Skating and Gymnastics Spectacular, Sunday Jan. 9 on NBC

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by HisWeirness, Jan 7, 2011.

1. HisWeirness

HisWeirness LYUBOV HAS BEEN FREED!

The Progressive Skating and Gymnastics Spectacular will be shown this Sunday, January 9 from 4pm - 6pm ET on NBC (check your local listings ;)).

More info: http://www.nbcumv.com/mediavillage/...s/2011/01/06/olympicgoldmeda1294346289945.xml

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Skate Talker

Skate Talker Well-Known Member

Sadly doesn't sound too interesting to me personally.

manleywoman and (deleted member) like this.
  3. ryanbfan

ryanbfan New Member

I went to the show, and while the gymnatics routines (like Nastia's) weren't too entertaining, the men who did the rings, the bars, etc. were UNBELIEVABLE. I was soo impressed. If you watch it for anything, watch it for them!

4. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

watched it last year-trash! Lets get Nasti Liukin and then two guys to carry her around the ice! Entertaining!

5. SwingDancer

SwingDancer New Member

Is Sasha Artemev going to be in this? He is hot!!!

6. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

A different side of Alissa in this routine.

7. skamper23

skamper23 New Member

Looking forward to seeing Denney & Barrett! Men on the bars- routine was impressive!

8. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

I like this program for Jeremy & Caydee. They need to skate to something fun where they can show off their power and energy. Nice to see Jeremy smiling and enjoying himself out there! :D

I've all ready seen way too much of Lonestar. Give me the skating and gymnastics darn it. :mad:

9. ryanbfan

ryanbfan New Member

They didn't sing much during the actual show, so after this intermission you should be seeing less of them.

10. HeatherC

Thanks for the info. I don't mind their music; I just hate how they do these shows when there's live music. We never see much of the action on the ice or apparatus. :(

11. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Is Charlie's hair shorter?

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  12. ryanbfan

ryanbfan New Member

I totally understand, and feel the same way. I felt like I saw maybe 5% of Ryan's Dirty White Boy during Improv-Ice.

and yes, I believe Charlie had shorter hair during the show.

13. HeatherC

Meryl & Charlie just made me smile. That was great! :D

This show is making me anxious for US Nationals with all the eligible skaters performing in it, LOL :lol:

14. ryanbfan

ryanbfan New Member

Courtney/Courtney's next routine is really cool. I loved that.

Did they already show the boys doing Boom Boom Pow? It's AMAZING.

15. skamper23

skamper23 New Member

Mike Weiss actually skated to "I'm Already There" on the SOI tour about 3 years ago! I'm sure he was thrilled to skate to it being performed live!

16. HeatherC

Courtney and Courtney are on right now but that other routine with the boys hasn't aired yet. I love Courtney Kupets. She's one of my fave gymnasts and she looks fantastic out there. :cheer:

17. ryanbfan

ryanbfan New Member

They just showed the preview for Boom Boom Pow. Watch!

and Hollie's and Rachael's upcoming routines do not involve Lonestar.

18. HeatherC

Hollie Vise!!!!! Love her! I'm so glad she had a solid college career at Oklahoma after the disappointment of not making the Olympic team in 2004. She is too cute. :cheer:

19. HeatherC

It's probably just me but I've really enjoyed Rachael in this show. The second number to the Glee mashup "Halo/Walking on Sunshine" was really cute and I liked her other number too. Her outfits were really nice too and very flattering on her. She also looked like she was having fun. I hope she can carry that over to US Nationals. :)

20. ryanbfan

ryanbfan New Member

BOOM BOOM POW IS ON! EVERYONE WATCH

21. hirshey girl

hirshey girl Well-Known Member

That was just WOW!!

22. HeatherC

That was a very cool high bar routine! :cheer2:

23. ryanbfan

ryanbfan New Member

Lol, thank god you guys are impressed. I got my friend on facebook to watch it and she was like "eh.. I dunno"

and I'm just like "ARE YOU KIDDING ME"

24. HeatherC

The high flying stuff on high bar is always enjoyable to me, especially when it's in competition and the pressure is so high to not fall off! That was a fun routine and that person may just not be a fan, LOL :lol:

Evan isn't wearing all black!! :eek:

25. Bonita

Bonita Active Member

Horrible in terms of skating, fast-forwarded through everything that was done with the band. I remember when this was my favorite special...sigh....I don't mind the broken up skating surface as much as the never showing the skaters. I didn't even watch Davis/White and I'm an ice dancer for Pete's sake....Just too many interruptions.

The gymnastics parts were good at least, although Nastia did much of nothing other than show off her spray tan. I don't know which Courtney is which, but the one in the long sleeves was really great, does she still compete?

Holly Vise looked great, what a blast from the past.

I loved the guy gymnastics, hunk central.

At least they showed Alissa in her entirety, fun number for her.

And the constant promos...I guess it pays the bills, but I can't picture tiny Nastia or Alissa chugging down breakfast at Subway every day. I don't think they'd keep her girlish figures long, LOL.

26. CzakoFan

CzakoFan Many kisses

I usually don't like this show (too many cooks in the kitchen), but this year's was a dandy. Awesome music by Lonestar, Alissa Czisny in perhaps her sexiest TV performance ever, plus some great gymnastics that really seemed to go with the music this time. Liked it almost as much as the Foreigner Improv show earlier in the season.

27. Sasha'sSpins

Sasha'sSpins Well-Known Member

I missed it (had to work and I had no way to record it). Someone posted the Nastia floor routine on youtube-I like the music and at least Nastia isn't posing as much. I hope more videos pop up especially the skating.

28. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I'm confused how this show was any worse than previous incarnations. It was as bad as usual. I wished there was more Lonestar and less gymnastics, though. I cannot take the gymnastics seriously.

29. hirshey girl

hirshey girl Well-Known Member

My daughter (lower level competitive gymnast) asked me when Nastia was actually going to do some gymnastics. :lol: Have to say that I enjoyed watching the male gymnasts though. :D

30. Alexa5

Alexa5 Member

I wondered about Nastia too...most of the time she just pranced around or did a cartwheel at most. I was seriously wondering why she was there. The men gymnasts did really well though--they brought some of their skills.

I actually kind of liked Rachel this time around too... As for Alissa, is she skinnier than normal, or was it the outfit/hair. She just looked different, and in some ways she seemed thinner.