So You Think You Can Dance? - Season 9!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by kwanatic, May 24, 2012.

1. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I think I saw her in the Lion King dance.

2. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

Glad the best two won, but what a BORING show that was!

3. halffull

halffull The most wonderful time of the year :)

I loved this number :D Congrats to the winners, no surprise at all and I too thought it was a boring show :blah:

4. ross_hy

ross_hy Active Member

I've noticed that District 78 does a long of the songs on the show, at least the remixes. Anyone know more about them?

5. Evilynn

Evilynn ((Swedish skating dudes))

I guess it isn't a good sign I thought Tiffany did the couch number with Matt until I saw the finale and realized my error? :shuffle:

Happy with the winners, but there really weren't many dances that caught my attention this season. :(

6. pixie cut

pixie cut Well-Known Member

I remember how at the end of previous seasons I didn't want them to end. I would be happy if the final thread on this board would keep going so the season wasn't over. Now I'm just yawning. The producers need to find a way to revive this show...that is if the network doesn't cancel it.

7. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

They're a group of producers whose main job is pretty much SYTYCD. Nice gig if you can get it.

8. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

I thrilled for Chehon. I really thought the other guy would win, based on force of personality. I was thrilled that Chehon won.

9. Holley Calmes

Holley Calmes Well-Known Member

This year, I feel the opposite of how you feel. This is the first year I'm so happy with the winners. It seems my faves are always in the top 6 or 8 but never win, except for Jeanine. I've liked many of the winners, but I am really happy about this year's crop. I think the "barre" has been raised.

10. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

Alex Wong posted on Facebook that none of the Allstars were invited for the tour. Doesn't that take away most of the season's good dances? Or are they planning on replacing them?

11. Holley Calmes

Holley Calmes Well-Known Member

I'm bummed because for the first in a long while, I actually want to go to the tour. But for the first time ever in Atlanta, the show will be practically on the other side of the state. Atlanta is a very large city space-wise. It rambles. It's about an hour's drive from the old venue to the new one, and with traffic-perhaps even longer. But it's in a real theatre instead of an arena which doesn't seat nearly as many. Wonder what that says???? I guess the old venue (which isn't old agewise) was booked. It's in the same complex where we dance, and I know everybody in management. I'll find out what gives!

12. pixie cut

They've moved quite a few of the tour dates from arenas to theaters. I'd say that's a statement of anticipated ticket sales.

Also, I am very happy with this year's winners, but the season overall was not memorable outside of a few key performances...most of which involved Eliana. While I think Chehon is a good dancer, the only dance of his I want to see again is the Argentine Tango.

13. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I think they replace them.

14. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Has the show been renewed yet; or was this the final season of SYTYCD?

15. pixie cut

It hasn't been renewed yet, but this is very early. The announcement may not come until after the first of the year.

16. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

What did everyone thing about one girl and one guy winner? Do you think it should be continued?

17. star_gazer11

star_gazer11 practising choreo

I liked the two prizes, but I thought it unfair they kept a final four; a final six would have made sense to me. In previous seasons it was one prize between four contestants, and I think there was a season or two where there was a final six, for one prize? So odds-wise, not that fair in comparison to previous years.

Nigel kept saying the network wanted to start off with a top 16, so I wonder if having two prizes was decided before or after they picked the top 20.