skatecast #44: Jojo Starbuck

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by manleywoman, Jan 6, 2011.

1. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

The latest MWSC is up!

It's an interview with Jojo Starbuck. With partner Ken Shelley, she won three US titles, two World Bronze medals and was in both the 1968 and 1972 Olympics. We discuss her career on and off the ice, her love for performing, and her incredible story of why the Japanese Federation made her miss a skating practice at the Sapporo Games (um, she needed a SEX test!). The interview is 1 hour and 2 minutes.

There's also a giveaway with this podcast: a $100 gift certificate to Rainbo Sports. Rainbo sells boots, blades, dresses, workout gear, DVDs, training aids, etc etc etc. The contest is open to anyone internationally. Details to enter are here.

I don't get tons of entries for these contests (yet) so odds are good of winning! Certainly better than that latest Mega Millions lottery. :lol:

Enjoy the interview!
  2. LadyNit

LadyNit moving right along Staff Member

oooooo. Jojo Starbuck is one of my all time fave skaters. THANK YOU, manleywoman. This one will be a huge treat. :biggrinbo
    manleywoman and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

Whenever you post a skatecast I really wish FSU had a like button like Facebook! :rofl:
  4. floskate

floskate Vacant

I absolutely LOVED this interview. She's so articulate and the detail she goes into is wonderful. Highly recommended!!

Thank you again for all your wonderful interviews. You really are forming a great archive of figure skating history. :)
  5. essence_of_soy

essence_of_soy Well-Known Member

I loved how JoJo says, "Wow, you really did your homework."

Great interview, Allison.
  6. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

Congrats to Alexia Dubecq for winning the $100 gift certificate to Rainbo Sports!

Working on getting the next podcast up as we speak . . .
  7. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I want to add my kudos and thanks to those you've already received!
    What a wonderful interview.