do I and I can relate) and who cares. I love them and was thrilled to see that the injuries and boot issues that have plagued them seem to be resolved.

Amantide

Wait, Morozov choreographed their LP?!

It's genius. He still has it. :respec:

Yep, both their programs but I was surprised with the LP as well. It has been since Dai's Swan Lake that I haven't see him doing an original work, and beautifully so.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Now there is no way how they would not make the GPF. With Volosozhar/Trankov out they are third in the GP ranking right now. And only two pairs can pass them at NHK. The first of course being Duhamel/Radford and the second either Scimeca/Knierim or James/Cipress if one of them wins silver. Yu/Jin will place behind Stolbova/Klimov even with silver (first and fourth place has priority over second and third). If Scimeca/Knierim are second, they will place higher in the rankings with two second places, if they are third, they will place lower. The same with James/Cipress. Not even talking about whoever out of those three comes fourth (or probably lower if Iliushechkina/Moscovitch suddenly manage to skate clean in both programs). Which means the lowest Ksenia and Fedor can be in the GP ranking is fifth - not even sixth.

That's good to know.

I think D&R will win NHK. Y&J are more likely to win the silver than Si&Kn. J&C probably at 4. However, I&M could surprise everyone and make the podium. I don't know where Stol Kim will end up in the GPF ranking but a #3 is quite possible for them. At least it is my hope.

Amantide

Seems like she's always wearing black, that's all. In the play The Seagull it's a very funny line (uber-drama, "I'm in mourning for my life!!!!!").

Ah okay. She doesn't really wear black so much though, that's why I didn't get it. She used red, blue, B&W, purple, grey, white, rose (in the gala).

@All: We are preparing cool video for you, guys Stay tuned!
https://www.instagram.com/p/-ekHcyREBW/

lauravvv

I don't know where Stol Kim will end up in the GPF ranking but a #3 is quite possible for them. At least it is my hope.
#4, not #3, because they are already third behind Kavaguti/Smirnov and Sui/Han. After NHK (which Duhamel/Radford will win, as you already wrote) they will be fourth or fifth.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
#4, not #3, because they are already third behind Kavaguti/Smirnov and Sui/Han. After NHK (which Duhamel/Radford will win, as you already wrote) they will be fourth or fifth.

I had forgotten about S&H but didn't they also finish 1st & 2nd in their GPs? They must have higher scores. So Stol-Klim could be #4. It will be tough to beat those quad throw pairs in the GPF.

lauravvv

I had forgotten about S&H but didn't they also finish 1st & 2nd in their GPs? They must have higher scores. So Stol-Klim could be #4. It will be tough to beat those quad throw pairs in the GPF.
I thought so too (about Sui/Han), but then I looked at the official standings on the ISU home page just to be sure and saw that Kavaguti/Smirnov are first, and Sui/Han are second. K/S had really good SP scores (that are now the second tie breaker) both times, and they beat Sui/Han also in the SP in China.
I am not expecting higher than third or fourth in the GPF for S/K, but things can happen. They have to skate clean, though.

Amantide

I thought so too (about Sui/Han), but then I looked at the official standings on the ISU home page just to be sure and saw that Kavaguti/Smirnov are first, and Sui/Han are second. K/S had really good SP scores (that are now the second tie breaker) both times, and they beat Sui/Han also in the SP in China.
I am not expecting higher than third or fourth in the GPF for S/K, but things can happen. They have to skate clean, though.

No KS didn't beat SH in China on the SP. They were 2nd after the SP but they had high scores both in China and Russia after the SP. So having both 1st and 2nd places the tiebreaker is SP scores which puts SH behind KS.
KS SP: 72.45 COC + 71.70 COR = 144,15
SH SP: 68.28 SA +74.40 COC=142,68

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information