Spanish speaking posters: Help with translation of two sentences .. please!

Alixana

Definitely NOT a sonogram
Hi .. asking a large favor from our South American posters.

I work for a small non-profit and have to create a sign in Spanish. Apparently my year in S. America over 15 years ago makes me the closest thing to Spanish speaking that we have. :( The English wording is first; my attempt at the Spanish translation feels very simplistic/'Google Translate'. Btw, these patients are mostly from Columbia and Honduras (I understand the slang/flavour of language is different from that of Spain, or indeed from other countries in S. America).

Many many thanks in advance!

To Dr. _____'s patients: Dr. _________ has decided to resume taking care of your health. Please see his secretary to make an appointment.

A los pacientes del Dr. ____ :

El Dr. _______ se está reanudando cuidado de su salud. Favor de hablar con la secretaria del Dr. _____ para pedir una cita con él.

oleada

Para los pacientes del Dr. Blank: El Dr. Blank ha decidido seguir cuidando de su salud. Por favor vea a la secretaria del Dr. Blank para pedir una cita con el.

I'm asumming that Dr. Blank is male. My other question is: did he stop taking care of the patients and is now doing so again? Or is he just continuing to provide care? If it's the latter, I think there are better translations than what I provide above.

Also, if most of your patients are Colombian DO NOT spell it Columbia. It really pisses is off!

Alixana

Definitely NOT a sonogram
Yikes, Columbia was definitely a typo .. I spent time in Cartagena and know better!

He was still their doctor officially but turned over many aspects of care, e.g., women's health exams, to our nurse practitioners; patients would just drop in and make their own appointments with us. However, he's left our group and is not allowing his patients to access our services anymore.

Thank you so much for the translation!!

ETA: I wasn't sure if/where there were accents either; reassured to see that I got some of it right! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information