So, What Are You Doing Tonight...?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by nubka, Dec 31, 2010.

1. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

What are you doing for New Year's Eve? It's 8 degrees outside right now, and I HATE the cold, so I'll be staying home tonight and hopefully playing some fun games with the family. Yes, I know I'm boring, lol !! :D

What about you?

WindSpirit and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

That doesn't sound boring at all! :D

Out to dinner with my family and then back to the house for games and Rockin' New Years Eve with Dick.

3. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

It is nice and warm in coastal Georgia on the last night of my vacation here. I think we're going to go to the pier and watch the fireworks on the neighboring island.

4. mmscfdcsu

mmscfdcsu Skating Pairs with Drew

Starting my Christmas shopping. :eek:

Rex and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

Going to a pajama party!

6. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

We have to go to my lunatic sister-in-law's New Year's Eve/B-Day party. We were informed there would be dinner. Then told an hour ago not to come until 9 and that there is no dinner. Now I have to plan dinner at home.

We were also told we are required to bring and wear slippers because we are not allowed to wear shoes and she doesn't want to turn the heat on in the basement and she doesn't like looking at people's socks.

Like I said---lunatic.

7. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

Today's my Mom's birthday :). We're going to see Narnia, then go out to eat somewhere not fancy, then to their house to watch the ball drop on tv. Just the family this year. Some years we go out for the whole dress up celebration thing, but out of the people we usually go out with, one couple is in Florida and the male part of the other couple passed away just before Christmas. :( We asked her if she wanted to join us but she's going to stay home with her daughter and grandkids.

8. Nan

Nan Just me

Next door with like-aged people from the neighborhood. Munchies and card games and board games. Early to bed and up early for work tomorrow.

9. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

Quiet New Year's for me too... staying at home playing board games with my hubby, my parents and my brother. I'm on call this weekend (media relations/communications for fire rescue) so no drinks or parties for me :(

10. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

Is it wrong of me that I'm excited you're seeing more relatives because I can't wait to read about the :eek::confused::mad::huh::yikes::rofl:

:shuffle:

11. pat c

pat c Well-Known Member

House party at the neighbors, pretty low key. Have a few drinks, play cards or a board game.

12. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

I'll be staying at home with my family and probably watch a couple of movies. :)

13. KatieC

KatieC On hold

A hot bath, good movie, good book - and peaceful house. Almost more than I could ask for. Maybe a mug of hot chocolate too. Happy 2011 :)

14. ilovepaydays

ilovepaydays Well-Known Member

Laying on the couch, watch TV, eat some chocolate. Will live it up with cosmos at midnight. :lol:

Happy 2011 everyone!!!! :)

15. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Staying IN....listening to all my Teena Marie music (and others), making my traditional New Years' Eve dinner...alone. And I prefer it that way. I smell my coca-cola ham cooking now.

16. DaveRocks

DaveRocks Well-Known Member

Diving into season 2 of "Six Feet Under" with Mr. DaveRocks. Got the entire series for Christmas -- we're hooked!

17. sk8pics

sk8pics Well-Known Member

I'm staying in, too. Made some orange cake (I'm going to freeze half of it) that I will frost and I'll have some of that for dessert. I also have some sparking wine that was a birthday (or maybe housewarming) present and I'm going to open that and drink a little of it. I don't know if I'll stay up 'til midnight. We'll see. I also rented Invictus and I'll watch that tonight. Still have some cleaning and other chores to do first, though. Oh, and I'll play the piano a while longer than usual, too.

18. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

It's below zero, I ain't going out. I'm not much for bars and getting blasted anyway. Maybe in the middle of summer when I have no classes and stuff and can just sleep it off the next day, but not right now.

I'll probably be getting the food ready for tomorrow's meal. The bullets (basically, meatballs with onions, salt, and pepper, rolled in flour) have to be made.

19. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I'm going to a Murder Mystery dinner party. I've never been to one before, so it should be interesting.

20. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

:swoon: Six Feet Under Season 2 is really good. That is still my favorite television drama series.

21. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

Working. Maybe will bring out some sparkling cider at midnight...

22. WindSpirit

WindSpirit OmnipresentAdmeanistrator

Staying in, hahaha. Unlike Christmas I don't feel the pressure to celebrate. Although I will have some wine. A friend of mine tried to make me guilty for staying home, but I said guess what? I don't care. :lol:

Happy New Year, everyone! :cheer2: I wish you all peace and happiness. xoxoxo

23. skatemommy

skatemommy Well-Known Member

Staying home, eating crab legs and avocado salad. Rockin' out with the other "Uncle Dick" ;) . Watching Michigan and Michigan State bowl games tomorrow (that are on at the same time per usual). Hopefully watching the demise of RichRod...

24. Smiley0884

Smiley0884 New Member

I'm working...FML! I cocktail waitress, and it's impossible to get the night off. I better make lots of money tonight :p

25. Bonita

Bonita Active Member

Wow, you all are making me not feel like such a dud. I am at the very least going out to dinner and having some vino! I guess the newest trend is staying in, at least according to my local paper. I miss our city's first night, which got canceled in 2007 due to the economy, it was local yokel but fun and close by.

26. made_in_canada

made_in_canada INTJ

I'm going out to play some pond hockey with a couple of really cool teenagers. Then I'll probably come home and go to bed...

27. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

Salt Lake City has a huge First Night every year, but we never go, cause it's just toooooooo cold (especially this year...:cold::cold::cold:)

28. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to a quiet, peaceful evening tonight. I will be alone, which is fine. I hope that the peace of this evening will carry over into 2011.

Everyone have a Happy (and safe) New Year and I hope you're all blessed with lots of love and prosperity.

29. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

I too would like a follow up report on PDilemma's evening with relatives!

My New Year's will not be as exciting - I will get together with friends Sat. I did the relative thing at Christmas it was good but left me exhausted.

30. nerdycool

nerdycool Well-Known Member

We'll be going to a friend's house, where they will serve dinner... more turkey! (groan) But at least I don't have to cook, so it's all good!

Then we'll probably play games and drink a lot. Just hope it doesn't snow tons. We're in a blizzard ATM, and have ultra-cold windchills, but it's actually not that bad in town. Hence us leaving the house.