Skaters who teach Learn to Skate Classes.

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by FSWer, Apr 7, 2012.

1. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Say,I was wondering how many Skaters we know of that actually teach Learn to Skate Classes? I know Amanda Evora teaches a Learn to Skate Class. Dwe know of anybody else?

2. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Do you mean competitive skaters? Because it would be pretty hard to teach a Learn to Skate class if you didn't know how to skate yourself :lol:

3. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Yes

4. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

5. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

It was after he retired, but I took group lessons from Andy Seitz. He is a very good coach.

6. ChibiChibi

ChibiChibi Active Member

I know many National and International level skaters who teach Learn to Skate classes, and in turn they get free ice at the rink they work.

7. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

I teach a learn to skate class though I mainly work with skaters who are at national/world level (roller sorry, not ice). I hate getting students who don't have good basics which is why I teach beginners. Habits are so hard to break so if they get the right technique from the beginning it's much easier for any coach to get a better finished result. My favourites to teach are beginning adult skaters as we always have such fun in the classes, and they understand things so much better. Plus I get to be a bit naughtier with them, I keep telling the women to "point your lady-garden where you want to go".

8. misskarne

misskarne #ForzaJules #KeepFightingMichael

I know that Plushenko often does the littlies' Learn to Skate lessons at Mishin's summer camps. They adore him, he adores them, and somewhere along the line they get shown how to skate by an Olympic champion.

9. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Same here, or the club they belong to gives them free ice time in exchange for their teaching (if the club doesn't own the rink).