Snowflakes for Sandy Hook

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by AragornElessar, Dec 21, 2012.

1. AragornElessar

AragornElessar New Member

I'm doing this as a separate thread, as I understand many of us are on overload information wise and just can't bring themselves to go into the other thread about this horrific event that took place almost a week ago...

I've pretty much stuck to CNN and they've been mentioning if you felt like wanting to do something, anything, to help the people of Newtown and Sandy Hook, to go to their Impact portion of their site and information could be found there about legitimate drives and/or organizations to contact. Well, out of all the stuff I could think of I might see over there, I didn't expect this...

National PTA ~ How you can help Sandy Hook and Newtown

The contact information can be found over there by following that link, not to mention other ideas and suggestions, but this one really got my attention. After all, who out there doesn't know how to make a paper snowflake? Not only that, but they're so light that if you do make some, the weight for postage shouldn't be that expensive. At least I think so, but very well could be wrong about that too. Anyway...

I've got a bunch of paper Dad picked up a few years ago thinking it would be okay for printing out stuff on the computer, and while it is blank, it's also foolscap length. So combing that and another packet of paper Mom got me once thinking it was computer paper and it wasn't, I turned the TV to AMC and made snowflakes while getting in my annual viewing of White Christmas.

While it sounds like such a simple thing, it's the simple things that make the most difference to someone at times like this. Also took away some of the feeling of utter helplessness I've been feeling since last Friday.

Anyway...I just thought I'd get this out there for those who might like to help make that building the Winter Wonderland for those Kids the PTA in the area and State wants to turn it into. We've got till January 13th to get the Snowflakes to them.

So start getting creative and remember not to cut too much away to the point you cut away one of your main folds like I did twice last night...Ooops!! :eek: