Skate America Ladies Alternate Poll

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by haribobo, Aug 4, 2012.

?

Who should be alternate?

1. Samantha Cesario

23 vote(s)
    35.9%
  2. Nina Jiang

9 vote(s)
    14.1%
  3. Leah Keiser

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. Joelle Forte

12 vote(s)
    18.8%
  5. Mckinzie Daniels

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Yasmin Siraj

6 vote(s)
    9.4%
  7. Haley Dunne

5 vote(s)
    7.8%
  8. Hannah Miller

8 vote(s)
    12.5%
  9. Lauren Dinh

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  10. Becky Bereswill

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  11. Amanda Dobbs

3 vote(s)
    4.7%
  12. Morgan Bell

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Assuming that Nagasu gets picked up off the alternate list and Czisny is still recovering from the surgery which of these should be first alt. And yes I am aware some of these could be assigned to JGP still (but haven't been as of today, 8/4).

2. icellist

icellist Member

The US already picked their 3 skaters for Skate America: Ashley Wagner, Rachael Flatt and Christina Gao.

Ashley because she's national champion. The other two have good scoring potential but their results last season wouldn't give them 2 GP's let alone 1, but they did very well at nationals to get on USFS good side. Everyone on your list is JGP except Joelle Forte, Becky Bereswill, Amanda Dobbs, and maybe Samaantha Cesario. But I still chose Joelle because I have a soft spot for her. But there isn't much point to this poll unless Flatt withdraws.

3. haribobo

There aren't enough spots on the JGP for all (some, yes, but not all) of Cesario, Siraj, Jiang, Miller, and Keiser in addition to those who have been assigned already. I believe Dunne has aged out.

Anyway, this poll is basically just for fun- not everything has to have a practical purpose.

4. icellist

icellist Member

Sorry I'm not the funnest person to be with when I haven't had my morning cup of coffee. But I was thinking that if the skater is on the jgp or even the substitute list for jgp, they are inegibile for the senior gp right?

5. jlai

jlai Title-less

I think Cesario's skating is mature and good enough for a GP, if only she would hold out for a spot instead of trying for JGP again. :(

6. skfan

skfan Member

i vote for angela wang over nina, haley, becky, lauren, morgan... basically everybody except cesario and maybe forte.

7. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

Flatt at SA again. Not exactly who i would want to be there.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  8. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

My favourite out of those is Forte, so I picked her. As long as it's not Morgan Bell, I wasn't impressed by her last performance I saw at Nationals (I forget if it was last year or the year before).

9. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Rachel is still going to compete? I thought she was done with skating and 2012 Nationals was it for her? How did I miss that. :confused:

10. valyrian

valyrian New Member

As far as I know Rachael still very much enjoys skating and wants to stick it out as long as she can.

11. demetriosj

demetriosj Well-Known Member

I'll second that!

12. haribobo

As Cesario and Miller have been assigned to JGP, then Forte and Jiang are the top choices per this poll. But Nagasu will probably be considered before them if she doesn't pick up another spot somewhere.

13. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

ITA. Angela is better than any of these.

14. SamuraiK

SamuraiK Well-Known Member

Well from that list Cesario y Miller are doing the JGP so is moot point for those two. Jiang and Keiser are very likely to get the 4th JGP event also.