Skaters dating skaters (or athletes)

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by johndockley92, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

What do people mean about Stanislav not being a trained coach? I know a lot of the Russian skaters go to sports school to get some kind of certificate... not sure if there were such schools in Ukraine where V&M trained. But my understanding was that Stas has a lot of coaching experience. He retired after 2002 and I think he was coaching in Galina Kukar's group but came out of retirement to skate with Tatiana. She has also referred to him being her partner/coach/lover even while they were skating together, and I'm sure he also helped out with some of the younger pairs.

2. Lis

Lis Active Member

No I don' t have a video of that, I saw it live, sitting rather close were he was watching.

3. gruber

gruber New Member

Yes, at least what Alban Préaubert (new commentator for Eurosport France) said during Verner's performence last week, and the other commentator - Philippe Pélissier who was as usual tough with Verner' skating, suddenly become nicer to Verner after that announcement.

Another international couple - Lu Chen and Denis Petrov (from Beshke/Petrov) - married now (btw Beshke-Petrov married and later divorced)

4. mia joy

mia joy New Member

off topic, but I was so thrilled to see Alban in Nice as a Eurosport commentator! Good for him!

re: Tomas and Nathalie - his facebook is rather clear about them still being together ;) she's definitely one lucky girl, Tomas is such a great guy. Also she gets to skate with Fabian, so she's double lucky. No fair! :p

5. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

My cousin (A skating fan for five years) can't tell Anna Cappellini & Nathalie Pechalat apart.
    But he fancies them both :lol:

6. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Erm, they don't even look that much alike. Anna is taller and curvier and has darker hair and lighter skin than Nathalie. But, they are both very pretty :).

Poor Nathalie, she must get a heart attack every time Tomas skates, one never knows what to expect with him...

7. IceIceBaby

IceIceBaby Member

Have you seen the tweets and pictures that Maxim and Tatiana are sending from their holiday cottage? They get me suspicious, especially the one where Tatiana is sitting half naked in front of the fire place. I bet Maxim took that picture. Are they together there or is Stanislav with them??

8. Nekatiivi

Nekatiivi Well-Known Member

Apperently Maxim and Tatiana have been dating for a while. She is no longer together with Stanislav.

9. ilovenyc

ilovenyc Member

I was also looking their photos and they only have photos of each other. They are cute together but i feel bad for Stanislav.

10. eurodance2001

eurodance2001 Active Member

BEYOND CUTE.. they are HOT... I was actually hoping they would get together off ice when I saw them get together on ice..

11. ilovenyc

ilovenyc Member

Hopefully they will also stay together so that it doesn't affect their skating since they have this amazing charisma both on and off the ice :)

12. IceIceBaby

IceIceBaby Member

I feel bad for Stanislav, too! I don't understand how he is able to coach them anymore? Imagine, everyday going to the rink and staring at your ex-girlfriend and her new lover. It is beyond depressing, no wonder he looked so sad at the Kiss&Cry during the Worlds. :(

julieann and (deleted member) like this.
  13. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

Where are these pictures?

14. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

Stanislav should ask Maria Mukhortova on a date. :EVILLE: And bring her to the rink every day.

15. IceIceBaby

IceIceBaby Member

16. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

^ Thank you!

17. Yukari Lepisto

Yukari Lepisto Active Member

So Maksim dumped his gf for 11+ years, Tatiana dumper her bf for many years and also who sacrificed so much for her.. I know it's their right and freedom to do whatever they want, but I just can't understand why some people are actually HOPING that they'd become together off ice.. JMO

18. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

YES :lol:

19. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Hasn't he suffered enough ;)

Braulio and (deleted member) like this.
  20. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

If Maxim has dumped his long-term gf for Tatiana then he ain't that much better than Maria. Who people have trashed for her relationship.
    This is turning into a soap opera :watch:

julieann and (deleted member) like this.
  21. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Mukhortova had a relationship their coach, and that, according to Trankov, directly impacted their training and programs.

Who gets trashed here tends to be related to popularity. Tomas Verner had a long-term relationship that he ended, and I don't remember anyone trashing him for starting a new one with Natalie Pechalat.

22. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

Relationships do end. Most of the skaters are still very young, and if you have started a relationship whe you are still in your teens, things might get different when you grow up. Your wiew of life and values do change.

Still, I feel for Stanislav Morozov. But we don´t know the details, so we can only speculate (which I love to do...).

23. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

They didn't get along long before Oleg was in the picture, unless she was sleeping with Moskvina too. :yikes:

Truer words have never been spoken.

24. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

From all reports, that is true, but they wouldn't be the first personally dysfunctional team. I think that Trankov would have had a problem with Vasiliev's coaching no matter what, because Vasiliev spoke about being the end of the line of "manufactured" Soviet teams, and that seems to have been his approach with Totmianina/Marinin as well (along with the relationship with the woman on the team), and that doesn't sit well with creative types. Marinin's artistic potential were fulfilled in the "Bolero" series.

It gets complicated when the coach is in a relationship with one of the team members. That's especially true when the third party feels like there's a conflict of interest and he or she is second banana. Zhulin said that he tried so hard to be fair that Navka felt he he was siding with Kostomarov. It's an interesting balance.

While it's still a complicated workplace situation, Morosov can detach if he needs to. He's not one of the skaters, who has to leave and break up the partnership. The big contribution he made to Volosozhar/Trankov was in forging the team and has born fruit -- translating Trankov's technique to the big pairs elements -- and I suspect he isn't really focused on the artistic side. I can't imagine that he couldn't focus on other teams in Mozer's rink or that another coach would not want to hire him for his or hers.

I do understand that relationships end, especially those started when young. I just wish Morosov didn't look so sad :(

25. cailuj365

cailuj365 Well-Known Member

Is that why Max decided to take Tatiana for himself once Stanislav became their coach? :p Kidding.

I feel bad for Stanislav and Max's gf too, but even long-term relationships aren't impervious to all things. It happens. And uh, well, I think V/T look pretty cute together. :shuffle: Can't say I didn't see it coming, and they do seem happy together. I just hope nothing bad happens that would affect their skating partnership.

26. babayaga

babayaga Active Member

I feel bad for Stanislav too. So far, I only read great things about him and I have lots or respect for him. He seems to be dealing with this situation with dignity, too. Hope he has a bright coaching carrier and much happiness in his life :)

27. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

Latest one: Viktor Pfeifer and Lynn Kringkrairut (?)
    Source: his facebook

28. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

^Wow, that couple brings even more pretty than usual.

29. Yukari Lepisto

Yukari Lepisto Active Member

wow! is viktor moving to detroit? or this will be long distance hehe lol... cute couple!!

Lynn dated Charlie White for a short period of time too

30. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Okay, nobody has mentioned Aliona and Ingo yet. They are still on, right?