Stefania Berton and Ondrej Hotarek

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by pingu, Oct 28, 2013.

1. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

2. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Their skating and connection were exquisite.

3. watchthis!!

watchthis!! Active Member

And who knows, maybe in a matter of months they'll have an Olympic medal! :)

4. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

Yes, Pingu, they reallly deserve a thread of their own! It was a great victory in Skate Canada! I keep my fingers crossed that they will make the GPF. And if V/T are not skating at the Europeans, as they have hinted, there might be a change for Stefania and Ondrej to snatch the silver.

5. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

Thanks for starting a thread about these two. I loved watching Stefania in the Ladies event at the Euro's in '08 & '09, so I was over the moon when she started skating pairs.
    They match very well together & their lifts are fantastic.
    I was so pleased they won Skate Canada.

6. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

I was really happy about their win as well. It was fun to listen to Franca Bianconi telling how they learned about their gold medal.
    Stefania was giving interviews, and Franca had seen that they were in the overall first place. So she was trying to tell Stefi about that, but she was so concentrated on talking with the journalists that she didn't hear anything else. After the millionth time Franca told her "Stefi...you are first!" she looked at her as if she was thinking "What are you talking about? Are you kidding me??" And Franca was like "No, you are first!!" and Stefi was like "Oh...ok! Cool!" :lol:

7. Tottoi

Tottoi New Member

Yesterday Stefania and Ondrej attended the semifinal round of Italia's got talent. They won the home-crowd vote out of their group of six contestants; this earned them a spot in the final, scheduled for next week.

8. reut

reut Active Member

9. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

Yes, it was :)
    There was also a small interview they did before the performance where they talked about how Fiamme Azzurre financially helped them to keep on training, and that they hoped to make their sport more popular with this participation. Uhm they probably said something else, but I don't remember it right now...

10. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

Yesterday evening there was Italia's Got Talent final. Stefi and Ondrej came in third place, performing on this song: Ti Vorrei Sollevare
    Besides their performance, there was a fluff where they told their story, how they started skating, and some pics of them as little kids on the ice were shown...Ondrej as a kid was super cute!!!! :)

11. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

12. semogal

semogal Well-Known Member

Love the interview. Their joy and singing on the podium at Skate Canada was wonderful to behold. So happy for them and wish them the best in this Olympic season.

13. KimGOAT

KimGOAT Active Member

I love them. They have such a positive quality to their skating. I really wish they were going to the Grand Prix final.

14. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

15. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!