Skating 'queen' Kim set to return (Threads merged)

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sugar, Dec 4, 2012.

1. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

Gosh, some of you just can’t get positive and reasonable. You just can’t waste any opportunity to put a negative slant on her personality, can you? Yu-Na is a reasonable, down-to-earth person just like any of us, maybe except you.

If I bother to go into details, she will be accompanied by two of her fellow Korean skaters including Jin-Seo Kim (who’s also participating in the event), an international judge representing KSF at the event, some officials, her manager, and the coaches of the athletes including two of hers. And FYI she does her own makeup and hairdo.

Lighten up, and enjoy her return. Like many of us here.

os168 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

3. os168

os168 Active Member

Wow you are obsessed, can't believe you bothered to type it all out. Perhaps you got her mixed up with some other skaters you are more familiar with Japanfan. Let's just watch the skating shall we?

4. a56

a56 New Member

Do you really need to insult the fans of skaters you don't like, bot? If you don't like a skater, which is perfectly fine, just don't post any comments there. Too difficult to understand?

5. Carolla5501

Carolla5501 Well-Known Member

Are you folks on the same message board. Standard FSU practice is to trash skaters you don't like. That is how you make skaters you do like look better.

Does it work? No

But it is not worth fighting. Either learn to ignore or use the ignore poster feature.

6. icellist

icellist Member

I believe part of the group are the two other Korean skaters.

Korean event coordinator
    2 Coaches (Yuna and Hojung share the same coach)
    3 skaters
    Stylist
    Bodyguard
    +other?

7. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

Calm down folks, it was just a joke. In my view the OP on an entourage of nine was rather tongue in cheek as well.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  8. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

Yu-Na's SP skating order: 31st (1st of Group 6). She will be on the ice around 15:10 (ECT, GMT+1) Saturday.

SBS and Fuji TV will cover it.

9. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

10. eyh201

eyh201 New Member

Her entourage includes...

2 coaches (Shin Hye-sook & Ryu Jong-hyeon)
    1 physiotherapist
    1 director of her agency
    2 Korean skaters including Jin-Seo Kim
    1 her mom
    1 someone I don't know

11. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

^ Thanks for clearing that up! Looks like Ho-Jung Lee dropped out of entry though.. hope it's not another injury.

12. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

l'etoile and (deleted member) like this.
  13. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

14. Shaia

Shaia Active Member

What an unbelievable performance after all that time off!! The music a bit hard to get into at first, but her jumps, dress, spins and choreography are just beautiful!! Good job!!!!

15. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Gettin' my sass out

I don't love the music but fantastic comeback performance! WOW! Lovely dress too.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  16. apatinar

apatinar Active Member

Ashley Wagner had better get that triple triple together to have any shot against Yu-Na!

17. naan

naan New Member

Wow, what a comeback! I really missed her skating! Everything was gorgeous! - huge jumps, lovely dress, choreography, music, and most of all, her skating! :swoon:

18. NadineWhite

NadineWhite Well-Known Member

Gorgeous! :kickass:

She honestly hasn't lost a thing, to come back and land a beautiful 3/3 like that is only comparable to Zhenya's comeback imho, when he landed a quad his first time out after being away for 3 years. I bow to the both of them.

Once again she's the one to beat, and rightfully so, she has it all. I haven't seen a female Olympic champion of this calibre since Oksana Baiul, whom also had it all, and more ~ presentation, artistry, charm, jumps, et al.

Here's hoping she becomes only the second female Olympic figure skater to repeat; the first being Katarina Witt. And if she stays in for the long haul I can honestly see her tieing Sonja Henie for the most gold medals ever won by a female figure skater at the Olympics *ever*! :cool:

19. ehdtkqorl123

ehdtkqorl123 New Member

After watching her skating today, *some* skaters must have been very disappointed by her strong skills and artistry.

20. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

I wish she had a more dramatic costume and makeup to go with that music. She looks so delicate and feminine when she steps on the ice and then she skates to that dark heavy music, it seems a little jarring. I think that is why some people say they can't get into the music. The choreography looks fine to me and she skates it well. I like a little drama on the ice.

21. Sugar

Sugar Well-Known Member

Yu Na 's sp is twice as exciting as anything I saw from the GPF.
    http://youtu.be/ATR6g__rqpI

Long live the queen!
    :glamor::glamor::glamor:
    the QUEEN has RETURNED.
    :glamor::glamor: :glamor:

22. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

23. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Only when Kween lets her be;) So excited for Yuna:saint:

kwanette and (deleted member) like this.
  24. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

Unlike Plushenko, Lysacek and Weir Yuna has a chance to make a comeback because she's still in her prime and since she hasn't skated hardly at all in nearly two years her body is worn out . She just needs to skate in more competitive events to be sharp. Is she going to skate at Worlds this year? I hope she also skates at 4CC too.

25. lakewood

lakewood Active Member

"My main goal today was to get at least 28 technical points, which are required now to be allowed to go to worlds again; therefore, I concentrated more on the technical aspect here and not so much on expression," Kim said. "I know that I have to work more on [adding] emotion in the future, but tomorrow, in the free skate, I will have less stress." She will add more drama in the future.

26. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

:huh: Speaking of Sonja Henie, she repeated twice. Witt was the second. Kim could very well be the third.

Maofan7 and (deleted member) like this.
  27. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Re-posting the following from the YNK news thread in the Trash Can:
    Kim Yu-na reigns on return to skating competition
    By CIARAN FAHEY, Associated Press
    http://www.newstimes.com/sports/art...-on-return-to-skating-competition-4101786.php

28. EricRohmer

EricRohmer New Member

29. EricRohmer

EricRohmer New Member

"Rather than being nervous, I looked forward to the competition and there wasn't too much pressure for me because it was a small competition."

"That's how I felt up to this morning practice but, in the warm up, I got tense and felt the nerves while performing."

"My legs were shaking at certain moments.(laugh)"

"I was nervous but prepared, so I tried to get the job done with every element. I had one scary moment but, overall, I'm satisfied."

"My objective was to get the minimum TES, so I'm glad I'm already halfway to the goal line."

"Rather than my total score, I was focused on getting good TES and so my mind was keep telling me that I shouldn't make mistakes."

"Because I played not a vampire but a leading lady who is bitten, I think people might not feel stronger than they expected. I tried to express the complicating feelings denying temptation but falling into them at the same time."

"Because of being first competition, I don't remember how I performed.(laugh) I guess it will require yet time to be able to express well."

http://sports.news.nate.com/view/20121209n00360

30. Dyu

Dyu New Member

Thank you for translation. I love it.