Should it be illegal to stink and not wear deodorant @ gym?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by haribobo, Sep 28, 2011.

1. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

There were some guys at my gym who stunk so bad I could barely breathe. They were obviously not wearing deodorant. Really not cool. Can we make a law for this?

2. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

stinking should be illegal absolutely everywhere. if any candidate put that on his or her platform, i would vote for them in at least 3 states.

3. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I'd much prefer men to stink over dousing themselves in Axe bodyspray.

There are apparently some people who are allergic to deodorant- alternatives are just not as effective.

numbers123 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. haribobo

Well I don't think these guys were allergic. Just of a certain race that is well known for not wearing deodorant. :/ Sorry to have to bring it there but its just true. And gross. And obnoxious. It should not be allowed, rawr. I was reading that shaving/trimming underarms helps a lot too. I'm willing to be they didn't do that either.

5. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

Icky ick!!! :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

6. UMBS Go Blue

UMBS Go Blue KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!

Hear hear! It's all the more obnoxious when people are all sweaty and in tank tops, which seems to makes the odor even more... noticeable.

And cleaning off the benches / equipment after use would sure be nice, in addition to placing your towel over benches / equipment while using them. Awfully lovely when you go do bench presses or leg extensions and see the bench/apparatus covered in a layer of slimy sweat. :yikes:

It's not limited to any one race at my (very diverse) gym. I was trying to bench press 165 lbs (in addition to the 45 lb barbell) the other day and this one white blonde person - who always works out in the same lime green T-shirt - walked odoriferously by and I nearly passed out and dropped the whole barbell. :eek:

[goes to grab the keys to the janitor's closet so I can lock Skittl in there with all the stinky people :shuffle: :p ]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
    halffull and (deleted member) like this.
  7. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

There's a guy who works at our supermarket. I call him Hyper-Cologne Guy. Uses so much cologne he makes me sneeze.

Back to the regular topic. . .

8. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

All smelly body parts should be illegal!!!! Man or Woman. :p

9. Southpaw

Southpaw Saint Smugpawski

Bonus to working out at home - if I stink nobody notices. :slinkaway

Not that I ever EVER stink after a good sweaty workout, mind you. :saint:

halffull and (deleted member) like this.
  10. my little pony

more people should swim

11. Southpaw

I agree :saint:

12. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

Still better than mega-stink... :scream:

13. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I despise B.O. and the people who cluelessly (or not) emit it. One of the dancers at the bar I used to work part-time would not wear deodorant. His lover at the time, a doctor (!), was fragrance-free too, and preferred his LOVAH the same way. Apparently it turned some customers on. "My phermones can arouse people" he'd brag. It made my eyes water. I used to :rofl: at him whenever a customer told him to go away because he smelled. It happened several times. He'd shrug his shoulders and walk away like it was no big deal, but I'd laugh....don't be coming up to me smelling like ass and armpit....

14. heckles

heckles Banned Member

Smokers have the worst BO. The nicotine just seeps out their pores.

15. UMBS Go Blue

UMBS Go Blue KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!

Fast food addicts --> larger, greasier, and sweatier too.

16. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

You haven't smelled nothin' until you've smelled well-used hockey gear...:scream:

17. my little pony

why do you know this?

18. Southpaw

Preach it, sister!

19. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

You can smell this one even before they enter the rink.

Some smokers are just putrid after they have been out for a fag.

Although I also find people who overdose themselves on perfume can be just as bad.

20. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

oh my gosh, please make it a law! Last week I had 2 guys on each side that smelled HORRENDOUS! Seriously, I almost fell off the elliptical because I was trying to hold my breath. oye

21. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

When I did a show overseas (a country where they are notorious for not bathing often) the dressers were constantly being told to wear deodorant. Nothing worse than coming off for a quick change panting and breathing deep and these dressers would lift their arms to take your helmet off and they smelt like ripe ass. I also got off the train one time at peak hour when there were no seats left and many people had their arms up to hang onto the overhead railing (in the same country) and turned and yelled "Don't you people shower over here?" Body odours are rancid.

22. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

Heavy perfume application can be bad/overpowering to many, but at least it's not in a nasty, sweaty, stinky body odor way... :scream:

23. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

Oh, come on...what country?? :D

Ozzisk8tr and (deleted member) like this.
  24. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Hubby plays hockey. Mini Ice too. I need a separate house.

25. Civic

Civic New Member

I'm reminded of that old Brothers Johnson song:

Get the funk outta my face
    GET the FUNK outta my face...

Rob and (deleted member) like this.
  26. Lainerb

Lainerb New Member

You sound like a major prude and honestly if you have that much of an issue with the way a gym smells then you probably shouldn't go there. Yes, and you are racist as well.

genevieve and (deleted member) like this.
  27. haribobo

Lainer- Its not all the people at the gym, I'm talking about how one or two people can ruin an area of the gym I otherwise love. Which just so happened to be where the only available cardio machines were. :p And its a cultural thing in that race. It is fact that a good number people of that race do not wear deodorant (obviously not all). And I'm fine with people doing things according to culture but when you come to the gym smelling like you just rolled around in a sewer, that's taking it too far.

28. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

:rofl: Thanks for the morning giggle, civ!!! Made my morning.

29. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

This bring up a problem with people not bothering to shower being entering the pool.

30. Aimless

Aimless New Member

I know it's an unpopular view but for gods sake, we're mammals. there are genetic reasons for our smells. That's why you all react so strongly to them. May I suggest that you could have bigger thoughts about what's going on here? The big drug corporations have convinced us that their stuff smells better than our stuff and we've bought the whole package. I use it but I'm not sure why. It's a silly commercial social convention that further alienates us from the beings that we truly are. I used to date a guy who was in the merchant marine and we would be separated for two months or more. When he came home I'd meet him at the airport and bury my nose in his armpit and inhale as if I'd been suffocating. He smelled great to me, mildly tangy and so masculine. Thank heaven the feminine deodorant sprays didn't really catch on.
    You're sure you want laws about this? Keep the laws off my body please.
    Rant over. I know no one will agree with me.

Jodi, timing, genevieve and 3 others like this.