Skating Pants?? Women

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by babbyrabbit, Dec 6, 2010.

1. babbyrabbit

babbyrabbit Active Member

What are your favorite brands of pants to skate in? I have tried a lot of different pants for my daughter and most sag in the crotch. The Se_ku we borrowed from a friend to try and fit AWESOME! But ouch on the price tag..

What fits you best and where do you get it? Any custom pants makers out there?

2. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

Freda B does make custom skating pants.

I wear "yoga pants" to skate in, because I'm an adult and no longer as svelte as I was when I was a hot young thing. I get mine from Land's End. They're really comfortable, stretchy, not too baggy but not so tight that it shows all your lumps and bumps, and importantly for skating, they aren't too long.

3. jp1andonly

jp1andonly Well-Known Member

lululemon....but they are $$$

4. Clarice

Clarice Active Member

I like Chloe Noel, but they're not cheap either. I've used different brands of running pants, and they've been comfortable enough, but they're too short for me. I prefer my leggings long enough to pull down over my boots.

5. southernskater

southernskater New Member

I like the Under Armour leggings. They are pricey too, but they are super warm!

6. babbyrabbit

babbyrabbit Active Member

Clarice I agree. I like them to go over the heel of the boot or to me they look to short. but i guess that is a tall persons opinion. We are used to things being short and annoyed by it! :)

I do like the chloe noel! And they arent too bad on price. There is way worse price wise out there. but length and width wise they are still too short for my daughter!

you would think there would be more out there for tall skinny skaters!! lol

7. LLOS

LLOS New Member

Me too! When buying over ebay they are not to expensive. But I also sew my pants myself so they fit perfectly :D I wear them over the under armour leggings.

8. backspin

backspin Active Member

I wear yoga pants from Lucy, which come in tall sizes which I need. They also seem to be made of fabric titanium, because I've had them for YEARS and they don't wear out! They last better than any other brand I've ever had. I have 4 pairs of them! :D

ETA--if you watch their website, you can sometimes catch them on sale for a significant discount.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  9. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I love Under Armour Frosty tights for when the rink is cold, they are too warm for the summer though. For the summer, I wear cotton leggings from Target ($5 in the kids section)- they are just long enough for me (5'0") to pull over the heel of my boots- and super comfortable.

The only problem with the cotton leggings is they stay wet if I fall in a puddle.

10. viennese

viennese Well-Known Member

The Under Armour leggings (like sturdy running tights) are very durable and have survived many crashes and slides across the ice).

I also practice in yoga pants, boot cut, with tights underneath, but only for shorter sessions in warmer rinks. There aren't many of those.

11. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

I have some Seku and they are great but they got holes in them the first time I wore them. I won't spend $90 on that again.

Chloe Noel makes a very similar style for about $60.

I'm on the cheap side, however, and Victoria's Secret makes some good leggings. If you order the "long" size, they go a bit over the boot (like the Lululemons) and look really nice for about $12.

I wouldn't wear any type of yoga pants - way too easy to catch a toe pick and go flying.

12. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

I wear the Under Armour leggings ("frosty tight"), as do most of the kids I skate with, and they work well. I used to wear the Capezio leggings and really liked them, but then Capezio stopped making skating attire. My leggings did get a hole in them, from my blade when things went a little haywire during a BO 3-turn....but better my leggings than my leg, lol. The hole doesn't seem to be getting any bigger, and it's right at the ankle where it stretches over the boot. I'll probably wear them until the spring and then get a new pair....I'm a bit paranoid that the laces will fall through the hole and I'll catch on them or something.

13. Doubletoe

Doubletoe Well-Known Member

FYI, Se_ku is having a 20% off sale until December 24 on their website http://www.sekuskatewear.com/09pants.html
    You just need to enter the access code Holi10 at checkout. Also, they offer free shipping on orders of $100 or more.
    I wear Se_ku leggings/pants all the time and mine have not gotten holes in them. I find them to be much sturdier than standard leggings.

14. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I've never caught a toe pick on pants, but I've pulled my pants down twice by catching the blade during a backspin. (And midway through the spin I'm trying to decide if I should just fall, or if I should try to unhook the blade- I hate falling, so I always go for unhook, which is how to pants get pulled down, and then I have to fall anyway, because otherwise they'd go all the way down!) i've also caught the blade while doing crossovers.

Oh, I take that back- I did catch my toe pick once, but it wasn't while skating- it was in an ending pose for synchro, crouched onto the ice. I couldn't stand back up because my pants were caught- thankfully someone else noticed, and stayed crouched down until I managed to get it uncaught, so the team didn't skate off without me.

I will never skate in pants that aren't tight around my ankle or heel of my boot though. Our synchro pants always freak me out (moot now, because the team no longer exists :()

I did have one problem with the frosty tights- the bottom of the seam ripped the first time I put them on and split all the way up to the thigh! EEK! The store returned them no problem, and other pairs have had no issue, but I always put fray check on the seams where my blade will catch in a backspin, just in case.

15. Integrity

Integrity Active Member

Same thing happened to mine after a few weeks, but I have a fleece jacket from Se Ku that I love and it's been very durable.

I have a few Lululemons. One pair has a large flare the other is just a slight flare. I have gotten my pick caught in the large flare doing dance and synchro. I no longer use that pair for dance or synchro :)

16. wouldacoulda

wouldacoulda Active Member

I have had good luck with Danskin pants - I often find them on sale at various department and discount stores. Good fit, good stretch, no sagging, and they last forever.

17. flo

flo New Member

The crotch on the Chloe Noel pants is like the crotch on pantyhose (there is a small piece of fabric in the crotch). This makes the pants fit snug with no crotch sagging! They sell for about $60

18. Wiery

Wiery Well-Known Member

Sugoi subzero tights are the warmest tights I've ever worn-they're even warmer than under armour coldgear. Expensive, but worth it!

19. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Another vote for Lands' End yoga pants. The legs aren't too wide, they're cut nicely, and they're reasonably priced.

20. sk8lady

sk8lady New Member

I have lululemon and Seku skating pants. They're comfortable and look good, but both have a slight flare which I sometimes catch with my heel--actually tore a huge hole in the Sekus days before yesterday being a little too enthusiastic exiting a front-to-back scratch. If you can cope with the occasional fall they're great.
    lululemon used to make a "fit pant" with an extremely tiny flare which was great for skating, but was unfortunately discontinued.
    I also have Seku leggings but they were waaaay too long and bunched up all up and down my thighs, which are not small to begin with! I eventually attempted a not-very-successful alteration and then gave up on them.