Start Your Revengines - it's Revenge Season 3!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by miffy, Sep 25, 2013.

1. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

It's back on (in the US) this Sunday! :cheer:

They have promised that season 3 is going to be much more like season 1 than season 2 (which is a relief). Plus less annoying breaks through the season.

Will everyone here who loved it before be giving it another chance?
  2. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I'll probably wait to see how the reviews for this season go.
  3. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Love the thread title! I'm planning to rewatch the season finale on Sunday night before the premiere - it was so jam packed, so worth seeing again.

Look forward to dishing with all the Revengers on Monday!
  4. Meredith

Meredith what a glorious day!

There was never any question! :watch:
  5. Gypsy

Gypsy Thunder & Lightning!!!

I can't wait!
  6. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

Never any question with me, either. I may have given up on Downton Abbey, but Revenge has got me bad. Can't wait!!
  7. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

I never left even though season two tried my patience at times so I'm definitely looking forward to this weekend. Bring out the red Sharpie!!! :biggrinbo
  8. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I may have the same injury as Lysacek, but I'll be back! Can't wait!
  9. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

I was going to rewatch the finale tonight too but I couldn't face it :scream: so instead I watched all the deleted scenes from the S2 dvd. There were 3 long scenes with Victoria and Nolan that show he did actually get his company back. I had wondered what happened there after their initial conversation nothing more was said. Why cut out important Nolan scenes?! Cut someone else's scenes :p

I'm jealous I can't see it tonight... hope you all enjoy it!
  10. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I have been trying to watch Season 2 on Netflix but I am just not into it. I was absolutely addicted during Season 1. I don't feel like the quality of the show went down but maybe it just got a little too repetitive for me. Was season 2 a good ending, should I stick it out?
  11. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

I thought the season two finale was really good and so far, season three is starting off more like season one than season two (if you actually followed that sentence, LOL). :cheer:
  12. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

I was really looking forward to tonight's premier and...well, it was a bit of a letdown. The first 30 min had no life or vitality to it whatsoever. It was as though they were trying to pack way way way too much info into too little stilted dialogue. It wasn't until Emanda and Victoria were slapping Ashley onto that plane (what about all her stuff?) that it felt like Revenge. And the scene with Jack and Emanda was too cruel, and too short.

Lastly, wth with Aidan? If he wants to bring her down, why not just tell Victoria who she is right away?
  13. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

Because he doesn't want to bring her down? That's my guess, anyway. He's leading Victoria into a trap.

Glad it's back :cheer2: Making Conrad believe he has Huntington's is mean. But I guess it is Conrad. Putting Ashley onto a plane alive means she could come back with a sting in her tail, too. Loving bitchy Charlotte, not loving Jack (as always) and glad Nolan's out of prison.

I guess they cut the scene about Nolan getting his company back because they changed their minds. He doesn't have his company back.

I'd love to see a scene at some point of Charlotte finding out that in addition to having Patrick as her brother, Emily is really her sister. Are there plans for a fourth season or are they wrapping it up this year?
  14. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I thought it was a fun episode. I'm liking Patrick...especially when he's without a shirt.

Two possible reasons:

Aiden is still in love with Emily. Last season, Aiden wanted Emily to give up her schemes and be with him forever and ever, so this is his way of accomplishing this.

Or...Aiden hates Emily now and death is too easy, so knows that true revenge on Emily would be to forever foil her plans on the Graysons.
  15. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

Oh Aiden still loves Emily for sure. But the question is - does Jack?! :D That was so eville of him with the kiss scene! Made me laugh when he kicked her out right after.

Jen, I didn't understand what Nolan said about Nolcorp - in the scene outside the jail did he not mean that the company had gone downhill while he was in jail? I'm confused. I took it to mean he did get the company back. I think they deleted those scenes because they changed their minds on what happened to Falcon (the deleted scene said that she betrayed Victoria and never worked for her again, but the finale disproved that as she set Nolan up).

I am a bit disappointed, I knew it was going to be set months after the finale but I thought we'd get flashbacks at least. I wanted to see Charlotte finding out Declan died, Ems finding out Nolan was in jail, and Jack's reaction to the Emanda news! Oh and if Daniel shot Aiden (but I assume we will see that later on).

Loving next week's promo - Nolan in a Captain's uniform :swoon:
  16. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

If you want a bit of spoilery clarification - click here.

Otherwise, in summary, the writers confirm that Nolecorp is gone...but there is some spoilery stuff in there about Aiden and more too, so click with caution!
  17. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

Thanks Jen :40beers: Personally I love spoilers!
  18. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

Me too - to an extent :)

I was pretty sure about the Nolcorp thing from watching alone, but I can't tell you why. I think he said something like "it's gone" or "I've lost it" but I don't remember the exact wording.
  19. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Haven't commented on the first ep as I was so disappointed by it but didn't want to bring the conversation down. But seeing several previews for Sunday, it looks like they are going with Aiden teaming with Victoria against Emily - please tell me that's fancy editing and he's really just trying to get close to Victoria to help Emily? Because otherwise they are messing with Aiden's character AGAIN and I don't like it! I was also hopeful that while Victoria and Emily may never be friends, they had reached a point of mutual respect and understanding, if not actually friendship.
  20. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

I think Aiden probably has a plan & he still loves Emily.

I am so glad Nolan seems to be over Padma. I think that
    Nolan and Patrick will get together
    :D
  21. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

Mutual respect and understanding?! Well I think they understand that they're cut from the same cloth, aka both bent on revenge for something. Respect? Not so sure. How can you respect someone you're hell bent on destroying?

I suspect, having read something the writers said, that they ARE messing with Aiden's character again and I'm not a fan of that. I could justify it in some way if it turns out to be the case though. Emily chose Daniel and her life of revenge over him...and then Daniel shot him. I doubt he'll be against her forever (if he is at all). I really hope not, anyway!

Aiden and Jack are Emily's two loves - the man who understands her and the man who understands her past. I personally hate her with Jack, who's just a drip and a bore. I mean seriously - he's so into Amanda Clarke that he'll fall for anyone claiming to be her?

I actually really enjoyed the first ep, but I also liked season 2 which many people hated. I just don't see how they can extend it out for more seasons...if the timeline is currently 2 months for Ems to get her revenge, get shot in a wedding dress and fall bleeding into the ocean... (Amanda all over again?!).
  22. Meredith

Meredith what a glorious day!

I enjoyed last night's episode much more than the first, and wonder where this will take us. Will Emily become the only non-revenger (besides Nolan) in the group?
  23. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

I don't get why Aiden is being like this. I was so sure he was still on Emily's side, but he is giving Victoria too much information! I don't like it!

Bitchy Charlotte is even more annoying than whiney Charlotte.

And where was the scene with Nolan in his captain's uniform? :wuzrobbed x1000000
  24. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

On the good side:

"Who's next to be caught with red on their face?" :D

And Nolan's confusion when Victoria brought him his own muffins :lol:
  25. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I too enjoyed this episode more than the premier. I thought the conversation between Emily and Conrad was especially effective.
  26. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

I think it's exactly as he said. He feels immensely betrayed because Ems pushed him out after he helped steal the Grayson fortune. Now, he did massively eff up his role and she had reason to, but obviously he's had a case of delayed rage since Daniel shot him...

Does Emily even know that Daniel shot him?!
  27. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

Much, much better episode. Revengines started :)
  28. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Aidan's thinking will be better understood once we know what happened during his fight with Daniel and the intervening two months. I am not Aidan's biggest fan (even though he is hot), but for now I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

That said, Aidan still doesn't fully support all of Emily's actions. I totally understand his reservation--and Nolan's and Jack's. But this show is called "Revenge." I wish there was *someone* who was fully on board Emily's machinations to enact revenge on everybody.
  29. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

margaux is so meh
    i keep waiting for someone to out her as being from milwaukee
    IceAlisa and (deleted member) like this.
  30. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

That was such a :kickass: episode!!!

Best moments:

Nolan's swans :lol:
    Aidan telling Victoria he was completely wrong about Emily - we were laughing and cheering at that!
    Wussy Jack actually making a joke (inseam)
    Daniel getting caught out about also keeping a secret about Aiden
    The chemistry between Nolan and Patrick :watch:

but my overall favourite:
    Nolan's mugshot t shirt!!!
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  31. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

Infinitely better episode!! And you just knew the priest was going to have to, um, spoiler tag, after he said what he said.

What was Emily drawing in the 2nd to last scene?
  32. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

Ok so first I was thinking how nice it was to see Ems, Nolan and Aiden all hanging out working together again. But then Aiden goes and spoils it by framing Jack? WTF? :confused: What has Jack done to him? OK he might be wet and annoying (and suddenly have had a very odd change of heart about the whole Revenge thing, what did I miss?) but surely he has been through enough?!

I might have replayed the Nolan/Patrick kiss scene several times. :shuffle:
  33. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

LOL, miffy. I'm dying to hear what the ex-wife had to say.

Emily still has feelings for Jack, that's what Jack's done to Aiden.

I bet it was Aiden, though, who tampered with the brakes, at Victoria's suggestion.
  34. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

Given the promo and how shocked Conrad looked...I'm going with either Daniel or Charlotte. More likely Charlotte. But then...why did Victoria tell him that if he got in the car it would be the last thing he'd ever do?

I've only just caught up because I'm travelling and wifi has been rather patchy. I'm glad Aiden is on Emily's side after all, for now at least. And yes, Emily has feelings for both Jack and Aiden, and I think Aiden is jealous.

I really want to know who shoots Emily after the wedding, because at the moment it could be anyone.
  35. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

I hope it's the groom. More fun that way.
  36. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

I'm thinking it's someone she really cares about because when she says she is sorry it looks like she means it.

Maybe Charlotte??
  37. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

And he does have a record ;) I wonder if they'll get to actually tying the knot?

Maybe. Or Jack? Nolan would be a big spanner in the works :p
  38. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

It is interesting that no one is succumbing to Emily's charms. Everyones dislikes her or at the least frustrated with her--except for maybe Conrad.
  39. bek

bek Guest

Well I find Emily hard to like. She's extremely self righteous. I think the hardest thing for me to accept is her using Daniel. Now, yes Daniel knows the truth and so I guess is an accomplice after the fact to what went down.

But in the beginning, Daniel was completely innocent to what went down with her father. Was he perfect, no but he was trying to get his life a bit straight. I find going after someone's child for your revenge plot, to be pretty darn cold.

She's far more like Victoria and company then she thinks.
  40. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

In the beginning though, Emily wasn't after Daniel. She actually had quite complicated feelings towards him in the first series. She was the one who encouraged him to set things right with his ex-girlfriend who was hurt in the DUI, which I took to be a test to see if he was like his parents or not. He wasn't. She wanted to separate Victoria from her children.

At the end of series one when Daniel found out about his parents and what they'd done, he had an opportunity to publicly distance himself from them, but instead he publicly supported them. That's when Emily broke up with him (and the whole snogging Jack thing ;) ). Daniel had his chance and let her down.

Emily has always been unlikeable, but I find it interesting that everyone is seeing that now. I agree she's more like Victoria than she'd like, but the big difference is that Emily didn't do what Victoria did...and Victoria is still making life miserable and not repenting for her sins.