Start Your Revengines - it's Revenge Season 3!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by miffy, Sep 25, 2013.

1. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I was so enjoying this episode until Emily's plans were foiled *again*. And amnesia? Really? Even if Emily is pretending, I can't believe we're still going to be dealing with more Revenge planning in the Hamptons.

Honestly, Sarah tried to commit suicide because of this? Didn't she survive a terrible accident where she wasn't walking? I mean, really? Pathetic.

And why is Patrick snooping around Nolan's house? Oooh, a rich man has a secret safe? That is so unusual!!!

2. Meredith

Meredith what a glorious day!

Was Patrick snooping about Nolan's house? I thought he picked up the remote to the safe by accident when he didn't see the universal remote.

Looking at some of the revelations in this episode, Emily's amnesia may be her only hope to remain alive, whether it is real or pretend.

Things that bothered me were:

If Daniel heard (some of) the conversation on the deck, why did he not stop Aiden from whisking his mother away?

Was the bracelet on which Emily planted gunshot residue the same as the one Victoria wore to the wedding? I thought the former was pearl and the latter stones.

What was Jack doing on the beach? He looked like he was waiting for someone. Who?

3. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

Meredith - he was waiting for Emily, he wanted to say a proper goodbye! I think it was meant to be the same bracelet. No idea about Daniel, lol. And yes, the remote was an accident!

If Emily's plans weren't foiled the show would be over now :p So I am glad it went wrong!

My main complaint is we didn't see Nolan and Patrick kiss. :shuffle:

Other than that I loved the episode, made up for the last few being a bit rubbish.

So many questions now! Will Lydia keep quiet? Will Victoria know she was chloroformed? Will Daniel try and get Aiden set up for the shooting? Will Charlotte think it was Daniel? Will Patrick get that safe open and find the infinity box?

4. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

I find I just don't care anymore. I don't know why, but it is no longer must-see viewing for me. I'll continue to watch, but my investment level that I had in Season 1 has never been recaptured...I'm sad about it too.

5. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

The thing that bugged me is that her 'Emily dies' plan wasn't great revenge:

1) Conrad would have been free and happy
    2) David Clarke's name would not have been cleared

It was obvious that it wasn't going to happen like that as it would have been a crappy ending! Why spend all those years plotting revenge and then settle on that - she can do better and I bet she will. :D

6. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

I've officially given up on this show. The characters have become ridiculous and Emily's revenge plans idiotic. I hate that it couldn't keep up the first season's edge-of-your-seat drama, but it joins a long list of shows that have suffered the same fate. While I'm sure they'll get a season 4, I don't know if they'll last much past that.

7. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

Yep, yep and yep! Same bracelet, Jack was waiting for Emily since he knew the plan and wanted to say a proper goodbye after he found Amanda's necklace that Emily left for him, and the Daniel thing bugs me too. If he heard everything, wouldn't he have heard Aiden say "wait two minutes, then shoot twice?"

Earlier in the episode she said that Victoria would roll on Conrad to save herself. In doing so, Conrad would be imprisoned, David Clarke's name cleared and Victoria's sentence reduced...but still imprisoned for a crime she didn't commit, like David Clarke.

You do realise that revenge plotting in the Hamptons is the whole premise of the show? If Emily's plans had gone as she wanted them to, then that would be the end of the series and not the winter finale half way through series 3 when they're talking about a series 4 ;)

He was trying to put on music. Why did Nolan have a remote for the secret safe in the same place as the TV and music remotes, more importantly?! And I think the fact that the secret safe is behind the picture Nolan bought off Victoria when she had to sell her assets is relevant. Patrick's precious mommy adored that painting...but yeah. Rich man with safe. I'm shocked!

8. Meredith

Thank you for Jack-on-the-beach explanations. Either there are nuggets from past episodes I missed or I'm losing track of what Emily told fill in the name. I'm leaning toward the latter.

It's enough to keep me setting my DVR.

9. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

Really?! How did I miss that? Do you happen to remember if Nolan was in that scene because if so maybe I wasn't paying attention properly. :eek: Thanks for filling me in Jen, I am happier about her plan knowing that ;)

10. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

Don't think I have touched this thread this season. All I can say is Huh and Really, my DH is bored and thinks it is all ludicrous.

11. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

That was a disappointing episode. It seemed like the writers were phoning it in. I bet they hate being pigeonholed into a specific scenario that's plotted weeks ahead of what they've written.

I'm sure Danny was too drunk to "get" Aiden chloroforming his momma. That's what we're supposed to believe, anyway.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  12. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

First season was great, but now ? It's getting bo-ring :(

13. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

Well she just said Victoria would roll on Conrad to save herself. I inferred the rest from that :shuffle:

Oh that must be it ;) Yeah. Weak plot there!

14. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

Anyone still watching?? It's actually quite exciting now. Next week's promo is quite shocking! :eek:

Now all this is probably what season 2 should have been. Really, except for the introduction of Aiden what did season 2 actually give us, other than a huge reduction in viewers? :p

Hate Patrick now. And Victoria. And Daniel. And Lydia. But mostly Patrick. A true Grayson even if he isn't one at all.

15. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I LOVED Lydia and Victoria's cat fight! RIP, Chair.

I am so over the Graysons winning all the time. I *need* Emily to win.

uyeahu and (deleted member) like this.
  16. jeffisjeff

jeffisjeff Well-Known Member

I'm glad the amnesia didn't last too long. :rolleyes:

Who was the woman who kissed Aiden and was she going to poison Emily in the hospital? Why?

And what is wrong with Aiden's hair these days? Last season, I found him quite attractive. This season, not so much.

17. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

Best episode in FOREVER! Loved it.

Nolan's pants need their own blog.

18. Meredith

Nolan: back to his hacking ways! Love his character. Tired of Lydia's blind spot when it comes to Conrad. She needs to get with the program and develop some revenge strategies.

19. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

Wheeeeee I enjoyed that :lol:

Patrick is a total scumbag, how could he knock Nolan out? Lucky Nolan saw it all coming (Well maybe not being hit) :p I hate Patrick now and I hope Nolan never forgives him even if they were a totally hot couple for all of 3 episodes...

I read that IRL that actor who plays Daniel wanted him to either be killed off or become really evil and it looks like they are going for the second option. As if shooting 3 people isn't enough!

I love that Aiden is involved with the daughter of the man he killed - really classy. I thought I was going to hate her but I just feel sorry for her, she seems ok.

Best moment of the episode for me - Jack giving Emily the Sammy puppy toy.

20. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

That was a lot of fun. I am so rooting for Emily. And I so want Sarah to be X'd!

21. Gypsy

Gypsy Watching the Leaves Change!

Can I have Nolan for a Candy Striper if I every have to be hospitalized again?!!

22. jeffisjeff

Can anyone recap the last 10 minutes or so of Sunday's episode? I saw everything up through Emily calling in the media to announce that she remembered who shot her (Lydia), but missed the rest. I can't fast forward through the commercials on-demand, so I'd greatly appreciate anyone who could let me know what I missed.

23. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

I will try although I can't remember the order of things...
    Margaux got angry with Jack for making her pull the Lydia article, and showed him a video of Emily's press call on her phone. Jack looked furious at seeing Emily say that someone other than Daniel shot her.
    Ems, Victoria and Daniel had a talk in which Emily made it clear she wanted to remain married and in the Grayson family, and if Daniel didn't go along with it she would change her statement and tell the truth that he shot her. Daniel was furious at being blackmailed and having to stay married to her, but Victoria actually seemed quite amused and said that they had reached a stalemate.
    Nolan is going to reveal the truth about Patrick's past, which he apparently has ready in an envelope.

I think that's it.... sorry if I missed anything!

24. jeffisjeff

Thanks very much miffy!

25. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

I just caught up. Love it :lol:

I feel bad for Nico, but also...confused. She was helping Emily, Aiden AND the Graysons? I get that she was pissed off at Nolan because he'd re-kindled things with Emily, so helped Victoria instead of Aiden. Then, she helped Emily who realised Nico didn't know Aiden killed Takeda. Then Emily breaks things off with Aiden who goes running to Nico and neglects to tell her that he killed Takeda (and I'll have to go back over that episode to remember why).

For the first time in ages, I liked Jack which was a turn around. I also liked that Daniel has found himself married, in essence, to his mother. He didn't deserve that in the first series when he was a nice guy and Emily was conflicted, but once he learned and hid the truth about David Clarke, and the fact Conrad had Amanda killed...he deserved to get caught up in Emily's take-downs.

26. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

IIRC in that terrible season Takeda was going to kill Aiden for trying to make Emily quit her mission. So if he hadn't killed him he would have died.

Jen, I didn't think Nico was really trying to help Victoria, just saw her opportunity to stay close to Emily?

27. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what she said to Aiden. I just didn't think it was that clear what her motives were.

Anyway, can I just say BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That ending was hilarious! Can't wait to see what the first Mrs Grayson does, and as for Conrad....ew :rofl:

28. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

Um that was a bit of a WTH is going on moment! :eek: I don't really want to think about that for the next 7 weeks. :blah:

Ok so what did Patrick set fire to? Did he set fire to his studio or was he in the gallery? I know we have seen him paint in there before but I can't remember where it is.

I was hoping Nolan would get his revenge on Patrick, but all he really did was get him even close to Victoria. Bit of a disappointment there.

Love Nolan's plan to get revenge for Declan. Probably won't happen now but it was a lovely touch. :D

29. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the WTF!! moment at the end was a red herring. We'll find out that they were scheming together or drinking together or something...but it was quite an interesting way to end the episode!

At least I hope it was a red herring :shuffle:

30. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

Just caught up.

In the last scene with Emily and Daniel, in my mind's ear I could hear the same dialogue coming out of Victoria's and Conrad's mouths.

Though I can't imagine that this marriage of mutual loathing will last as long.