Silver and bronze medalists for men (behind Chan) at Worlds this year

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by judgejudy27, Nov 20, 2010.

Silver and bronze medalists at Worlds this year for men

Poll closed Mar 30, 2011.
  1. Takahashi

84.6%
  2. Joubert

11.5%
  3. Abbott

35.6%
  4. Oda

19.2%
  5. Brezina

2.9%
  6. Rippon

7.7%
  7. Verner

24.0%
  8. other

8.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

Since the judges have quite obviously awarded Chan the World title in 2011 (along with the World titles in 2012, 2013, and Olympic Gold in 2014) irregardless of his performance or whether he has 1, 3, 5, or 20 falls who do you believe will be the silver and bronze medalists at Worlds this year. I am suspecting it will be some combination of Joubert, Takahashi, Oda, Brezina, or an American. It is multiple choice so pick 2.

2. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

:rofl:

3. falling_dance

falling_dance D. Murakami's Newest Fan

I think Chan will (and should) win all three medals. :saint:

4. judgejudy27

I chose Takahashi and Brezina to win the silver and bronze. Takahashi will be from 10-20 points back of Chan (depending how many falls Chan has and whether Takahashi skates clean). Brezina from 18-25 points back.

5. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

:lol: this is one of the funniest posts, I luv it

I think chan will win worlds by 100 points .... But if he only falls 2 times then he wins by 200 .. he won't go clean so we don't need to worry about what that score would be

6. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

I really hope that the Gold isn't being set aside for Chan.

7. judgejudy27

I hope my past powers of having threads like this blow up in my face continues. :D I very much hope that pattern continues in this case in fact.

8. Squibble

Squibble New Member

What, no platinum? :drama:

9. vodkashot

vodkashot Active Member

10. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

Wow that person who made that pic has a lot of time on their hands :D

Or maybe Patrick made it himself

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  11. NMURA

NMURA Member

Patrick Chan always bombs badly in Asia. I don't think he wins but let's wait and see GPF in Beijing.

2006 NHK 5 deductions
    2008 GPF 4 deductions
    2009 WTT 3 deductions

12. judgejudy27

Bombing is irrelevant when it comes to Chan. The judges have made that perfectly clear this season. 3-5 deductions past performances in Asia? Big deal, it will take alot more than 3-5 FALLS for him to lose the title this year.

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  13. NMURA

NMURA Member

World is more serious competition than money making events like GP. Making two or major errors is fatal, especially in away. That' why I say he can't win. Someone in the "top" ranks skates clean and takes the title.

14. RunnersHigh

RunnersHigh Well-Known Member

He can!!

Gold from victory ceremony.
    Silver from LP small medal ceremony.
    Bronze from SP small medal ceremony.

But, I hope he can clean both programs and win 3 gold medals. Or share some of them to Dai, Rippon, Abott or Joubert. :D

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  15. mia joy

mia joy New Member

No Chan on the podium, please. He's so boring.

I want Daisuke and Tomas on it FOR SURE. These guys are just :hat1:

I love Brian, but his LP this year is disastrous. Unless he changes it, I vote for... ehm, Abbott :)

16. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

If Chan falls 4 times I'd really love to see a podium of Takahashi, Verner, and Abbott. They all seem to be overcoming their former demons nicely so far.

17. judgejudy27

Chan right off the podium with 4 falls, LOL! Keep dreaming. He would have won today over one of the top skaters with 2 clean programs with 4 falls if he didnt do an extra combination.

18. bek

bek Guest

If Patrick were to skate well, I'd have no issues with him winning Worlds. He's an excellent skater, and I enjoy his skating. I've learned to ignore the mouth.

All I want is for Patrick to get rewarded with high placements if he skates well, but to get rewarded with poor scores when he's falling four times. Crazy thoughts I know.

19. Jarrett

Jarrett Well-Known Member

Which top skater had two clean programs? Verner was not clean and I can't take that program he has seriously anyway. I'm not even a huge fan of Chan but his programs as a whole are MILES ahead of Verner.

20. judgejudy27

Oh but Chan with 4, 5, or 6 falls is still skating very well. Those skating skills, those edges, those artistic asssplats, right. :D You arent suggesting something so silly as Chan should actually have to not have multiple falls to win events are you. Blasphemy!

21. judgejudy27

Sorry you are right. Chan was robbed today. He only had 4 falls in this event, he is so superior he should have needed atleast 6 to lose. The most underscored skater ever. My sympathy goes out to him. :lol:

22. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

IMO, Chan, Takahashi, Verner, Abbott and Kozuka are going to be in the top 5 at Worlds (no particular order). ;)

23. briancoogaert

You forgot to send your sympathy to him and his family. :p

24. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

It's really too bad that the judges have to begrudgingly award the other 2 medals to a different skater than Chan when it's so obvious they want to award him everything. They can always prostitute themselves to him I guess. :shuffle:

25. bek

bek Guest

I actually have to disagree, I think that all five skaters have proven to be extremely inconsistent at the big moments and its more than likely that a great jumper will make his way into the top 5.

I'm curious to see if Brezina has overcome his preseason/injury woes. Yes he had some consistency issues early this season, but it was early in the season, and I still think Michal's a better competitor than a lot of those guys you mentioned, and since he does have some charisma/personality he could be extremely dangerous.

26. judgejudy27

Oda is skating well and looks like a contender as well. Though given her history I would be surprised if he medals at Worlds. All I can say for sure is Takahashi and Chan will be on that World podium not matter how they skate, so that leaves only 1 medal for the other guys.

27. bek

bek Guest

Oda absolutely can be a factor, but lets face it Oda has a history of making stupid mistakes at the top moments. I'd love to see Oda at least get a world medal, he's way too talented not too but...

I don't think we can say Daisuke/Chan will be on the podium for sure. My gut says that there has been enough screaming and outrage of what's been going on in the scores, that the judges are eventually going to have to respond, especially in the case of Patrick. Maybe it won't happen at this years worlds, but it will happen eventually.

28. briancoogaert

Dangerous, maybe, but he is injured ! That's why I didn't count him. Dont know about his recovery. :confused:
    And about his charisma, I find him a bit unpolished. Even if his SP this season seemed better than his programs from last season !

29. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

Although I don't think it's Chan's to lose, I did vote in the poll. Nobody gave Adam any lurve, and he's so cute somebody had to! The judges should give him +3 cuteness awards on all his elements! :drama:

kwanette and (deleted member) like this.
  30. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

I assume Dai and Patrick will be on the podium if they skate well. And then the final spot will be between: Oda, Kozuka, Abbott, Verner, Brezina, Joubert, Rippon. That's a lot of men to fight for one spot on the podium. And that is excluding spoiler like Reynolds if he does 2 quads in the SP and then 3 in the LP and manages not to pop his axels.