Skate America 2012

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by pat c, Oct 29, 2011.

1. pat c

pat c Well-Known Member

Has that been announced yet?

2. Carolla5501

Carolla5501 Well-Known Member

:lol:

You are kidding right?

First they have to find someone to take it....

My bet... Lake Placid which seems willing to take it anytime (Of course when it was last in Lake Placid I went to TEB... it was cheaper, easier to get to and actually took LESS travel time!)

3. pat c

pat c Well-Known Member

I wondered. Thanks. :)

Well that sucks.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  4. DaveRocks

DaveRocks Well-Known Member

Well, the USFSA seems to announce locations of future competitions earlier than Skate Canada. And since Skate Canada is announcing next year's location tomorrow, patc's question seems quite reasonable. :confused:

Really and (deleted member) like this.
  5. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Please Lake Placid. PLEASE!! (Or hartford or boston or even reading)

6. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

Please NOT Lake Placid! Somewhere with an airport please!

7. sammyf

sammyf Well-Known Member

Lake Placid gets a JGP in August 2012, I doubt they would get both that and SA.

8. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Really, anything within driving distance of NYC is good, even if it's Bum****, PA.

9. Carolla5501

I don't follow the Candian Federation.

Last year Skate Amerca was announed in the late spring

Just because Canada gets organized, doesn't mean the US is.

It's a reasonable question! It's just that the USFS really belives "it doesn't matter what we do fans will put up with it!" (Looking at the Skate America attendance brings that thought into question) They fail to realize that "planning ahead" would allow fans to plan to. Just look we now know where 2012 Skate Canada is. Worlds' 2013 is selling a pay plan for tickets. USFS has not announced 2013 Nationals.... For a lot of US citizens it's just as easy to go to 2013 Worlds and we have limited funds for skating. If the Canadians are more organized they get the funds..

Wonder why USFS doesn't get this?

10. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

Reading would be AWESOME. Unless SA is during my fall break, I'd be at school and only 45 minutes away!! But I'd also take Boston or Hartford if I'm home, lol.

11. acraven

acraven Active Member

2013 U. S. Nationals will be in Omaha, Nebraska. I think the announcement was made in April of this year, so nearly 2 years in advance. Although it's potentially helpful to know even farther ahead of time, I do not miss the days when the announcement came 3 years in advance, tickets went on sale almost immediately, and 100% payment was required at time of order.

12. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

US Nationals is always announced almost 2 years in advance. I've read much kvetching over my years online about how USFS sells tickets so far in advance.

13. AJ Skatefan

AJ Skatefan Well-Known Member

2013 US Nationals was announced a long time ago. Omaha.

14. Carolla5501

I thought they "withdrew" that announcement and it wasn't offical yet? Hopefully I am wrong. That's not a bad lead in. In that case I owe USFS an apology. I can live with anything over 18 months or so. Actually I could live with a year or even less. The risk to USFS is that while they are waiting others "spend thier cash" They are in competition with other skating events and just "life" for money and time which I don't think they get. Especially with something like Skate America. I think they need more time to market and "lock" those attendees in.

I think everyone KNEW months before it was in Omaha, but they spent several months "dancing" around LOL! (When you asked at last years event you were told "we have no idea" but folks in Omaha were saying "it's us!" )

15. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i'll go back to reading but someone has to be proactive and make sure i dont get stuck in a hooker hotel this time. i'm pretty sure jamsey and i witnessed a murder/kidnapping.

16. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!

17. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Come on, Everett!

genevieve and (deleted member) like this.
  18. flutzilla1

flutzilla1 Well-Known Member

Ooh really? That is great news! I'm so there!

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  19. pat c

pat c Well-Known Member

Yeah, or Portland.

genevieve and (deleted member) like this.
  20. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

Portland was good...:)

21. Terri C

Terri C New Member

Greensboro or DC... I'm soooo there!!

22. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

I'd be happy with any city on the east coast where SW flies (just not Reading). I doubt they'd put it in a large city like DC, given the poor turnout this year, but George Mason U's arena in Fairfax, VA might be a good spot. Or they could use Northeastern U's arena in Boston.

But please let it be somewhere near civilization - not Lake Placid!

23. OrioleBeagle

OrioleBeagle Active Member

Baltimore would be great! There are lots of things to do within walking distance of the Inner Harbor!

Stefanie and (deleted member) like this.
  24. OrioleBeagle

OrioleBeagle Active Member

My parents went to a gospel concert at George Mason (Patriot Center) and they complained that they couldn't find any restaurants nearby to eat dinner.

25. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

Then I guess they wouldn't like Reading. Not only was there nothing around the arena, there was nothing at or around the hotel, either. Hotel stopped serving at something like 9 or 10 (and that included room service). When we checked in, there was a sign at the front desk that said the restaurant was open until midnight, but it turned out that was only for those with credentials. I was so pissed off, I wrote a complaint on the corporate Sheraton website, which got us a free stay.

I hope to never return to Reading. :scream:

It would be awesome if it were in Baltimore, but the arena is not suitable.

LadyNit and (deleted member) like this.
  26. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

I vote for Phoenix.:lol:

27. Meredith

Meredith what a glorious day!

I vote for Columbus or Cincinnati. ;)

28. Dee2e

Dee2e Well-Known Member

NOT on the West Coast, please. SA and the Championships both in CA this year is just too hard for those in the East. It makes no sense to not share the events around the country to me.

I didn't go to SA because I'm going to San Jose.

Lake Placid is so nice to attend events despite the travel challenges. However, putting it in a place with an airport does make sense. Portland is a great place for skating but we went there last year. Give it a rest.

I suggest Hartford, Colorado Springs or Denver, Atlanta, Orlando, Tampa, Miami, Dallas, Philly, Boston, St Louis or anywhere not West since it's been West for two years! Last time SA was East it was in Lake Placid.

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  29. Lutzcy

Lutzcy Active Member

Of course, Indianapolis would do very nicely. Great facilities, hotels and restaurants all within walking distance. 20 Minute drive for me ;)

30. berthesghost

berthesghost Well-Known Member

That sucks. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I went to SA there a few years back and had a great time, and ate like a pig all over the place, in fact just thinking about the huge Amish meal we had one day makes me feel full! Lol so .... I guess it just goes to show, sometimes things are just a little off.

I think it's great that Lalique is always at bercy right in downtown Paris, although I have no idea how they afford to keep it up. It's always 60% empty when I go. Maybe polo or something can fund SA to always be at mad sq garden. Lol but personally I wouldn't mind if it was permanently at lp. Sure, one has to drive a few hours into the mts, but everyone always acts like getting there is an odyssey. It's not.

kwanette and (deleted member) like this.