Shpilband/Zoueva Split Aftermath: What Happens Next?

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Jun 12, 2012.

1. dots

dots Well-Known Member

Haterz are gonna hate!

The truth is the future favors the Shibutanis. Plus this season's OD should be right up their alley and will put them back on track.

Navka = BIG ol' has been! :p :blah:

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  2. allezfred

allezfred Old and Immature Admin Staff Member

Yes. Has been World champion twice and Olympic champion once. :D

aka_gerbil and (deleted member) like this.
  3. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

This.

4. dots

dots Well-Known Member

Is this where she performed her "legendary" tribute to The Pink Panther... ?

:rofl:

5. DimaToe

DimaToe Well-Known Member

Ok, so im still REALLY wanting to know if Riazanova/Tkachenko will be heading to Novi with Igor, has anyone else heard anything yet?

6. equatorial

equatorial Well-Known Member

No. In the US the future heavily favours H/D.

7. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

Who in the US is with Krylova / Camerlengo ? :p

8. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Not surprised to see Tobias/Stagniunas going with Shpilband as well.

Again, he'll be able to give them much more focus than Zoueva for whom D/W and V/M are the top priority.

I don't want to argue about how they are in 'real life' because what I care about is how they appear on the ice and the overprotective parents story just seems consistent with that.

And anybody can write anything on the internet because it doesn't require actually getting involved in any 'real' social interactions (I am a very good example of that :p).

But that is not what their problem is. Their problem is letting go, so exactly the opposite.

I want to see them let go, have fun on the ice, show some personality, show some charisma, show some performance skills, etc.

And stop skating safe, predictable, ballroom dances!

(Of course with Zoueva choreographing their routines, that is not going to happen)

Yes.

I was being half-serious and I stand by what I said.

Not allowing your teenage children to go on dates is just :rolleyes:.

If you want to be a bitch, at least have the guts to do it directly instead of making passive aggressive statements.

And my number of sexual partners totally qualifies me to be an expert on slutty, sensual Latin dances. :D

The Carnival is all about the sex. :hat1:

Hubbell/Donohue (there's probably more but can't recall them at the moment).

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  9. Karpenko

Karpenko Well-Known Member

:navkos1: Power to the diva. She is still better than any lady out there.

10. Asli

Asli Well-Known Member

She is, but she was not as good as her predecessors Krylova and Grishuk.

It is officially the off-season. :shuffle:

11. eurodance2001

eurodance2001 Active Member

Aside from hubbell/donohue, Aldridge and eaton are also with krylova/camerlengo. They finished 3rd at world juniors..

12. Libertango

Libertango New Member

Maybe Boy Hubbell & new partner too?

13. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

Yes, they are at DSC as are Bonacorsi/Lorello.

14. Stephanie

Stephanie Well-Known Member

I believe the new team of Hawayek/Baker also

15. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Maybe now some teams will move to Shpilband from DSC?

16. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

What would be the point? DSC is an established operation, the skaters seem happy there, and Krylova and Camerlengo (and their team) are getting great results. Unless something goes wrong there, the current teams have no incentive to leave, certainly not before they see what Shpilband does on his own.

17. pani

pani Well-Known Member

They have 18 teams now. Will all off them have enough attention?

18. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

Who are the 18 teams? That's the first I've heard of them having that many ice dancers.

Although people generally refer to Krylova and Camerlengo, there are at least three other coaches involved in the training of the competitive dance teams: Massimo Scali, Liz Swallow and Natalia Annenko.

19. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Maybe i am wrong

Weaver-Poje
    Pechalat-Bourzat
    Hubbel-Donahue
    Olson-Hubbel
    Bonacorsi/Lorello.
    Australian team
    Italians
    Aldridg-Eaton
    Junior USA team

20. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Ice dancers pictured at the recent DSC ice show photos on IN & IFS included: Pechalat and Bourzat (FRA), Weaver and Poje (CAN), Hubbell and Donohue (USA), Alessandrini and Vaturi (ITA), Aldridge and Eaton, Ian Lorello (by himself), Danielle O'Brien and Greg Merriman (AUS), Johanna Allik (EST), and Jordan Cowan (retired). I assume Allik/Paul Bellantuono are still together?

I think Paul/Islam (CAN) are there for summer training only?

There are at least 7 U.S. teams currently coached by Camerlengo, Krylova, Scali, Annenko-Deller and Liz Punsalan-Swallow and they are:
    SR - Hubbell/Donohue, Anastasia Olson/Keiffer Hubbell (new), Lauri Bonacorsi/Ian Lorello (new);
    JR - Aldridge/Eaton, Kaitlin Hawayek/Jean-Luc Baker (new), Jessica Mancini/Brad Kleffman (new), Holly Moore/Daniel Klaber (novice champs, now full-time at DSC, I believe).

ETA: Refer to the posts below that confirm that Alessandrini/Vaturi (ITA) are training full-time at DSC.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  21. pani

pani Well-Known Member

So at least 12? Thank you, Silvia!
    I am not sure Alessandrini/Vaturi there only for summer, because they were with P. Camerlengo at WCh in Nice and Scally talked about them in interview in Nice.

22. Marta24

Marta24 Active Member

There was an interview before Worlds with Alessandrini/Vaturi and there it sounded like it is a permanent thing.

23. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

Yep, they are training full-time in Detroit

24. twizzletoes76

twizzletoes76 Member

I would not be surprised if Igor recruits Liz Punsalan to work with his teams. Surely he is going to need help with his students on the day to day. Right now I know he only has the two teams that have been icenetwork confirmed but it's hard for me to believe he doesn't have a bunch of students already that we just haven't heard about. I think Liz would make a great assistant for him. Probably way more trustworthy and less with her head in the clouds than the last one. . .

25. twizzletoes76

twizzletoes76 Member

Also, I am very intrigued by the new Olson/Hubbell partnership. I see lots of promise there. I know there were some photos of the two in one of the other threads (can not seem to find). . . they both looked very strong and athletic. I love athletic skaters. :)

26. CoralReef

CoralReef Member

Regarding DSC, another thread mentioned Alexandra Paul and Mitchell Islam with Pasquale at least through the summer. There is also Matt Kleffman who is with a Canadian girl. I think that brings it up to a minimum of 15 teams. I read he was working with Plushenko on choreography too. Even with a large coaching team assisting him he must be a very busy man to fit all that in.

27. hockeyplayer2

hockeyplayer2 Member

I think it would be an awkward position for Liz Punsalan to take, as her husband, Jerod Swallow, is the director at the DSC. She is listed as one of the coaches of the teams working at DSC.

28. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

So are Bonacorsi-Lorello officially a new couple? I hadn't heard that, guess I've been out of the loop. Was it announced in any recent article?

29. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

I've posted the link to an Olson/Hubbell photo shoot in their thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3598035#post3598035
    (I also cross-posted the list of known Camerlengo/Krylova/etc. teams training at DSC in that thread.)

AFAIK there hasn't been a news article or official announcement for Bonacorsi/Lorello yet, just hearsay info posted here on FSU.

30. Karpenko

Karpenko Well-Known Member

Well you've got me there, but I think I'd still shag and cliff the other two. ;)