Speculation: Mel Gibson Jodie Foster's sons' biological father

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Eden, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Eden

Eden Well-Known Member

After Jodie Foster's speech during the GG, in which she thanked Mel Gibson for saving her, The New York Post is wondering if Gibson is the biological father of her two sons?
    After studying footage of the event, a genalogist told the New York Post: “The kids look like him (Gibson) but blonder."

If the rumours are true, they would explain the close friendship between the two stars. Foster was one of just a few people to stand by Gibson after his antisemitic rant and controversial fight with ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva.
    Mel Gibson joined Foster to the GG and was sitting with her boys when she won a Lifetime Achievement Award.

2. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

None of our business, and I couldn't care less who her children's father is. Her youngest is a spitting image of Jodie.

But if it is true, genetically speaking, she picked a good looking donor. Too bad Gibson has lost his shit lately.

3. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Jodie also seems like a forgiving, give-a-person-another-chance type person. She came to her former costar's defense when Kristan Stewart was caught messing around with her married director too, when few were willing to give her a break.

4. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

I can't see the ultra Catholic Gibson donating his sperm for IVF. I don't want to think about the alternative means!

5. beepbeep

beepbeep Resident Rude Brazilian

And this is our business because...

6. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i really dont see a resemblance but that doesnt mean anything. i've read the late director randy stone was the sperm donor.

7. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Or maybe, against all odds, they just happen to be friends.

My dad is a wonderful, loving, kind man; one of his closest friends from his Vietnam days was a mean alcoholic. But somehow, after all they'd been through together, they just "got" each other. It happens. (I'm not comparing moviemaking to war, but still!)

8. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

If he is, that was a nice thing to do. If he isn't, it sounds like he's still a supportive friend to her. Either way, it's between them and her kids or whoever the sperm-donor was and her and her kids. Given she's spoken out against the celebrity, everything-and-everyone-I-do-is-news culture, it seems especially inappropriate to speculate.

9. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

I don't really see a resemblance to Gibson. And, I agree that foster seems to be the type of person who stands up for her friends, even when she may believe they did something wrong. Gibson seems to have cleaned up his act. Maybe alcohol was/is his problem. I know that most believe that alcohol can make us say and do things that represent who we really are. But, it (and drugs) can also make us say and do things that are not who we really are. Gibson could, very well, have been and is a good friend to Foster, not her son's father.

10. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

Agreed.

11. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Thank you for opening up and reading over a thread and then responding to let us all know you have no interest whatsoever in the subject matter. :lol:

12. Alixana

Alixana who is on vacation!!

I swore to myself that I would *not* open this thread but apparently my laptop has a mind of its own and here I am. Damn. ;)

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  13. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

the younger one really does look just like Foster. And I can't believe those kids are only two years apart - they look more like 8 and 17 than 12 and 14. Funny thing about teenaged boys - they look like babies until one day they wake up and magically are MEN :lol:

dbell1 and (deleted member) like this.
  14. duane

duane New Member

:lol:

Looking at the picture of the boys, my first thought is that Macaulay Culkin or Clay Aiken is the father.

taf2002 and (deleted member) like this.
  15. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

the older one could be the progeny of the oldest Hanson brother :p

16. genegri

genegri Active Member

Am I the only one who doesn't see any resemblance whatsoever?

Either way, more power to Jodie who took control of her own life and now has two fine sons.

17. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

18. Alex Forrest

Alex Forrest Banned Member

The oldest son to me at least bears a striking resemblance to Michael Phelps. I always thought Julian Sands would have been the sperm donor. They were friends, and he was gorgeous and super smart (that is when he chooses movie roles better than Boxing Helena, which I still think is brilliant in it's darkness though no one else got it..)

I'm happy for Jodie Foster and her family. She's always been a favorite since the 70s. And you know she's raised those sons well. She's a class act.

19. heckles

heckles Well-Known Member

Hollywood's a sad place for a lesbian when your go-to men for seed are David Crosby and Mel Gibson.

20. luenatic

luenatic Well-Known Member

Oh Peter. I miss you!

21. duane

duane New Member

:lol:

22. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

LOL, but Mel Gibson was "The Sexiest Man Alive" and very likable back in the days; I can totally see why he would be very desirable as a donor back then.

23. heckles

I sort of miss the days when Mel Gibson was hot without the asterisk. Few things are sadder than good looks wasted on a nutjob.

24. heckles

Do you think the Hanson brother sang, "Mmmm, Bop" while he, uh, donated?

Oh yeah oh oh...