Skaters that have appeared in movies

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Vash01, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Blair

Blair New Member

I only recall one of Michelle's cameos on the Simpsons, but it was priceless! Her best line is when she's shown on the lower deck of a boat and asked by a basketball player (also doing a cameo...I can't remember who) if she has a boyfriend...to which she responds "Not in here, I don't."

She says it so dryly and confidently, it cracks me up every time!

2. Blair

Blair New Member

^ The episode is from season 16 when Homer opens a Showboating Academy and teaches Michelle a victory dance.

3. Blair

Blair New Member

I just rewatched...I should add that in the episode Homer was doing a biblical Super Bowl half-time show and Michelle was on the field inside Noah's Ark.

4. vivika1982

vivika1982 Well-Known Member

This must've been inspirational for Plushy. :lol:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1279969/

5. sbanet

sbanet Well-Known Member

:scream:

My secret wish is for Averbukh and Zhulin to make a feature length film with their current troupe of Ice Age skaters.

In the meantime, I have been locating (and processing) voidy footage from a few European films featuring Euros/Worlds skaters from the 1950s-1960s. (In a few days I'll post those in the Show Skating thread, as there will be links to the :inavoid: visuals.)

6. Eeyora1

Eeyora1 New Member

Didn't Kristi Yamaguchi have a cameo in D2 the Mighty Ducks sequel?

7. Twizzler

Twizzler Well-Known Member

Joelle Forte appeared in an episode of Sesame Street.

(what can I say, I have a young child!!)

8. Betta42

Betta42 New Member

yes she did! :D

and i realize that Blades of Glory has been said a number of times, but how come David Pelletier and Jamie Salé haven't been mentioned yet for it? :confused: i am sooo watching that movie tonight lol its one of our favourite Will Ferrell movies :cheer2: