Stars On Ice tour locations

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by FSWer, Mar 20, 2011.

1. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Say,does anyone happen to know why it is not listed to stp in the Hartford area this year?

2. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Unfortunately a lot of cities that used to be on the Stars on Ice tour were not listed this year. One reason may have to do with money -- not enough paying audience members in those cities.

BTW, did you see the replies to you in the thread you started a few days ago? http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=78032

3. RD

RD Well-Known Member

I went to the Philly show a couple of years ago. The arena was barely a quarter full. No wonder they aren't going back there.

4. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

How DARE they!!!! I surely hope this is not an on-going thing.

5. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

Unfortunately, it's about money. The shows, especially those that tour, are not cheap to put on, with the cast and crew and technical wizardry. If they are not recouping their costs in ticket sales, then they will continue to cut out cities that don't benefit them. Champions on Ice isn't even around anymore due to the financial issues. It's rough, but there is not the huge sell for figure skating shows (especially at the cost that SOI charges for tickets) across the U.S.

6. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

It may be money. But not eveyone lives in far cities. In a way,there not making money, AND denying fans. They better suoso

7. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

I understand that. There is not an SOI show in my state, and the closest one is about a 4 hour drive one-way. Just saying, that is I am sure what their bottom line is.

8. ryanbfan

ryanbfan Active Member

Same, the south is completely cut out aside from dates in Florida. So no Texas dates whatsoever.