Should Tuktamysheva and Gachinski leave Mishin?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by risto1803, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

2. bronwynsings

bronwynsings Active Member

Poor Tuk :( Hoping she can recover soon and recover well!

3. loulou

loulou Well-Known Member

What happened?
    I'd love to see all the russian girls healthy for future copetitions.

4. orientalplane

orientalplane Mad for mangelwurzels

Date of photo?

5. altai_rose

altai_rose Well-Known Member

A couple hours ago. Happened at the Russian Cup final this weekend in practice before LP.

6. Hanna

Hanna Wheeeeeeeeeee

:(

OTOH it's not like there were any important competitions left for her to do this season anyway (?) so I guess it's just as well that she can already start preparing for next fall.

7. DELTA

DELTA Member

poor liza:(

8. moviechicko_o

moviechicko_o New Member

Mishin seems to have missed the memo on CoP. I don't think he will have a hugely successful skater on the level of his past pupils until he realizes that times have changed and learn how to maximize points. He can't use the same plan on his young skaters that he uses for Plushenko. Plus he could've easily gotten Plush the gold in Vancouver if a tiny bit more strategy was employed.

9. Maofan7

Maofan7 Member

Tuk's injury happened half way through her Russia Cup Final free program. She stumbled awkwardly. Looked like quite a nasty injury to her ankle. Hope it's not too serious, and that she recovers quickly

10. misskarne

misskarne #ForzaJules #KeepFightingMichael

Unfortunately, Mishin says it looks like a torn ligament. :wuzrobbed

And I think both of them will be fine as long as Mishin resists the urge to take things out of programs that the choreographer gives them. I know Artur was resisting that sort of thing last year, and his Anna Karenina was wonderful (and I even liked the flamenco short that Jeff Buttle did for him).

Actually, maybe I need to go start a petition. "Petition for Artur to keep Anna Karenina" or maybe just "Petition to put Artur in grey again this season". ;)

11. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

Poor Liza. She seemed to be skating well- although slow-landing the jump. The injury didn't even happen on a jump, from this link. I hope it's just an ankle sprain and nothing is broken.

12. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

I thought I had read somewhere that Artur Gachinski had left Mishin. Is that incorrect information?

13. Maofan7

Maofan7 Member

Accordingly to this article, that's correct (a torn ankle ligament). How absolutely awful, as that is a serious injury. Really hope that Liza can come back from this.

14. loulou

loulou Well-Known Member

Thank you both for delivering the news, though it's a bad one.

I really hope no russian girl will be wiped out of the scene by injuries (or puberty), I'd love to see the full roster, as it's a great one. So I wish Tuktamisheva the best possible recovery.

15. lulu

lulu New Member

Oh no! Poor Liza. :(

16. rosewood

rosewood Whoa! Samurai battles!

:( Wishing for her full recovery.

17. zippy

zippy Active Member

Aw, poor Tuk :(. That's such a classic way to tear a ligament - blade gets stuck in the ice sideways while the body keeps rotating. Unfortunately it can be harder and longer to rehab a torn ligament than a broken bone, but maybe it will turn out to be not such a severe tear. At least the timing of it should allow her to take her time with the rehab. Wishing her a speedy and full recovery!

18. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I think this might end Tuk's career. The straw that breaks the camel's back.

19. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Gettin' my sass out

^I hope not. I like her jump technique more than any of the other Russian girls. I'd love to see her fulfill at least some of that potential :(