Sotnikova, Lipnitskaya and Radionova

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Skater91, Jun 6, 2013.

Who will dominate Junior Ladies next season?

1. Medvedeva

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  2. Sakhanovich

33 vote(s)
    55.9%
  3. Sotskova

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. Stavitskaia

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  5. Gosviani

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  6. Angela Wang

11 vote(s)
    18.6%
  7. Courtney Hicks

8 vote(s)
    13.6%
  8. Other US Lady

5 vote(s)
    8.5%
  9. Rika Hongo

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  10. Hae jin Kim or So Young Park of South Korea

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  11. Alaine Chartrand or Gabrielle Daleman

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  12. Other?

3 vote(s)
    5.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Me neither. Her jumps are awful to watch and I prefer a good skater with no jump, instead of a skater with ugly jumps. :)

2. kwanatic

kwanatic Well-Known Member

^^Kanako's jumps aren't textbook but I don't think they are ugly. The takeoff of her flip and lutz are a little mule-kicky but her landings are actually nice. I love that she often holds her edges which far too few skaters do nowadays. I can overlook odd technique if the jumps are landed (which hers are) and the rest of the rest of the skating is appealing.

Marin Honda...Awww! She's so cute! :)

I definitely see potential there, especially in her movement across the ice and the use of her arms throughout the program. That axel looks a little Lipnitskaya-ish (not good) but we'll have to see how she progresses. Hopefully as she grows she'll gain more power and a little more height to her jumps. I'll definitely keep an eye out for her in the next two years.

3. munow

munow New Member

Murakami is really a terrible jumper.

4. Skater91

Skater91 Member

Well, I know it is still very early in the JGP circuit but it is funny to read comments and see the poll prediction after some of the results already

5. KimGOAT

KimGOAT Active Member

If Murakami could fix her jump technique she could be the one to beat after Sochi. That is a huge if though. If she doesnt she could find herself passed by by all of Gold, sotnikova, Tuktamysheva, Lipnitskaya, Osmond, and Li. Those people are only going to get better so she wont get away with dodgy jumps much longer. The rest of her skating is very strong, that is her only real weakness really, but there is nothing exceptional enough to compensate her jump issues either.