Skating Mommaz from Hell

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Ziggy, May 6, 2010.

1. jlai

jlai Title-less

I think I can guess which pair. :)

Thanks for sharing your stories. I did go "no wonder..." after the phone call. Anyway, no need to apologize. Now we have stories to share should we meet at a competition! ;)

2. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

Above two posts, I don't understand why you had to pay for anything for this woman. What kind of competition was it, that there was an entry fee? I know it wasn't Nationals, because the chaperone gets a free pass to all events. And any regional or sectional I've been to, parents (at least) don't pay).

And what kind of person would behave like that after you extended such a kindness?

3. jlai

jlai Title-less

Well, the kind of person that belongs in this discussion. ;)

4. mrr50

mrr50 Well-Known Member

My mother was a pianist. Extremely talented, classically trained at a well-known conservatory. She married and back then, she didn't have a chance to achieve her dream.

I was born when she was older, more focused. I was musically talented. She decided to teach me. IT WAS HELL.

I saved myself by choosing to pursue an instrument she couldn't play. My college scholarship was in instrumental music so I did have talent, but I decided I didn't want to chance becoming my mother. I changed my major.:lol:

5. Holley Calmes

Holley Calmes Well-Known Member

Why, yes. Send me a message and I'll give you my personal email so you can send your tales of woe. I love me a good nasty mom-bitch-from-hell stage mother story, whether the stage is wood or ice.

6. avivadawn

avivadawn Well-Known Member

The events mentioned above occurred at a ISU event.

7. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

Oh, aviva, I remember that. :wall:

Fun times, eh? I had to leave before the hissy fit, thank God. :lol:

I mostly just see lots of the skater mamas from hell with the itty bitty girls, yelling at them. :angryfire

8. KateLeTangerine

KateLeTangerine New Member

^^

Is not knowing who that is killing anyone else as well? I love a good "skating mommaz" story, but even more so when it's high level, instead of just my rink.

My favourite story? A mum calling her daughter a "stubborn cow" and then refusing to let her have any fruit juice, because "we have to monitor your sugar levels" and then making her run through her program multiple times. This was on her NINTH birthday! Urgh.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Because doing multiple program run-throughs without any blood sugar to provide energy is such a great idea...

Somebody call the child protection services! :scream:

10. Ania

Ania Active Member

My mom teaches middle school math in Moscow, Russia. She could have written this paragraph. One thing she would add is: parents showing up drunk before the start of the first lesson to argue about grading (Ok, it happened only once but I'm still :yikes:)
    Sorry for the thread drift, but this paragraph really hit a chord!

11. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

deleted

12. reckless

reckless Well-Known Member

About a young skater who was going to be the "next big thing" for the US. She did a guest appearance at a touring skating show, skated beautifully, and got a great applause. Backstage, after the show, people were going up to her mother and telling her how wonderful her daughter was. All the mother said was "Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy."