SOICanada-Whom would you like to replace those going to Moscow?

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Scrufflet, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

Hello! My first thread!
    World's will occur end of April when SOI is scheduled so Cynthia, Shawn and V/M won't be in the show one would think. How to fill the gaps? Would you care to suggest a few to fill in? I emailed IMG and suggested Gary Beacom. Ouch, I can hear the rants already but seriously.... Someone else started a campaign to draft Shawn Sawyer a few months ago (genius, thank you). Name some names!

2. screech

screech Well-Known Member

EMANUEL!

manhn and (deleted member) like this.
  3. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

Shae Lynn Bourne, Paige Lawrence & Rudi Swiegers, and Stephane Lambiel :D

4. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Tuffy! The cast of Battle of the Blades!

5. yukky

yukky New Member

Just her?At least she should have her partner.

”Battle of the Blades” national tour would be fun .

6. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

I think WildRose nailed it.

7. tapper88

tapper88 New Member

Tessa and Scott are said to be joining the last few shows after Worlds.. just FYI :)

8. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Where did you find this information?

9. tapper88

tapper88 New Member

10. Chele615

Chele615 Let's go Anacode!!!

I would love Anabelle Langlois and Cody Hay to be added to the tour....I would be spending many weekends in Canada if that happened ;) LOL They have the credentials to be introduced as National Champions and Olympians. They could even do the beginning spots of the tour to "fill in" the group numbers for Tessa and Scott until they return at the end.

11. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I was wonder, why Langlois-Hay didnt skate at CSOI? And what about Sandhu?

12. RubyLaRhumba

RubyLaRhumba New Member

I miss the days of Tuffy & Doug!

13. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I think a BOTB team would be a fun addition to the cast - might actually sell and few extra tickets, and help boost interest in the third season.

14. Judy

Judy New Member

I honestly don't think there's anyone they could add that would make me buy a ticket at this point. When I was checking before the prices were in the 90.00 range in my city .. no thanks! I love Kurt Browning but the prices are too crazy for just a few skaters (in Canada at least).

15. sk8sue

sk8sue SHERLOCKED

Oooo, if I could see Kurt Browning, Jeff Buttle, Stephane Lambiel and Shae Lynn Bourne in a group number together...

Erm, how about Barbara Underhill and Ron Duguay? They were popular in the gala at Skate Canada 2009 and could sell some tickets to a different fan-base. Or maybe Patrice Brisebois could come along with Shae (or is Shae going to be coaching at Worlds?).

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  16. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

Judy - there are lower level seats in Ottawa in the $54 range and the view from them is excellent. That's where I'll be sitting with a group of friends, enjoying the show, whoever we get to see.

17. siberia82

siberia82 New Member

Do we know for sure that CSOI will be seeking replacement skaters?

18. Parsley Sage

Parsley Sage Well-Known Member

I would think they would have to for the first few shows. With V&M, Sawyer and Phaneuf going to worlds, that's about 1/3 of the cast missing.

19. midori

midori Well-Known Member

Not a Canadian but I would love Ashley Wagner to join the cast.

She was amazing in HFOI, and IMHO she is one of the best female show skater.

20. Skate Talker

Skate Talker Well-Known Member

In Winnipeg ticket prices start at $33 and though these are not the closest seats if one is bold enough they can probably find a way into a better seat since they seldom sell out the more expensive ones.

In another thread I had already proposed that CSOI should add some of the "next in line" Canadian eligible skaters who are not going to worlds, like Paige and Rudi and also Paul and Islam, etc. Good developmental move for sure and entertaining for me :)

21. Skate Talker

22. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

Nam Nguyen! Okay maybe he is too young - but he is super entertaining!
    Emmanuel. How about Sebastien Britten - does he skate any more? I loved him! Also Paul and Islam and Lawrence and Swiegers.

23. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

Brilliant ideas all! I love the Battle of the Bladers idea! I also think it would be brilliant to have Shae (would she be in Moscow) and Kurt do a few more numbers together. Those two could do an entire show and I'd be happy!

24. Teenes

Teenes New Member

Definitely Shae-Lynn Bourne. They need ladies and she'd be great in the group numbers.

25. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

I agree BUT perhaps she's planning to be in Moscow with her dance team?

26. Judy

Judy New Member

That's still a lot of $$ for what you get. I'm just not into the exhibition skating as much as I used to be .. and the cast that CSOI draws now is just too small.

27. Skate Talker

I, on the other hand, actually enjoy more Canadian skaters who are not such big names. I always used to be jealous that I only got the "regular" Stars on Ice cast and not the one that toured with Skate the Nation version

28. shutterbug

shutterbug Well-Known Member

Me too. I’d much rather watch Cynthia Phaneuf than Sasha Cohen. CSOI is great experience for our younger skaters. Joannie really blossomed after doing a whole tour. BTW, Lawrence & Swiegers are apparently the guest skaters at the MB Section’s Bursary Foundation show this year. Tickets are usually available to the public, but nothing has been posted on the Section website as of yet.

29. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

I am all about seeing Shae Lynn. I haven't seen her skate for awhile (not counting the Dance Show her and Kurt did in the fall)

I would love to see her on the tour. Other options would be Sandhu and Wing & Lowe!!

30. Rock2

Rock2 Well-Known Member

All good suggestions.

However, if you're in a pinch, just stuff Brubaker, Hay and Zimmerman into a tight pair of jeans and push them out to center ice. No one will give a flying feck what they do. :grope: