Status of Dube/Davison, Hecht/Trefil?

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by haribobo, Oct 24, 2010.

1. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

According to ISU standings
    http://www.isuresults.com/events/gp2010/gpspairs.htm

Dube/Davison have been replaced by MT/M at Skate Canada. :eek:
    Simpson/Miller were also added to replace Martiusheva/Rogonov, who split.

Hecht/Trefil are assigned to TEB. :eek: I thought they split? Hmm!

Any info if this is all true/legit?

2. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

I heard this one is true.

Usually the "Entries XXX - All 6 Events" PDF pages are the most reliable and up-to-date ones.

3. elfenblüte

elfenblüte New Member

Hecht/Trefil? :eek: I thought too, that they had split after Euros and he was on icepartnersearch...

It would be so great, if they have found together again!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  4. Sylvia

Victoria Hecht just competed at SWP Regionals in the US two weeks ago (she placed 5th in the tough Junior ladies field there and did not advance to Sectionals) and I guess it's possible she could have reteamed with Trefil (eta: or they never officially split) and will continue to represent Hungary.

5. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

:eek: Wow, I'm so happy for Victoria. She had the toughest region in the country without a doubt. I'm glad she has something to train for now!

I hope the info is legit. I'm pretty sure it is.

6. Eris

Eris New Member

What happened to D/D?:eek: I'm dissapointed.:(

7. melonmelon

melonmelon New Member

Is that true ? :wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed

8. DFJ

DFJ Well-Known Member

No announcement from Skate Canada and they are still listed as entrants on the SC site. Hope their WD is a mistake.

9. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

10. Sedge

Sedge Active Member

If all this is true...only 2 of the teams at Skate Canada have been to Worlds

Kemp King
    Dong/Wu

This will qualify some surprises for the GPF

11. pani

pani Well-Known Member

12. stjeaskategym

stjeaskategym Well-Known Member

Definitely. Looking at the top 10 or so pairs in the GP standings from last season, just about all of them are either too injured to compete in 2 GPs this year or retired/split. It's crazy! Hope Dube/Davison are okay. The top teams have dropped like flies out of Skate Canada and there are no GP medals among any of the other competitors with the exception of Duhamel. A wide open competition!

13. HisWeirness

HisWeirness LYUBOV HAS BEEN FREED!

Yeah, I know.

Looks like that once the GP series started the ISU is being a lot quicker about updating the individual event rosters than the all 6 event PDFs per discipline.

14. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

I feel like that has been true the past few years. The PDFs are best until the GP actually starts and the the entries page is best. Either way though, Dube and Davison are still on both.

15. Eris

Eris New Member

16. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

I dont know what is going on but I will say I would be shocked if Dube & Davison made it to Sochi. They have stagnated and even regressed for awhile, their past relationship and personal turmoil is well documented, and they dont seem to love skating and competing as a pair much anymore.

17. nlyoung

nlyoung Active Member

During the NHK broadcast yesterday, they talked about Skate Canada coming up, and that the skaters to watch were Patrick Chan and Cynthia. No mention of D/D at all...

18. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

Not sure. THere were rumours and then contra-rumours... go figure...

19. 3T3T

3T3T Member

I hope M/R have not split, I really like them as a couple. Granted their Russian test skates did not look the best, she stuggled with the jumps & throws but she looked a lot taller than in the past obviously it is difficult to adjust.

Just looking at the competitors for Skate Canada if D/D do not skate it will be a very poor quality feel, would it be possible for I/M to claim the victory? Hope that doesn't jinx them.

20. ChibiChibi

ChibiChibi Active Member

It's strange... Chris has been working with a different girl since early summer. It's not Victoria.

I also heard over the summer that Victoria was happy that Hungary had released her and she could compete for the qualifying competitions this year.

21. chipso1

chipso1 Well-Known Member

I don't think she needs to be released by the Hungarian federation to skate in USFS qualifying/national events though, does she? Didn't Yuko Kavaguti skate for Japan with Alexander Markuntsov one season, and then was at Mids and U.S. Nationals the next season with Devin Patrick? And then the following season she was representing Russia on the GP series with Smirnov.

22. Alvyne

Alvyne Active Member

23. Sylvia

Thanks for being the first to provide confirmation via a legitimate news source, Alvyne. Your article link has now been cross-posted in the Grand Prix thread here in GSD and the Skate Canada Entries thread in the Kiss and Cry forum.

24. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

25. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

26. sammyf

sammyf Well-Known Member

I think she does if she's competed internationally for Hungary. So, either Hungary submitted their names hopefully like Ukraine seemed to do with their two dance teams and H/T are not skating together. Or, after missing out qualifiying for nats, H/T reteamed.

If they are not skating together hopefully the spot will be released to another team.

27. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

I guess injury's not as bad as a breakup re D&D

28. skatingfan04

skatingfan04 Active Member

I guess after so many knee issues with Jessica over the years, I guess it's Bryce's turn. :( I wish them a really speedy recovery, and hope they come back stronger than ever to win Canadians this season.

29. 2sk8

2sk8 Active Member

I think sammyf is right re: Hecht. I was surprised she was at Regionals after having competed for Hungary. Also, USFS has different rules for competing in the qualifying season, whether you are or are not a US citizen, if you have competed for another federation than were in place when Kavaguti did that. I was just assuming she was a US citizen & had complied with those new rules - unfortunate Regionals results for her though!

30. googooeyes

googooeyes Member

Skate Canada has a notice up on their website that D/D have withdrawn fron Skate Canada because Bryce injured his knee in practice.