Status of US Ice-Dancing off season

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by olympic, May 12, 2011.

1. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

Finally, let's talk about US Ice-Dance off season.

What do Davis / White need to do to hold onto their title against a healthier Virtue / Moir next year?

Where will Samuelson / Bates fit in next year?

Shibutanis rose to the World Bronze Medal? What can they do to get even better? They are limited I think by the fact that they are a brother - sister combo and romantic or passionate programs are off limits.

Do Chock / Zuerlin have the goods to make another world team with all of the above in shape, healthy and ready?

Kriegenkrairut / Giuletti-Schmitt - I really liked this pairing. Can they or the Hubbells make a team?

2. OlieRow

OlieRow Well-Known Member

IMO, in a battle with the Shibutanis for 2nd.

What's going on with the Hubbells? Did they definitely split? If so, what :smokin: guy are we going to pair her with?

3. fans

fans New Member

4. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Madison Hubbell and Keiffer Hubbell Announce End of Partnership - USFS press release just out: http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=46152&type=media

5. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

Ohhh...Hubbell and Donahue really excite me!:D I sure hope it works out for them.

6. SamuraiK

SamuraiK Well-Known Member

Not sure about Donohue, but then again, there were really no other options.. I was hoping for Japaridze now that he's free though..

7. olympic

Oooh. Didn't know about the Hubbells splitting :(. Thankfully, she found a partner quickly

8. BlueRidge

BlueRidge AYS's snark-sponge

I like the idea of Madison and Zach Dononhue. I'm going to look forward to seeing them.

9. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

I'm glad they're training under Camerlengo. :)

10. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

Samuelson & Bates were on the way down even before their injury. They are young enough to get back on track if they find the right pieces of the puzzle, but I cant imagine they will be immediately fighting with the World medalists Shibutanis for 2nd in the U.S.

11. slicekw

slicekw #FixingTheInternet

How do Madison and Donohue look together? Is he bigger than her?

12. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

wtf? :confused:

They had just come off a bronze medal at US Nats (not silver only because B&A were back), a decent finish at the Olympics, and an improved placement at Worlds. Even though they didn't do quite as well on the GP as they did the year before (which could have something to do with the competition at the particular events), how on any planet could anyone describe that as being "on the way down"?

LynnW, Lanna, PeterG and 5 others like this.
  13. BlueRidge

:lol: don't worry no one believes they were on their way down.

I do think they will have a hard time catching the Shibs now though. The injury was needless to say a tough, tough break.

14. OlieRow

It's a tough break, but I think they'll benefit with the choice of SD next season. They'll have a lot more to work with in putting together a great rhumba. It could be awkward for the Shibutanis.

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  15. Mayra

Mayra Well-Known Member

Funny because I think Samuelson/Bates have the same problem that the Shibs have....

They both look like they are skating with their brother/sister. :shuffle: The only benefit is that at least S/B know they aren't related. :slinkaway

16. walei

walei Well-Known Member

I am trying to create a mental image of Shibs doing slutty Latin SD and all I can do is cracking up.

Oh my the new season can't come soon enough!!!

17. Proustable

Proustable New Member

I think the Rhumba would be good for Chock/Zuerlein though. And Lynn/Logan (still can't spell their last names) in terms of chemistry.

18. a56

a56 New Member

The Shibs are the solid #2 US dance team. Come on - World Bronze Medalists! I think Samuelson/Bates will be fighting for the #3 US dance spot with Chock/Zuerlein.

19. hockeyplayer2

hockeyplayer2 Member

According to Icenetwork, Madison is 5'7". Zach is at least 6'2". Keiffer is listed as being 6'0". This should be interesting...

20. newbatgirl

newbatgirl Well-Known Member

Wow, I did not realize Madison was so tall. Looking forward to seeing the new team.

21. BlueRidge

I'm really glad I got to see the Hubbells live in Greensboro. In part because of their height, they were really striking on the ice. They had a great presence. I'm hoping that Madison can bring that to her new partnership.

I think we have an embarassment of riches right now. I think Shibs are clearly #2, but we have three great teams vying for #3. I thought Chock & Zuerlein really came on strong this season. And I was so impressed with Lynn & Logan at Nationals. And of course S&B. Its so much to look forward to.

22. OlieRow

Who would've thought dance would be the deepest (and IMO strongest) discipline for the US? I love it!

23. olympic

I just wish that this embarrassment of riches would transfer over to the other 3 disciplines soon

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  24. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

Well the men are rebuilding so it might take another year or two but they will be back and Pairs well the less said about that the better. The Ladies are perplexing there is so much talent and depth but either they aren't consistent like Mirai or just aren't good enough like Rachael.

25. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

There are currently 9 JGP age-eligible dance teams listed in the International Selection Pool (ISP) -- 2011 Nationals placement is included below (US has 14 JGP slots):

* denotes previous JGP experience

*Alexandra Aldridge & Daniel Eaton (J5)
    *Lauri Bonacorsi & Travis Mager (J2)
    *Danielle Gamelin & Alexander Gamelin (J7)
    Kaitlin Hawayek & Michael Bramante (N3)
    Madeline Heritage & Nathaniel Fast (J8)
    Jessica Mancini & Tyler Brooks (N2)
    Rachel Parsons & Michael Parsons (N1)
    Elliana Pogrebinsky & Ross Gudis (N4)
    *Joylyn Yang & Jean-Luc Baker (J6)

26. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Yang & Baker were really charming in Greensboro, especially in the SD. Are they staying with Jean-Luc's parents for coaches? Also, I see he was born in England. Is there any chance they could skate for Great Britain?

shan and (deleted member) like this.
  27. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Yang and Baker are my favorite up and coming dance team. They caught my attention as novices and I loved their SD this season. I hope they continue have unusual music choices! :cheer2:

28. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

They are also extremely nice people. It's been several years now since I've seen them in person, but I'll always remember with fondness talking with Keiffer about his love of animals back when he was early high school age. I wish both of them the best of luck in their future endeavors.

29. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

30. champs

champs New Member

Posted on a wrong thread so deleted.