Sportswriter Mike Celizic writes about his battle with cancer

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Garden Kitty, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Sportswriter Mike Celizic, who has written a number of stories about skating, wrote a very touching column today about his losing fight with cancer. Very touching, and some of his earlier columns about the diagnosis are definitely worth reading.

2. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Aww, that is so sad that he's dying. I've always enjoyed his columns. He writes about it all so eloquently.
  3. AragornElessar

AragornElessar New Member

:(

Words fail me, except for this...

We've got to drop kick this damned disease into some place where it ceases to exist forever and ever!!

I hope and pray he and his Family have the support they need for the next few weeks.

4. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting the link. What a touching column - I admire his strength in saying enough with the chemo, and deciding to enjoy the time he has left. And I also :rofl: at the part about his buddy bringing burgers and Corona into the hospital for him.
  5. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting that link -- what a wonderful, terrible story. Mike Celizic is a great writer -- and god bless his friend for bringing him the contraband burger and beer for his birthday.
  6. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Yes, :( this thread is back on top of the page for the reason you're fearing ...

RIP, Mike Celizic
  7. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

Yes, I knew why this thread reappeared at the top today. :( RIP, Mike Celizic.
  8. AragornElessar

AragornElessar New Member

Condolences and prayers to his family and friends.