Skate America Broadcasts TV and Internet

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by rfisher, Oct 13, 2011.

1. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Ice Network/NBC schedule Please add additional broadcasts as available.
    All times EST
    Friday, Oct. 21
    10:05 p.m.: Men's short program
    11:45 p.m.: Short dance
    Saturday, Oct. 22
    2:35 p.m.: Men's free skate (first group ONLY)*
    4:30 p.m.: Free dance (first group ONLY)*
    10:00 p.m.: Pairs short program
    11:25 p.m.: Ladies short program
    Sunday, Oct. 23
    4:05 p.m.: Pairs free skate
    5:45 p.m.: Ladies free skate
    *The second group of both the men's free skate and the free dance on Saturday, Oct. 22, will not be shown live on icenetwork.com but rather broadcast live on NBC. Please check your local NBC affiliate for broadcast information.

Simone411 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Thanks rfisher. Does anyone have the listings for the Russian WebTV or TVTeka?

3. HisWeirness

HisWeirness LYUBOV HAS BEEN FREED!

Right now I only see the listings for Eurosport coverage on the NTV Plus site:
    http://www.ntvplus.ru/tv/search.xl?search=Skate

This week is very busy for me (going to Europe Friday) so any help with the TV schedules is very appreciated. :D

4. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

:eek: look at those times!

Brings back memories of staying up until 2:30AM to watch Ashley Wagner's SP in Spokane. :yikes:

5. FarFarAway

FarFarAway Choice is an illusion

Well, half of the listings you cited include 2005 Skate America :)
    Grand Prix events will be broadcast in Russia by Eurosport and Eurosport 2 this year, and not always live.

NTV plus is not broadcasting the event this time.

6. FarFarAway

That's not the worst outcome :) I have to stay awake all night through:p

7. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

So no Skate America or other G-P eents on Universal Sports this year other than possible reshowings of the NBCs? That stinks. I was counting on UnivSports to see short programs and be able to DVR.

8. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

That is bad news. :(
    Just Skate America or all of the GP circuit? They are always very reliable in showing most everything live.
    Eurosport is not nearly as good this year...

9. FarFarAway

They are not showing all of the GP circuit:(
    I guess they lost interest in showing GP events, there were some talks about this last season.

10. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

:wuzrobbed

I was counting on them. :(

11. acraven

acraven Active Member

Universal Sports will have additional GP coverage, beyond what is shown on NBC. The Universal Sports website currently lists the following Skate America broadcasts:

Sun 10/23 1:30 PM 4:30 PM Pairs SP and Ladies SP
    Sun 10/23 4:30 PM 7:30 PM Pairs FS and Ladies FS
    Tue 10/25 6:00 PM 9:00 PM FD and Men's FS (or NBC Repeat)
    Tue 10/25 11:00 P 2:00 AM Pairs FS and Ladies FS (Repeat)
    Wed 10/26 3:00 PM 6:00 PM FD and Men's FS (Repeat)
    Thu 10/27 8:00 PM 11:00 P FD and Men's FS (Repeat)
    Fri 10/28 1:00 AM 4:00 AM Pairs FS and Ladies FS (Repeat)

This link also brings up Skate Canada broadcasts:

http://www.universalsports.com/tv-listings/sport=FS/index.html

12. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

It seems that Universal Sports will not be streaming Skate America- the coverage says "TV only"

13. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

They had to just change that. I was ready to buy coverage the day of instead of early and even though I am going to buy coverage anyway part of the reason was originally Skate America. They had a schedule and everything.

14. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

I'm at least looking forward to the NBC coverage. I also renewed my subscription to the IceNetwork coverage. The only regret is that I can't tape anything this season until I'm back home. Thanks for all the information everyone.

15. Braulio

Braulio Well-Known Member

No NTV Plus coverage! wow, that´s a shame indeed, as Eurosport wont be showing everything live or complete as it seems :(

16. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

What about RAI TV? Anyone know anything?

17. FarFarAway

I didn't find anything on their website in the Program Guide for Skate America:(
    My worst guess is that since the rights were sold to Eurosport this season and they are European TV channel, RAI won't show anything too.

18. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

:(

19. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

Will the Ladies and Pairs air live on NBC on Sunday?

20. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Not NBC. It will be on UnivSports, live at the first airing @ 4:30pm on Sunday, Oct 23.

That promises to be a doozy of an afternoon...SIX straight hours of Pairs & Ladies coverage on UnivSports, beginning with taped coverage of the earlier Prs/Ladies SPs from 1:30-4:30pm, then the LIVE coverage of Prs/Ladies finals from 4:30-7:30pm EST. Wheeee!!!! :rollin:

What's not-so-nice is the splitting of the Skate Canada (& certain other GP events) coverage over different weekends, so that, in the US, we will actually DVR some of Cup of China before we can DVR the remainder of coverage of the Skate Canada Ladies finals. grrr...time to juggle the DVD disks to keep coverage of specific competitions together...

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  21. Skate Talker

Skate Talker Well-Known Member

Coverage available in Canada will done by CBC and includes cbcsports.ca (web-streaming), CBC TV (main network), and CBC Bold (digital cable specialty channel).

The listing below are in Central Daylight Time. Some of these are simulcast across the country so times will be different depending on your time zone, and some are not simulcast so the times will be the same regardless of time zone. As always your best bet is to check your local listings.

cbcsports.ca

Sat Oct 22 2:00 PM
    Championship Figure Skating on CBC: Grand Prix Skate America - Dance Short & Men's Free Programs

Sun Oct 23 1:00 PM
    Championship Figure Skating on CBC: Grand Prix Skate America - Women's Short, Pairs Short, and Dance Free Programs

CBC Television

Sat Oct 22 2:00 PM
    Championship Figure Skating on CBC: Grand Prix Skate America - Dance Short & Men's Free Programs

Sun Oct 23 3:00 PM
    Championship Figure Skating on CBC: Grand Prix Skate America - Women's Short, Pairs Short, and Dance Free Programs

Mon Oct 24 12:30 AM
    CBC Sports Late Night: Championship Figure Skating on CBC: Grand Prix Skate America Pairs and Womens Free Programs

CBC Bold

Wed Nov 2 11:00 PM

Thu Nov 3 11:00 PM

Fri Nov 4 11:00 PM
    Championship Figure Skating on CBC: Grand Prix Skate America - Pairs and Women's Free Programs

Here is the link to the CBC webpage with their entire skating schedule for this winter. Click on the source name near the top to change the schedule to cbcsports.ca, CBC TV, or CBC Bold.
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/broadcast/

22. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

I hope since the Ladies and Pairs is on UnivSports and not NBC that means the Icenetwork will stream it live otherwise i am screwed since i don't get the Universal Sports channel.

23. rfisher

The icenetwork schedule is the first post in this thread. :lol:

24. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Thank you for the info. I found this in the TV schedule from IceNetwork:

(2:00 - 5:00 pm central)

25. A.H.Black

A.H.Black Well-Known Member

Skate America IS on NBC - Today (Saturday). It's 1:00 PM Mountain Time. I have no idea what time that is in the east as our schedule gets delayed a lot. There is no broadcast listed for tomorrow so I guess men's and dance are only on Universal.

26. rfisher

Better check your local broadcast. My NBC station is only showing 30 minutes of skating and if the football game goes over, they won't even show that. They have other programs in place including another football game.

27. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston Well-Known Member

That really sucks.

And I am not too happy with the shenanigans that Ice Network pulled during Meryl and Charlie's program last night, either. I get that they're probably showing part of it on tv today, but to block out the second half with a dumb rugby advertisement? Really? The only reason that I subscribed to them at all this year is because of this competition, and then to go and block out one of the main attractions.... despicable!

28. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

We aren't getting any skating at all- a very important football game between two teeny tiny universities is being shown (the "big" regional game is on right now).

I had a feeling this would be happening when they released the 'skating on Saturdays' schedule :(

29. rfisher

That's what's happening here as well. I had the same feeling. I don't expect to see any skating on NBC.

And that wouldn't have been ice networks fault regarding Davis and White. They are only getting the feed from NBC. If you want to blame an entity; blame the correct one. It wasn't IN's doing.

30. A.H.Black

A.H.Black Well-Known Member

It's on now and NBC is showing Men's free - live.