Skaters dating skaters (or athletes)

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by johndockley92, Mar 3, 2012.

1. ryanbfan

ryanbfan New Member

Am I allowed to ask why Amanda and Jeremy broke up?

And Darrell, they were engaged. I think they got engaged Christmas 2011.

2. vivika1982

vivika1982 Well-Known Member

I hope it's a bad joke.

On serious note :
    Isabelle Delobel and Ludovic Roux /former French Nordic combined skier/

Marie-France Dubreuil and Patrice Lauzon

Andrey Bukin and Elena Vasiuk who is former ice dancer as well as his first wife Olga Abankina

Alexander Svinin and Irina Zhuk

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  3. Johnny_Fever

Johnny_Fever New Member

I blame the elimination of figures. Back in my day, skaters were of age.

Poggi and (deleted member) like this.
  4. aemeraldrainc

aemeraldrainc Active Member

5. ildah

ildah New Member

Tessa Virtue's dating Ryan Semple (Canadian downhill skier)

6. triple_toe

triple_toe Well-Known Member

Is her sister still dating David? :saint:

7. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

Elena Ilinykh and Nikolai Morozov (apparently)
    :yikes: :scream:

8. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Where in the world are people getting this from? She's dating NIKITA, don't you notice how they are always kissing and all over each other after they skate at competitions? Morozov maybe wishes he was dating Elena, but she's not even 18 yet, I highlyy doubt there is anything going on. Plus that would be super awkward for Nikita, getting dumped so Elena can date their coach :yikes::blah:

9. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

They are getting it from much more reliable sources than your adolescent "shipping" :rolleyes:

10. pinky166

So they are actually dating? How come she's still so lovey dovey with Nikita then? Is that just the way Russians are?

11. triple_toe

triple_toe Well-Known Member

Maybe she's dating BOTH :grope: :saint:

12. Roxanne

Roxanne New Member

I am starting to think this is true. Maybe she and Nikita have an open relationship?

13. DimaToe

DimaToe Well-Known Member

If anything I would think that Morozov is trying his best to take Elena away from Nikita :lol:, it would explain the improved skinny Nikolai that we saw in Nice ;)

14. mia joy

mia joy New Member

Can anyone tell me if there's something going on between Volosozhar and Trankov? Some of their after-program interactions (as well as some off ice hints I saw in Nice) would suggest so, however I thought she was with Stanislav?

Kasey and (deleted member) like this.
  15. pinky166

Again, I noticed this too, maybe it is just a Russian culture thing? Because it would explain Elena and Nikita's interactions (if they aren't in fact dating) as well as Volosozhar and Trankov's (if she is in fact dating Stanislav). Also I did some :sekret: looking around and Elena lists herself as "In a relationship" on facebook while Nikita does not list any relationship status on his page, so I wonder.....really, really, really hope she is not actually dating Morozov though :yikes:. I thought he was with Ando??

16. babayaga

babayaga Active Member

I don't think it's a Russian culture thing. :D I don't know about Elena and Nikita, but the way Volosozhar and Trankov are acting with each other definitely makes me think there is something between them. And Tatjana also seems to be relatively cold with Stanislav now.

17. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

On goldenskate.com there has been some talk that Tatiana is with Maxim now and not Stanislav. That must be awkward, dating your coach and then breaking up with him for your new partner, while your ex is still your coach!

18. pinky166

What about I/K?? If the rumors are true, she's still skating with her ex, who she dumped for their coach, and his ex and former star pupil (Ando) is supposed to come back next season to train for the Olympics, alongside his new 17 year old girlfriend.

That would make a good soap opera! Like ew, how does he feel remotely okay dating a seventeen year old that's barely out of puberty? And his student no less. I mean, Elena's hot, but please, find someone your own age, please? If these rumors are true I can't imagine how Elena's parents must feel...

19. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

If it makes you feel better, she will be 18 on April 25 :lol:
    And it's not illegal for a 17 y/o to date in Russia, she's allowed to date whom ever :p

20. pinky166

Still...she's half his age! When she isn't wearing 10 lbs of makeup she looks all of about 14! It's just sickening. But she seems to be a bit of a diva and attention seeker and we all know how Morozov is, so in some ways, I have to wonder if it's true...

21. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

Hold the presses! Men don't date people half their age???? That's news to me :lol: anyway, we shouldn't even be discussing her. I'll wait and continue this convo April 25 :D

P.S. I hardly doubt they care what other people think ;)

22. pinky166

Okay but here's the thing, compared to some of his other students, Morozov is not that gross in the Kiss N' Cry with Elena. I mean, with Flo, there is always lots of heaving petting going on and it's just nasty :scream:, and he's not the only one, there is a lot of back rubbing and whispering going on when he's with Voronov and Leonova too, but with Elena...not so much. I guess it was the same way with Miki too though.

23. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

Maybe that's due to the her being the classy one. Maybe she doesn't want Nikita to feel awkward while her an Morozov slob each other down :rofl:

24. Yukari Lepisto

Yukari Lepisto Active Member

Honestly, i don't ever recall Volosozhar treated Stan differently, even when they were skating together. They never had this hot passion (lol) after they skate, never anything in the kiss and cry either. so i don't think it's much different now. It's more due to Stan is a very quiet and reserved guy though I think.

25. mia joy

mia joy New Member

Yeah, I would've never even guessed they were together hadn't I read it somewhere online (and even then I couldn't believe it). Tatiana and Maxim on the other hand... the chemistry has been there from day one! They have passion all over their faces when they look at each other :lol: Also, I'd never seen Max smile so much before she came around.

But the situation must be really awkward. If Stas can be ok with it and still coach them normally, I can have nothing but respect for him.

26. Lis

Lis Member

Well that could explain why Stas has looked sad for a while specially noticable in Paris where he looked very emotional after their skate at the Gala to" Aimee".At that time I thought he felt sad not skating that program with Tanya that he wanted to be out there instead of Max.People said he had been looking sad for a while. I don't think Stas is a trained coach so not sure how that works if he "can" coach others.Surely he knows plenty and has a big experience but educations counts.

27. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

I think he is a trained coach and has other pairs. A job's a job, why would he quit coaching one of the best teams? It would be quit a nice addition to his resume.

28. Lis

Lis Member

well I have been confirmed he isn't a trained coach which surprises me and yes training the best team is indeed a nice addition to a resume so good luck to him in his job.

29. Yukari Lepisto

Yukari Lepisto Active Member

Do you have a video of this? I thought V/T skated their SP at the Gala? and I don't think the camera ever shows the coaches for gala..

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  30. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

I thought I was the only one who noticed this.
    He (Stanislav) did not look too happy with them.