Stars on Ice US Tour: Six Cities

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by kwanfan1818, Nov 3, 2012.

1. midori

midori Well-Known Member

Simone411 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Teenes

Teenes Active Member

That is awesome, midori! The whole cast in an unique video, and very fitting for the song. Really enjoyed that, thanks for sharing!

3. nursebetty

nursebetty New Member

That was fun. I looked on the SOI website to see if it was there(no), but there were some good photos. Wish they did more with the site. Stuff like that video would be great. They had an interview section, but no interviews. Last year there was a great interview from John Zimmerman.

4. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

5. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

6. Simka

Simka Member

Just saw the Anaheim show on Saturday. It was amazing. I can't understand why so few people go these days -- I traveled up from San Diego to go.

I noticed that none of the reviews included Dorothy's second number, the one in the white dress. I didn't realize until today that it wasn't included in the set list. Does anyone know what music she used for that?

7. attyfan

attyfan Well-Known Member

I agree that Anaheim was a great show ... I traveled down from Ventura. They had ads for the 2014 SOI tour ... maybe, they hope that Olys will turn things around.

8. Willowway

Willowway Well-Known Member

Last two this weekend - Rosemont, IL (outside Chicago) on Friday and Portland, ME on Sunday. I am excited to be going; there are an even dozen of us Kulik's Krew members from Seattle to North Carolina who will be meeting in Chicago for the show.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  9. Oreo

Oreo Active Member

I was at the Anaheim show, too, and loved it! I loved how the audience was dead quiet when Kurt was skating "Singin in the Rain" and then gave him a standing ovation. Dorothy has just amazing presence. Lots of favorite parts, but the ones I especially liked were Joannie Rochette skating to Sade's "Is It a Crime" (she was smokin' hot), Katia and Ilia doing the pairs, and Ryan Bradley coming out looking like Harry Potter.

10. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

I was going to go to the Anaheim show but I got sick. Sigh. I'm so, so sad I missed it. :(

Coco and (deleted member) like this.
  11. moebius

moebius Well-Known Member

I enjoyed both of Shawn Sawyer's numbers, especially the 2nd number. Lots of flexibility and unique artistry. I noticed that most of the autographed photos were recycled from last year. I guess they're cutting down on costs.

12. Oreo

Oreo Active Member

Forgot to add, Richard Dornbush and Sean Rabbitt were a few seats in front of me in Anaheim.

Don't know if anybody noticed, but at the end of Dorothy and Kurt's number, it looked like she slipped and Kurt made a quick change in choreography to make it look like it was planned. Very cute!

13. Meredith

Meredith what a glorious day!

Looking forward to the Friday March 8th show in Chicago (Rosemont). Anyone else (hi Willowway!) going? It's good to know the tour has been well received again this year.

14. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

Waaaaahh! Stuck in Newark airport and will miss Kurt & Dorothy. :(

Gd business trips! At least I didn't get SOI tix yet, but still...pity party of 1.

Hope everyone has a great time!

15. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  16. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

Saw the Portland show. So worth the 3.5 hr drive each way! Crowd was good - probably more than half full.
    Kurt was amazing - loved seeing 'Singin in the rain' and his duet with Dorothy was so sweet
    Dorothy is just amazing to watch, her posture and edges.
    Fun to see the NavBoms!
    The Kerrs - just fun, so glad to see the Scottish folk dance again. And with the bows, John shows what is under his kilt - black shorts!
    Katia and Ilia - separately and the pair moves - just beautiful. I am pretty sure Ilia did a 3 lutz (not 100% sure).
    Sawyer is very cool to watch, nice moves.
    Ryan - more polished, nice to see that improvement.
    Joanie - really like her programs, shows personality, not the 'standard female ballads.
    Kurt spoke at the end very sweet 'Most people get a gold watch when they retire, I get Dorothy Hamill'
    and how he stole moves and hair style from Scott.
    So hoping they hit more cities next year! First time I have seen SOI in a couple of years due to being far away.
    (and to think I am in Hartford, CT, and had Hartford, Worcester, Providence, Bridgeport, and Newark as options, plus Albany in the past)

Simone411 and (deleted member) like this.
  17. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

I went to the LA show, and it seemed that Ilia ONLY did 3lutzes! :lol: I wish he'd had better programs though. Just didn't like the music he was given.

Shawn is SUCH a great show skater. I've seen him in competition a few times, but this was a lot better! :)

Dorothy is just divine. And she sure doesn't look like she's 56! People clapped and cheered when she did her layback spin, and the woman behind me asked, "Is that hard?" Well, she's probably older than you, lady! :lynch:

Katia can't really jump, but her edge work is second to none, for sure!

And ahhh, Kurt! So glad I could see him perform for the last time in the US. :cheer: There will not be anyone like him, ever. I still hold out hope though - he got into the audience for a few minutes to watch Joannie's second number and he looked quite spry jumping over the barrier. :lol:

18. Teenes

Teenes Active Member

19. waddlercu

waddlercu Member

Thanks, Teenes! I enjoyed looking through the photos. Some of the costumes look a bit... familiar. ;-) Whatever it takes to keep the show going. I hope they come back strong next year.

20. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Thanks for those!! Ryan Bradley is darling as Harry Potter! Would never have thought he looked like Daniel whats-his-name.

21. Simka

Simka Member

Teenes, are you posting reviews as well?

22. love skating

love skating Clueless American

Thank you Teenes! Great pics as always! I went to that Anaheim show too so it was great to see your photos!

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  23. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

They're incredible, as always! Thank you, Teenes! :cheer: :encore:

24. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

Remember when the tour was 60 US cities? How things have changed.

25. Teenes

Teenes Active Member

Glad you guys are enjoying them! Makes the work processing my remaining San Jose photos seem more worth it ;).

Simka - I wrote up a really informal thoughts review for my Kurt mailing list after the San Jose show but haven't had a chance to turn it into a real, formatted review for my website. I guess that's next!

26. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I'll look forward to reading that!

27. Teenes

Teenes Active Member

28. Oreo

Oreo Active Member

29. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Wonderful pictures. Thanks!

I just watched the hour highlights show today. Lots of enjoyable numbers and I wish I could have seen the show this year.

30. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

Will it continue to exist after the Olympic year?