Skaters dating skaters (or athletes)

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by johndockley92, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Fashionista

Fashionista New Member

No, Totmynina was nowhere near Yagudin after SLC. They started to date during the first Averbukh tour which happened right after Turin Olympics. She dumped Plushenko who quickly switched to his nowdays wife. Tatyana actually mentioned in some of her interviews that for some time after their breakup Plushenko didn't want to communicate with her as long as disappointment was still there but things became better with time.
    And then, yes, there were some wobbly relationships with Yagudin when at some point they broke off and during this time he dated his celebrity partner from TV show.

2. ciocio

ciocio Active Member

OK, thanks, I knew about her affair with Plushenko but I've heard they didn't talk to each other because T/M left Plushy's show, the break up didn't cause great disappointment to none of them and they reconciliated fast, indeed.
    I think she was smart to dump Vasiliev!;)

3. Wiery

Wiery Well-Known Member

I can't wait 'till it's my turn to date fedor...:swoon:

4. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

I knew about her relationship with Plushenko because of the show drama, but I thought Yagudin was before, not afterwards or the reason.

I've read here that Yagudin had a relationship with Kyoko Ina when they were on tour for SOI.

Yagudin was also involved with the ballerina Alina Somova at some point. There was an interview in which he talked about how physically hard sex was, because each of them was always hurting somewhere.

5. Fashionista

Fashionista New Member

Seriously? With Somova? Interesting.
    I wonder with whom he didn't have an affair. Yagudin is Russian Fedor.
    Wait, Fedor is also Russian. Oh well.

6. eurodance2001

eurodance2001 Active Member

WHERE is this interview???? :hat1:

7. DaiKozOda

DaiKozOda Active Member

Elena Berezhnaya and Steven Cousins. They already have two kids.
    Jenni Meno and Todd Sand are also married.

8. demetriosj

demetriosj Well-Known Member

9. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

I thought that interview was with/about Anastasia Gorshkova?

10. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

I'm searching and haven't found a link yet to either woman, but I'm coming across some interesting threads. I had forgotten that Tkachenko was Gorshkova's partner, and equatorial posted this in 2007:
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1558683&postcount=924

Maybe it was Gorshkova, not Somova, and that injuries were the reason he was less than spectacular :) I keep thinking of the scene in the movie "Shoppen" where one of the women tries to seduce the yuppie guy on his high-design chair, and his back won't co-operate.

It seemed like Russian tabloids reported that he was going to marry every Russian women he dated for more than three months, and whenever he said they weren't getting married but were happily dating, the tabloids wrote that they had broken up.

Still searching for the link...

11. johndockley92

johndockley92 New Member

Jessica Calalang and Zack Sidhu are dating.

12. volotrankov

volotrankov New Member

good thread!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  13. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

14. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Johnny Weir is married, he is the only skater in a same sex marriage who is competing. Rudy has been out of the closet forever but seems to prefer to keep private who he is dating. Matt Savoire was in the closet while competing but came out when he announced his marriage. In a perfect world an athlete could talk about their sexual preference without fear of retribution from judges or spectators.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  15. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

Maybe it's cuz they're both really skinny.

16. sk8ingcoach

sk8ingcoach Active Member

Not sure if these have been said but

Amelie Lacoste and Mervin Tran are dating

Also Alexa scimeca and Chris kneirim are dating as well as pairs

17. leafygreens

18. reese

reese Well-Known Member

19. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

^^ I don't know about dating gossip, but I think D/C already demonstrate a "deep connection" on the ice. They need to work on other aspects of their overall skating.

shan and (deleted member) like this.
  20. leafygreens

Because they are holding hands like lovers.

21. leafygreens

The magazine just arrived and there are more photos in the article, of Denny and Coughlin hugging, holding hands, and their faces almost touching (these are off-the-ice photos of them in casual clothes). Pairs who are friends do not act like this off the ice. I wish people would stop denying that they are a couple.

22. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Why do you give a cock-a-doodle-doo?

23. rayhaneh

rayhaneh Active Member

Actually some do. Different people act in different ways and have different ways of expressing physical affection - some will hardly ever touch you, some will be all over you even if you're "only" best friends

Anyway, whether they are a couple or not:

Exactly :lol:

24. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

Dmitri Soloviev has divorced with his wife and is now with Ksenia Stolbova
    Ekaterina Bobrova is now single, has broken up with Zhan Bush ( I think they have a 5 years age gap with Bobrova being older ( she is 25 years old ? )

25. leafygreens

The same reason that this thread has reached 12 pages.

Look, I realize that people don't want to believe it, because they got together when she was 17. But they are together, deal with it. I am completely neutral about them, am not a fan or a hater, so I have no reason to be in denial about their relationship.

26. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with denial. Until they publically come out and say one way or another, you are just pissing in the wind.

27. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

Um, no.

28. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

FSU is always filled with speculation and gossip. Volosozhar/Trankov and Ilinykh/Morozov, for example, have not publicly come out as couples to my knowledge, but it's well accepted here that they are based on people observing similar interactions to what leafygreens described. I'm not sure if Denney/Coughlin are dating or not, and I probably wouldn't word it as "they have taken in public" if they haven't outright stated it, but I don't see a problem with people believing they are dating based on these gestures.

29. volotrankov

volotrankov New Member

Are volosozhar/Trankov a couple off the ice, or just rumors?

30. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Never confirmed by them officially to my knowledge, but it's one of those very accepted rumors that's taken as 99.9% true, based on reports from competitions.