Sochi - Small Stories Of A Big City- Ice Show In London UK (Merged)

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by NONKO, Jun 1, 2012.

1. NONKO

NONKO Active Member

It looks like "City Lights" will absolutely happen in London during Olympic Games:)
    Here is the information from Petrova Tikhonov official website.
    http://www.petrova-tikhonov.ru/schedule/

Date: July 28th - August 11th, 2012
    Place: Ice Arena at Sochi Part in London, UK
    Ticket information:
    http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Sochi...y-Ice-Show-tickets/artist/1739250?list_view=1
    Skaters:
    Alexei Yagudin,
    Tatyana Navka,
    Roman Kostomarov,
    Tatyana Totmyanina,
    Maxim Marinin,
    Mariya Petrova,
    Alexei Tikhonov,
    Margarita Drobyasko,
    Povilas Vanagas,
    Maxim Stavinski,
    Albena Denkova,
    Maxim Shabalin,
    Oksana Domnina
    Created by Ilya Averbukh

http://icesymphony.org/page/musical-ice-big-city-lights.html
    http://www.icesymphony.org/projects/myuzikl-na-ldu-ogni-bolshogo-goroda.html

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. JP1

JP1 Member

Oooohh , anyone know how long each show lasts and are all the skaters there for each show ? Very tempting , off to look at train times :rollin:

3. morqet

morqet Well-Known Member

OMG this is amazing! I never ever thought I would get the chance to see any of these skaters live :D

JP1, there are more details at the bottom of the page here, it lasts for 95 minutes.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  4. SandraMGfan

SandraMGfan Active Member

Can anyone choose the £15 seats? I only see the £45 and £70, which honestly seems expensive for a Winter sport showcasing during the Summer games... (I still want to go though, lol)

5. NONKO

NONKO Active Member

6. kia_4EverOnIce

kia_4EverOnIce New Member

wow! thanks!!!
    I will definetely try to go! just have to check trains!

7. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

So this show is on when the olympics are going on ? If so good luck on venturing into London and finding hotels etc :shuffle:

8. JP1

JP1 Member

9. allezfred

allezfred Old and Immature Admin Staff Member

I've got lots of hotels sending me e-mails to book my hotel for the London Olympics. There is lots of hotel rooms available now. It's just a matter of waiting till the last possible moment to book and strike a bargain. :EVILLE:

10. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

I agree with this article :)
    This is the middle of the summer and London needs as many open spaces as possible with all the tourists etc there for olympics.Surely Sochi olympics can be promoted any time up until 2014 .
    There are plenty of arena's.:shuffle:
    Anyway people who are there to watch Summer olympics yes ' but it doesn't nesessarily mean they will be interested in winter sports:shuffle:

11. NONKO

NONKO Active Member

Mr. Tikhonov wrote his diary about the last show of the tour this year in Elektrostali and “City Lights” this summer in London.

http://www.petrova-tikhonov.ru/diary/index.php?id=236

It is said some of casts will be changed in “City Lights” in London.
    Charlie : Marat Basharov -> Alexei Tikhonov
    Programs “Station” & “Rock 'n Roll” : Alexei Tikhonov & Maria Petrova -> Tatiana Totmyanina & Maxim Marinin
    Programs “Robots” : Tatiana Totmyanina & Maxim Marinin -> Elena Leonova & Andrei Khvalko

And Alexei Yagudin, Navka & Kostmarov, Dorobyazko & Vanagas will perform the same roles.

More information
    Alexei Tikhonov & Maria Petrova will skate the program like Chaplin at the end of shows.
    Elena Berezhnaya & Anton Sikharulidze will not perform in London, although they performed their Chaplin program in Moscow.

12. mella

mella is lutz crazy!!!

A bit of Nimby-ism from the good ol' residents of Kensington (nothing new!) They clearly have no awareness of the level of figure skating fandom in London/the UK!

Frankly the plan seems a little OTT - Kensington is a bit off the track for most the Olympic venues so I wouldn't think this is going to pick up many "passing" visitors. It hasn't been that heavily promoted as far as I've seen.

I doubt very much that many Londoners are going to be interested in FS at the height of summer, especially when all the focus is on the summer Olympics. I'm actually fleeing London and know a number of people who are doing the same. It's a shame as of course I would have gone to this show - the chance to see Yagudin live - well, Wow! Maybe I can tweak my plans to be able to go but I think probably not lol. If only the first show was one day earlier!

The actual show only runs for two weeks but even then the idea that they get 1800 bums on seats 14 times is extremely ambitious! If the demand for "real" (not Dancing on Ice) skating in the UK was that strong we'd still be getting Art on Ice here and they'd come to London... I wonder if the number of seats in the article is accurate. Or what the other plans are that are going to make it "like a concert" every night :rolleyes:

Is this venue going to be the Russian team "house"? I guess that might warrant their concerns about noisy activity every night.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  13. SandraMGfan

SandraMGfan Active Member

Just be aware that the dates have changed if you want to go, it's now only from the 28th July to 6th August. I had booked for the 9th and they called saying that it was a 'mistake' on the site (probably realized they wouldn't book the entire rink twice a day for 2 weeks...)

14. allezfred

Maybe some of the people from out of town will be. :shuffle:

15. mella

mella is lutz crazy!!!

:cheer2: Glad someone will go. I think it's great and am gutted I wont be around... I may be midway through drafting an email to friends and colleagues to let them know it's happening :shuffle:

Unfortunately it seems that not many Londoners are fussed about skating in general... :wuzrobbed:

16. zotza

zotza allergic to brainless skaters

Whee:cool:..I'll probably be visiting/moving (?) to London later this year but it feels bad to have missed Sheffield and now that one...
    I really want to see how Tikhonov is going to be in Basharov's place.

17. SHARPIE

SHARPIE Hapless Board Owner Staff Member

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/350048BDC5BB9FEF

Hosted during the Olympic Games in London.

18. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Sounds awesome but I object to calling D&V World or Olympic champions. :p

19. allezfred

I'm going while in London for the Olympics. Drobiazko/Vanagas will be my pee break. :p

SHARPIE and (deleted member) like this.
  20. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Please send reports starts tomorrow.:)

21. NONKO

NONKO Active Member

22. ostile17

ostile17 Well-Known Member

23. vivika1982

vivika1982 Well-Known Member

24. NONKO

NONKO Active Member

25. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Perhaps I should have gone as the streets of London are supposedly deserted :shuffle:

Any reviews please of the arena and show ?

26. NONKO

NONKO Active Member

27. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Thankyou NONKO :)

28. Ola

Ola New Member

29. Ola

Ola New Member

30. vivika1982

vivika1982 Well-Known Member