Skating Camps...information needed.

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by FSWer, Apr 28, 2012.

1. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Say,I was thinking of either going to a Skating Camp,or taking more lessons. However...I don't know ANYTHING about what goes on at a Skating Camp. Besides Skating..what you do,and what a Day is like,etc. If anyone knows anything,please post the info. here. Thanks.

2. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

What camp are you looking at? they are all different.

The seminar I went to we did off ice exercise, then a lot of skating. There was a dinner with dancing. The next day we did off ice and more skating.

It was really hard because I had never skated so much in one day. But tons of fun.

3. Clarice

Clarice Active Member

If you have to choose between going to a camp and taking more lessons, I would choose the lessons. A camp only lasts a few days at most, but the lessons would go on for weeks. I think you would learn more. It's also harder to find camps for low-level adult skaters. They're fun, though, if you're able to find something. I think there's a summer camp of some kind planned for your rink, but it looks like it's meant for more advanced skaters.

4. TheGirlCanSkate

TheGirlCanSkate New Member

every camp is different. Some have testing available during the session, some do lots of off ice, dance etc. My daughter thinks camps feel like cramming a lot within a few days and she likes the friendships and meeting new coaches but the skating part is likely to be forgotten because her coaches have their own teaching techniques.

We will probably opt for more private lessons and freestyles instead of camp. If I win the lotto though, she can do both! :D