Silver and bronze medalists for men (behind Chan) at Worlds this year

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by judgejudy27, Nov 20, 2010.

Silver and bronze medalists at Worlds this year for men

Poll closed Mar 30, 2011.
  1. Takahashi

84.6%
  2. Joubert

11.5%
  3. Abbott

35.6%
  4. Oda

19.2%
  5. Brezina

2.9%
  6. Rippon

7.7%
  7. Verner

24.0%
  8. other

8.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Could be part of Jeremy's problem too, but I kind of think Jeremy is just a headcase skater. When his mind is in a good place he can deliver all the content. When his mind is not in a good place, disaster ensues. :( Whereas Patrick rarely seems to skate clean (and I do like him so I'm not bashing), it doesn't seem to be his mind playing tricks on him. Just wondering if scaling back the in-between stuff a bit might be helpful.

2. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

:lol: Obsessed, no life, immature, perseverating ad nauseum. The list goes on and on.

Although judgejudy isn't the only poster on FSU like this. :shuffle:

3. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

I was just thinking the same thing. C&P and MT&M, and don't forget about Kevin Reynolds too!

4. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

When Jeff Buttle was competing, I used to think at times that he had too many transitions. He too was an inconsistent jumper with beautiful skating skills.

5. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

I didn't even say I don't like him. I actually think he is decent. I just hope that IF he skates poorly, he gets poor scores. If he skates deservingly, I'm fine with him winning gold!

6. NMURA

NMURA Member

I'm a bit relieved by the result of TEB. Chan's chance of grabbing the world title has decreased. I don't like Kozuka much (since I'm for Hanyu) but I support anyone who can prevent Chan. Honestly, I think Kozuka's FS score is inflated to the same proportion with Chan's scores. Perhaps, the European judges got together to give a warning to Chan and his federation. Some of them also are afraid of Hanyu's incredible talents and want Kozuka to be Takahashi's "successor". I must admit, if Hanyu can't compete at Tokyo worlds (unfortunately it's likely), his chance to be a podium contender at Sochi will decrease.

7. modern_muslimah

modern_muslimah Thinking of witty user title and coming up blank

:huh:

8. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

My bad and my apologies for reading your initial post wrong. So much Chan bashing going on that I didn't read it as you likely meant but in a different tone. I'm sorry, it's been a long week (not that that's an excuse, merely an explanation).

9. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Actually, I'm looking at the Chan bashing in a positive light :). It means that fans of other skaters are afraid he's going to beat their faves. Patrick has come of age in the skating world lol. As he's still getting his programs together for worlds, and probably tweeking some areas, and planning on peaking at the right time, I'm not too worried about the falls...........there are some difficult entries and he will nail those jumps when it really counts for something. I have faith in him. If by any chance he doesn't, then I'm sure he will not win or even place in such a deep men's field. I'll place my bets on Paddy peaking when it counts.

10. bek

bek Guest

I don't care if Patrick beats my favs if he skates well. I care that right now the judges are given him HUGE scores and letting him beat quality skaters when he's averaging 4 freaking falls a competition. And I'd be saying similar things if it was my favorite skater getting those kind of scores.

I don't want to see any skater win that way, even skaters who absolutely are my favorites.

kwanette and (deleted member) like this.
  11. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

I think that there may have been times when the skaters wished for that rule.;)

12. Dilng

Dilng Well-Known Member

I hope Chan doesn't win any medal at Worlds!!

13. bek

bek Guest

I realize Patrick at time gets scoring gifts, and he can talk alot (although he hasn't been so bad this season). But I really don't think its fair to blame him for his marks.

If Patrick skate well he'll deserve to make the world podium more than likely, but I just hope he gets scored fairly.

14. bbkenn

bbkenn Well-Known Member

I think Takahashi will win worlds, chan will win silver and bronze will be up for grabs...