Start Your Revengines - it's Revenge Season 3!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by miffy, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

Infinitely better episode!! And you just knew the priest was going to have to, um, spoiler tag, after he said what he said.

What was Emily drawing in the 2nd to last scene?

2. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

Ok so first I was thinking how nice it was to see Ems, Nolan and Aiden all hanging out working together again. But then Aiden goes and spoils it by framing Jack? WTF? :confused: What has Jack done to him? OK he might be wet and annoying (and suddenly have had a very odd change of heart about the whole Revenge thing, what did I miss?) but surely he has been through enough?!

I might have replayed the Nolan/Patrick kiss scene several times. :shuffle:

3. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

LOL, miffy. I'm dying to hear what the ex-wife had to say.

Emily still has feelings for Jack, that's what Jack's done to Aiden.

I bet it was Aiden, though, who tampered with the brakes, at Victoria's suggestion.

4. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

Given the promo and how shocked Conrad looked...I'm going with either Daniel or Charlotte. More likely Charlotte. But then...why did Victoria tell him that if he got in the car it would be the last thing he'd ever do?

I've only just caught up because I'm travelling and wifi has been rather patchy. I'm glad Aiden is on Emily's side after all, for now at least. And yes, Emily has feelings for both Jack and Aiden, and I think Aiden is jealous.

I really want to know who shoots Emily after the wedding, because at the moment it could be anyone.

5. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

I hope it's the groom. More fun that way.

6. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

I'm thinking it's someone she really cares about because when she says she is sorry it looks like she means it.

Maybe Charlotte??

7. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

And he does have a record ;) I wonder if they'll get to actually tying the knot?

Maybe. Or Jack? Nolan would be a big spanner in the works :p

8. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

It is interesting that no one is succumbing to Emily's charms. Everyones dislikes her or at the least frustrated with her--except for maybe Conrad.

9. bek

bek Guest

Well I find Emily hard to like. She's extremely self righteous. I think the hardest thing for me to accept is her using Daniel. Now, yes Daniel knows the truth and so I guess is an accomplice after the fact to what went down.

But in the beginning, Daniel was completely innocent to what went down with her father. Was he perfect, no but he was trying to get his life a bit straight. I find going after someone's child for your revenge plot, to be pretty darn cold.

She's far more like Victoria and company then she thinks.

10. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

In the beginning though, Emily wasn't after Daniel. She actually had quite complicated feelings towards him in the first series. She was the one who encouraged him to set things right with his ex-girlfriend who was hurt in the DUI, which I took to be a test to see if he was like his parents or not. He wasn't. She wanted to separate Victoria from her children.

At the end of series one when Daniel found out about his parents and what they'd done, he had an opportunity to publicly distance himself from them, but instead he publicly supported them. That's when Emily broke up with him (and the whole snogging Jack thing ;) ). Daniel had his chance and let her down.

Emily has always been unlikeable, but I find it interesting that everyone is seeing that now. I agree she's more like Victoria than she'd like, but the big difference is that Emily didn't do what Victoria did...and Victoria is still making life miserable and not repenting for her sins.

11. bek

bek Guest

I think pretending to be in love with someone, AND getting engaged to them under false pretenses is extremely awful thing to do to another person. And I'm not even completely sure how its going to make Daniel hate his mother.

And I sort of understand, why Daniel might think since David Clarke is dead, what the point was of letting sleeping dogs lie. (Although Amanda is another story he was willing to let his parents affect her).

12. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

Not Nolan! :drama: ;) He does disapprove of her sometimes but it is mainly because her father wanted her to forgive, or because she goes too far.

One of my colleagues has a theory Emily will actually die and the second half of the series will be all about Nolan getting revenge. :D

13. Gypsy

Gypsy Thunder & Lightning!!!

That would be a twist.

14. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

what did the british guy just say to victoria regarding a key, "it's one of your children?"

never mind, i guess the next scene answered that

15. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

I just watched the episode. So happy. :swoon:

And then I just watched next week's promo on youtube...

Does Nolan die???!!! :fragile:

*Jen* and (deleted member) like this.
  16. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

Can someone who remembers last season better than I do confirm, had Jack really never heard of or seen Aiden before?

17. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

They had no scenes together. But. Hmm. He was publicly dating Emily for a while there...never seen maybe, but never heard of? Not sure.

miffy and (deleted member) like this.
  18. my little pony

last season, didnt aiden go to nolan for proof that david clarke invested in nolan's co, and then nolan turned over the check? i could be wrong, i thought last season was a bit of a cluster.

19. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

Yeah but that's Nolan, not Jack. We know that Nolan and Aiden know each other :)

20. my little pony

oh duh, reading is fundamental. sorry.

21. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

Interesting that Charlotte would so quickly take the rap for tampering with Conrad's brakes. Not entirely believable, but maybe she's going to be a schemer like her mom.

22. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

Now clearly, no show that wants to continue can be wrapped up in 5 weeks :)

Love Charlotte's new side plot with Daniel's ex.

Anyone else (of the 5 of you on this board who watch!) notice that Emily is drinking a lot more this season?

23. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

I think there's more than five people still watching...not many people have been posting though including myself! I have to admit that I've actually missed at least two episodes this season due to being out of town or not getting a chance to watch one ep before the next one but I am still watching and loving this season! :cheer:

Please tell me I'm not the only one who gets a Michael Vartan vibe from the actor who plays Patrick because I swear I keep waiting for Sidney Bristow to come out of the bushes and kick some Grayson behind every time I see or hear him now, LOL :lol:

24. Susan1

Susan1 Active Member

Funny - "Daddy, I tampered with your brakes and killed your priest friend." "That's o.k., honey, I forgive you." Holy Moley!!!!!!!

And I'm soooooooooo confuuuuuuuuused!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Barbarino) Who is on whose side? (I haven't even watched last night's episode yet.)

25. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

I don't get the story anymore. Really don't. It's getting crazy :eek:

26. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

Well at least Nolan isn't dead. Can't say I loved this episode other than that!

27. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

I could have sworn Emily told Jack she was Amanda Clark. So Jack was upset that Nolan hadn't filled him in, right?

28. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

That's right, Coco. I'm glad Jack was only upset for a limited amount of time. Their friendship is my favourite relationship on the show.

And this better work. I don't think I will be happy that after 5 episodes of seeing this plan develop, that it falls apart last minute.

I liked all the overt male-on-male action but I would like Nolan to be with a man who isn't a psycho killer. Although Patrick's unabashed loyalty to Victoria was really grating.

29. Meredith

Meredith what a glorious day!

I don't believe Patrick's unabashed loyalty to Victoria anymore than I believe he attempted to kill Conrad for his mother. It concerned me that Patrick homed in on Nolan (or was it the other way around?), because I believe that not only does Patrick have an agenda, but it may well put Emily's to shame. Don't want to see Nolan caught in the crossfire. Not that Emily hasn't put Nolan in danger, but . . .

Only 5 on this board who watch this show? :HA!: I was away from home this past weekend and Revenge was the only program I recorded.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
    manhn and (deleted member) like this.
  30. my little pony

and it seems to be beer, straight from the bottle, that she seems to desperately need! i love that