Sochi Olympics will test gay rights

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sugar, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

She's certainly nowhere near being a native speaker, but I think she has made her views on this matter very clear throughout the thread.

And I'm still not sure what this "propaganda" is, and how it could possibly affect anyone, except maybe to teach kids not to bully and fear their LGBT peers.

2. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

3. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

Shouldn't this thread be closed? It's way over 1000 posts. I don't know quite how to do it, while maintaining the continuity of the discussion. I am trying to avoid offending anyone by starting a new thread the wrong way (this is different from starting a new word game or songs game thread).

4. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

Lala, I think the concerns expressed outside of Russia are valid. There should not have been any discussion of gays or LGBT in general when it came to the Olympics, but it sounds like Russia does have these anti-gay laws. Naturally people and particularly gay athletes are nervous. May be you have a better view and understanding of the situation in your country, and sometimes people viewing from outside tend to exaggerate. I am just hoping that everyone will be safe and there will not be any focus on the lifestyles of the athletes in Sochi.

5. allezfred

allezfred Old and Immature Admin Staff Member

We've reached our limit. Feel free to start a new one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.