Stars on Ice tv alert-Tour 2012 Love 'n" Life

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by lotte86, Feb 7, 2012.

1. lotte86

lotte86 New Member

2. A.H.Black

A.H.Black Well-Known Member

Thanks for the list. It was on here on the 5th at midnight. I didn't catch it. Luckily it will be repeated on the 18th.

3. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

No listing yet for the Orlando market!

4. Susan1

Susan1 Active Member

Or for Dayton, Ohio? The Cincinnati telecast is on an Indiana station we don't get. What's the deal?

5. joemauerlover

joemauerlover New Member

Or for Minnesota, grrrr!!!!! although when SOI posted the Holiday Festival on Ice schedule, we weren't listed, but I did catch it! I sure wish that TV schedule was the tour schedule though.

6. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

A family member recorded it for me this past weekend while I was in Colorado. Just watched it last night. Lovely show! Every skater or team is shown in one 'solo number' + two group #s. My fave: Todd's daffy waiter number is truly a HIGHLIGHT of the show and bears the imprint of Kurt Browning's choreography all over. (Bravo!) Kurt's own number -- with costume adjustments -- was also fantastic.

Even though the TV show ran for only one hour, there's almost 50 minutes of skating, as there are very few commercial breaks and the ads are short. [It could be that different TV stations will handle the ads differently.]

In no particular order, shown on the TV special:

Dog Days are Over - group
    Footloose - Bradley
    I'm Yours - Browning
    Hey, Big Spender - Cohen
    The Waiter's Gallop - Eldredge
    Love Will Keep Us Together - Gordeeva
    Johnny Got a Boom-Boom - Ina/Zimmerman
    Exogenesis - Kerrs
    Who Wants to Live Forever? - Kulik
    Formidable - Rochette
    one more group # that comes after we see a bit of three guys (Browning, Bradley & Eldredge?) doing fancy footwork - perhaps to Adele's 'Rolling in the Deep'?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  7. Skate Talker

Skate Talker Well-Known Member

Darn it! I thought there was another skating program on besides 4CC but somehow failed to find it again on my listings. And no repeats here.

8. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Rats, I missed it. :(

9. roxynova

roxynova New Member

No clue what this Philly channel is - just searched the Comcast listings and don't see it...thanks again, cable!

10. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

What is station KTEV? I've never heard of the channel before.

11. Skate Talker

Skate Talker Well-Known Member

Okay, I am :) again. A new listing just popped up for Feb 26th so I have a chance to see it after all.

12. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

^^^
    I'm happy to hear it.
    Without some help from my friends, I might not be able to see it at all this year.
    It still hasn't appeared on the Orlando area schedule.

13. nursebetty

nursebetty New Member

I agree it was very good. I've only seen about 4 or 5 shows and this could be my favorite. Loved the 2 cast numbers that they showed and was surprised how much I liked Todd's number with the water. Was worried that I had wasted some $$$ and time, since I have to fly and stay in a hotel 2 nights in a city that's not my favorite. Esp. in the winter.

14. joemauerlover

joemauerlover New Member

So they finally aired this in Minnesota, and it was funny because they posted the tour schedule and were promoting it to sell tickets, which I'm not sure why, since the show is over!! but oh well! it was great, to see as much as they did show!! :)