Skating to obscure music

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by LilJen, May 7, 2013.

1. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Okay, folks, help me out here. dh has challenged me to find someone who's skated to (1) Dream Theater (one of his favorite bands) or (2) Jethro Tull (probably his all-time favorite band). Anyone? Pleased to have already been able to supply him with Apocalyptica, Metallica, Edgar Meyer/Goat Rodeo Sessions, Muse, Fatboy Slim. Oh, and I just remembered an OK Go number (Wakamatsu/Fecteau).

(Okay, so some of these aren't so much obscure as just very unusual for skating music.)

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  2. falling_dance

falling_dance Ignoring for Satan

Re: Jethro Tull - I found this performance to "'Bourée". The audio isn't very good, however.

3. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

Jerhro Tull - "Skating Away" is popular at local competitions and exhibitions. They also use it to introduce their skater segments in one of the morning shows (Today or Good Morning America).

4. Clay

Clay Active Member

Ryan Jahnke, 2004-2005 season.

He skated on the GP that year and made that season.

5. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Thanks!! Couldn't find any Jahnke footage of JT (I assume it was his SP?). I can imagine "Skating Away" is popular. dh said "Aqualung" ("sitting on a park bench. . . " yeah, it's a real charmer!!). :lol:

6. aliceanne

If he likes heavy metal Styx performed on a Pandora skating special "Improv Ice". There are lots of vids on YouTube. The skaters had to improvise programs to Styx tunes. It was surprisingly good. It was one of those audience votes for the winner things. I think Johnny Weir won with "Grand Illusion".

7. quartz

quartz embracing my glorious mess

Elvis Stojko used Black Hole Sun, by Soundgarden as an exhibition piece.

8. moebius

moebius Well-Known Member

Laetitia Hubert skating to Dead Can Dance.
    Katarina Witt skating to Lemon Tree by Fool's Garden.

9. aliceanne

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  10. Simone411

Simone411 Do it while you still can!